Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Rice back to Baltimore?

Yahoo article showing the top 5 best landing spots for Rice.

Guess 1 team that didn't make the list? Yep, the Ravens.

I know any article that is written on a Rice comeback is pretty much all opinionated, but for someone to actually think he would come back to Baltimore and be a Raven again is beyond me. It was 100% nixed when they released him.

Anywho, here is the link: (I'm pretty sure all 5 have been discussed somewhere on here already)

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl...y-rice.html/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Selling the team? WTF? Where are you getting that info?
    Biscotti mentioned it during his press conference when he was addressing the ESPN article that came out. I don't know how honest he was being but he certainly said the thoughts were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I believe in second chances but theres not a chance in hell he would get it here. Not only has the ship sailed...... it reached its destination and getting ready for its next journey. Forget him coming back and retiring as a Raven too as suggested earlier. Thered have to be a LOT of patched up feelings for that to ever happen.

Id always thought the Patriots might get in on this before its said and done... this just the kind of move theyd pull. But looking back at Krafts comments he dug his heels so deep and left no wiggle room with what he said hed look like a complete utter hypocrite if they turned around and signed him. I doubt his ego would allow him to look like such a fool.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

I don't think I'd want Ray Rice back. But not because of the issues with his wife and image, it's because I think we have good talent already here. I think Justin Forsett and some of the 1st and 2nd year guys will get it done. Rice had a very bad 2013 and didn't even play in 2014. But if Ozzie did bring Rice back I'd give him a 2nd chance as a fan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Seriously considered selling the team? Where did you pull that one out of? I don't buy that for a second.
    I thought I heard it on the radio about the time he said it was the worse year
    of his 14 years owning the team. Then he joked saying he was off suicide
    watch. He was still going to be the owner.

A friend emailed me and said did you hear Bisciotti almost sold the team and
    I said yea.

But now I can't find anything on it in writing and I'm waiting for my friend to send
    me a link so just forget it until I post a link but he was very depressed over
    all the bad press he was getting in the media after a squeaky clean career as owner
    of one of the best organizations in sports. Suddenly the entire world was on his
    head but I'm still looking for something in writing on it.

It was something I heard on radio while driving around but I can't find
    anything in writing and I got an email about it.

This is the closest I could find in writing from the Sun but then he makes a joke.

Bisciotti gave a wry smile when asked Monday about the prospect of being forced to sell. "That would be interesting," he said. "If they force me to sell, then I guess I'll sell. …
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-23-2015 at 12:19 PM.

If I were the owner, then I would consider giving him a second chance as I do believe that he has paid his dues through the justice system. Would it be an unpopular move in the eyes of NFL Fans in general? Probably, but then the Patriots fans backing Tom Brady and Richie Incognito were unpopular in my eyes, yet they are still playing snaps for the Patriots and Bills respectively.

I do agree that deflating footballs isn't as bad as hitting a woman or racially bullying a team mate... However, the latter one is the problem for me. If Incognito can get away with making another team mates life hell, physically assaulting them and racially abusing them to name but a few incidents, then I think Rice deserves a 2nd chance with us.

Now here's the big IF... IF he were to sign with us, he should call a press conference and explain that what he did was unacceptable and that he has learned from his mistake.

Surely this would be better than having his salary as dead cap money? Or would this money still be "dead money" even if we did sign him again?

AirFlacco. It was on 105.7 the fan. I heard it too. Was just a clip and they talked about it for 5 min than moved on to something else. But I remember it also. In context I think whoever next said it was he was feeling alot of pressure. The guys been a squeaky clean business man for how long, and to get to that level of power and money and NOT have something the FBI or police would like to talk about is a feat in itself. The Rice thing was the first black mark. I could see a guy with his morals questioning if he should indeed keep the team.

Luckily though I also think it was just a quick knee jerk thing and prob hasnt crossed his mind since. Thank god. Lol

As for Rice coming back. Dont see a chance. But I do believe he deserves a shot somewhere. He got a raw deal to be sure. Not saying what he did wasnt wrong but as a human he made a mistake. Id bet that every single person on here can think back to a time or action that we werent very proud of and betting further that we situation it was couldve escalated even further. Maybe we had self control step in, or another person. Rice and his wife unfortunatly didnt.

Public opinion is moot anyway, actually thats not the word Im looking for. But the public are sheep. The mob mentality. The feeling of you need to get on board with the popular opinion. Its all bunk.

Bisciotti would never seriously consider selling the team over a bad run of personnel problems. He didn't become a billionaire by running away from problems.

As far as a Return of the Rice is concerned there was a lot of talk about his lack of productivity before the incident. I strongly doubt any serious interest would exist within the Ravens organization for him now. Too great a chance of problems for a small chance for success.

Blog Entries

these talking heads on espn really show their illiteracy towards football and situations it makes you wonder if espn really have any more credibility, the fact rice got cut then sued the team to recoop his losses is enough to know he will never be back here, the fact Harbs is the still the head coach and we see the kind of guys he has built this team on the last five-six years should tell you a guy like Ray Rice will never play here again. Not even the Raiders or the cowboys who have signed two backs this week are staying away from Rice. Does Rice deserve a second chance? absolutely, the question will he ever get one? It's pretty evident he will not, the fact is the RB position now in the NFL is probably the easiest one to plug and play paired with Rice's horrible performance the season before he got cut, makes it even harder for him to get picked up anywhere, NFL or CFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I thought I heard it on the radio about the time he said it was the worse year
    of his 14 years owning the team. Then he joked saying he was off suicide
    watch. He was still going to be the owner.

A friend emailed me and said did you hear Bisciotti almost sold the team and
    I said yea.

But now I can't find anything on it in writing and I'm waiting for my friend to send
    me a link so just forget it until I post a link but he was very depressed over
    all the bad press he was getting in the media after a squeaky clean career as owner
    of one of the best organizations in sports. Suddenly the entire world was on his
    head but I'm still looking for something in writing on it.

It was something I heard on radio while driving around but I can't find
    anything in writing and I got an email about it.

This is the closest I could find in writing from the Sun but then he makes a joke.

Bisciotti gave a wry smile when asked Monday about the prospect of being forced to sell. "That would be interesting," he said. "If they force me to sell, then I guess I'll sell. …
    I would not be surprised if some radio said this. They're no different than Smith who this thread is about. Radio, TV, print, it doesn't matter. You will always get guys who talk out of their asses and have no clue what's going on. I just can't see Bisciotti ever being forced to sell no matter the pressure. When he's 1000 years old and he's figuring out his estate situation, maybe. More likely though Bisiciotti is going to go the way of Bud Adams and Ralph Wilson and do everything possible to take the team with him when he goes.

Don't believe the BS from guys trying to get listeners. I've read your posts for years now and take your opinion on the Ravens a lot more seriously than guys like Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless or radio chump #1

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Rice as old as dirt for an NFL RB with a hx of injury, soft running, and domestic violence...he wont play anywhere ever again...hes old and slow
    You really embarrass yourself with some of your childish, factually limited, over-reaction type posts. Not a good look.