Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco and Marc Trestman off to a great start

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Kubiak is that way then I would expect huge issues with Manning. No QB is more in control of his offense than Peyton Manning.
    Which is why people questioned Elway's decision to bring in Kubiak.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Kubiak is that way then I would expect huge issues with Manning. No QB is more in control of his offense than Peyton Manning.
    Probably helps manning decide if 2015 is his last year. Especially if the SB eludes the broncos this year. Maybe 2015 both manning and brady hang it up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Truth be told it would not surprise me if Flacco was referencing Gary Kubiak in some way, because Kubiak is also a 'my way or the highway' type of guy who does not like his plays being changed. .

We saw why in NE. Joe said he changed the play on the last INT when they
    showed him a look when GB beat them with earlier but Joe couldn't get the ball
    to an open Torrey but truth be told, Joe didn't do much checking down til
    after the bye week. He got killed here in week 1 for not seeing the over loaded
    blitz coming but after the bye he started doing it and did well til the end.

But someone gave Joe the green light to check down.

I wonder what an article about Joe's and Cam's relationship would be called?

Kubiak is like Zorn but he can actually coach. He couldn't be more laid back in his approach.

When the Ravens offense plays good all thru the game, that's a major improvement over the last years.

"Lovefootball" nailed it - when the Ravens stack up consistently solid Offensives drives we are tough to beat - how many years have we watched a horribly inconsistent offense doom us or put all the pressure on the Defense - as a team we seem to have turned the corner into becoming a consistent offense which can keep the pressure on the opponent (New England game was a prime example - just needed a healthy DB or two)

One of the things that drives me crazy in watching the Ravens is to see them over and over again call running plays against stacked (in the box) defenses - only to go three and out - and then do it all over again the next time they get the ball. How many times have you seen the Ravens put themselves into a hole only to figure out (at some point) that we need to put the ball in Joe's hands in order to have him dig us out of that hole. He usually does.

Its when Joe starts playing wide open football that the field opens up and the running game kicks in.

Why can't the Ravens coaches figure that out. Are they not watching the same game that I am.

My hope for Trestman is that he comes out of the starting gate throwing - letting Joe loose - which will in the end open up the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    One of the things that drives me crazy in watching the Ravens is to see them over and over again call running plays against stacked (in the box) defenses - only to go three and out - and then do it all over again the next time they get the ball. How many times have you seen the Ravens put themselves into a hole only to figure out (at some point) that we need to put the ball in Joe's hands in order to have him dig us out of that hole. He usually does.

Its when Joe starts playing wide open football that the field opens up and the running game kicks in.

Why can't the Ravens coaches figure that out. Are they not watching the same game that I am.

My hope for Trestman is that he comes out of the starting gate throwing - letting Joe loose - which will in the end open up the running game.
    Then I think testmans your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    If you say so, SMH. The offense was better last year, but not by much compared to other years. The zbs was actually one reason last year, Oline finally figured it out. Year before, not so much. Forsett really helped too, many were surprised he did so well. Flacco taking less sacks and throwing less ints was a major factor.

The game plan for offense was still questionable,. that was kubiak's part. Game day threads showed many on RSR were still wondering what was going on with the offensive game plan . When the Ravens offense plays good all thru the game, that's a major improvement over the last years.

Bashing, not at all, just think kubiak was a hit and miss coach, his win/loss record proves it. Big games were a disaster for kubiak when he was with the Texans. He planned well against average teams, but lack vision on big games. Flacco was the reason for winning those close games, not kubiak. Hardly ever heard an announcer say kubiak's gameplan was masterful.
    It is what it is.
    Kubiak was the best OC we've ever had. Seriously changed the game for the Ravens and Flacco. He's not "Manning's problem now" as you say. Now that Peyton is battling noodle-arm Kubiak's system will help extend his career for as long as he's willing to play. Also, Forsett wsa good indeed, but he was good BECAUSE of Kubiak's ZBS. All Kubiak's running backs from Daved Terrel to Olandis Gary to Forsett have benefitted from his OL scheme. The man's a X/O genius.

Trestman is good too, but we'll need to see how good. Joe seems to like him, but he like Kubiak last year too. Both coaches have similar schemes and whatever success Trestman has this year will have to be creditted to Kubiak to some degree in "preppin" the offense for him.

I'm all for a balanced attack and hope that Trestman gives it to me.

That said, it's likely that at some point #5 is going to have three guys (on the field at the same time), maybe four guys (Senior, Perriman, Maxx and Waller) that can go get it. While there's a lot of development that the rookies have to take on, there's also evidence of each guy being very-well capable of using his full radius when necessary. I think Joe's efficiency numbers will up-tick nicely even with a similar number of attempts.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Kubiak is like Zorn but he can actually coach. He couldn't be more laid back in his approach.
    I always got the impression he was the most laid back coach I've ever seen (Kubiak)

Blog Entries

I think that ball control philosophy comes from Harbaugh.

He has always been a big proponent of controlling the clock and controlling the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.