Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Do we make another move?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensZ06 View Post
    The G from the Saints, having a brain fart, is 30 and signed a 3 yr 20M deal.

Jahri Evans?
    Total Value: $18,000,000 (avg. $6,000,000/year; $8,403,000 fully guaranteed)
    3rd highest of 32 RG contracts
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    i want ahmad bradshaw, even if he cant stay healthy for 16 games, think he could be a cheap asset when healthy
    Forsett is the starter at RB already and at this point I'd rather go with Allen and Taliaferro.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Pierre Thomas is much like Forsett in that he is 30, but has relatively low mileage.

An asset in the passing game, I am surprised he is still out there.

The first major RB injury and he will likely be scooped up.

I'd scoop him up on a vet minimum deal even without the explicit need.

Much rather have Pierre than Toussaint. Especially in Trestman's "RB as pass catcher" offense.

If Yanda is going to require top-market rate, I'd rather let him walk. Unless it was a short 2 year extension at that top rate, where barring injury/voodoo curse/metamorphisis into Gino Gradkowski/etc. he will play it out at an elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    4.) He is without question the best Guard in the game and arguably the best offensive lineman in the game, who can still play at a high level when moved to Tackle. That is rare.
    Without question? Marshall is awesome, but there are other incredibly talented guards in the game. And many of them (cough Zach Martin cough) are younger and on the upswing. Marshall is only going to decline from here. It's a question of how much, and how quickly.

That said, I say you pay the guy, but only if it makes sense based on what you can reasonably expect his future performance to be for the duration of the contract. Bad teams pay guys based on what they have done in the past.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Guess we'll have to wait and see what other magic Ozzie is going to produce for the Ravens. Have to think it will be the final piece along with the great drafted players coming up. Hoping Flacco and Trestman put together a great season and the defense also comes together to produce a historical year..

The season looks tough from the get go, win 4/5 of the first games and most will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Pierre Thomas is much like Forsett in that he is 30, but has relatively low mileage.

An asset in the passing game, I am surprised he is still out there.

The first major RB injury and he will likely be scooped up.

I'd scoop him up on a vet minimum deal even without the explicit need.

Much rather have Pierre than Toussaint. Especially in Trestman's "RB as pass catcher" offense.
    He'd be the 5th RB on the roster.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by RavensZ06 View Post
    Not to sure any of them get done. Oz said he was frustrated with the way Tucker and Yandas talks were going.
    Link? I don't buy it. The only quotation I've seen is this one:

"We have several guys that right now we’re working to try and get extensions,” Newsome said. “We were able to get Jimmy’s done and that was a big help for us because it did create some additional cap room. As an organization, we want to continue to try. [Owner Steve Bisciotti] already said that Yanda is someone we would like to extend, and Justin Tucker. Several guys we are targeting as to try and get extensions done. Sometimes, if we don’t get an extension with one, then we’ll move on to the next guy.”

So Jamison Hensley then writes that Ozzie was frustrated and everyone reading that runs with it. But where does Ozzie say anywhere that he is frustrated with the way Tucker and Yandas talks were going? I don't see that at all. What I see is an honest assessment of how business works, and one reporter interpreting that (and maybe some body language?) as being frustrated. Much ado about nothing at this point, IMO. It is only May - I think they have time to negotiate a deal if they want to. Of course, I could be wrong, but I need some proof beyond one reporter's interpretation of what looks like an innocuous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Guess we'll have to wait and see what other magic Ozzie is going to produce for the Ravens. Have to think it will be the final piece along with the great drafted players coming up. Hoping Flacco and Trestman put together a great season and the defense also comes together to produce a historical year..

The season looks tough from the get go, win 4/5 of the first games and most will be happy.
    If the Ravens do win 4 of their first 5 some could celebrate like this:

https://vine.co/v/eAd3VTiw9MO

or not LOL

Resign Jeromy Miles who, strangely, hasn't signed his Tender. I wonder if he's waiting for an opportunity with another team when a guy goes down in training camp.

Blog Entries

Not sure but... don't the Ravens have to keep $ aside in case of injury during the season? If so, then there is not much left over for a free agent signing... Bc