Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Perriman - body size metrics

The thing about Perriman that doesn't show up in the standard combine metrics is his agility and how he moves like a small receiver. You rarely see guys his size with hips like his that allow him to cut and get to full speed in no time.

Torrey is fast in a straight line, but he has stiff hips unlike Perriman. Perriman can keep his speed out of cuts which makes him hard to cover and incredibly dangerous once the ball is in his hands. You can see that in his college tape. Once he catches the ball, he looks like a RB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I feel for you Bc, if she could only run that fast out of your house for good lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    It's even more impressive when you pause to consider she's run him out of his house that fast.
    When my wife puts supper on the table, we both stand clear so as not to be run over by a Mack truck. Once "she" smells the aroma wafting from the kitchen, it's like a herd of elephants stampeding. "Please leave us some chow" we implore the human Hoover vacuum. Afterwards, it takes six men (like pall bearers) to carry her over to the couch so she can watch some reality show on our HDTV. After she hibernates, digesting what a platoon of Marines would have devoured, she falls asleep... snoring like a sty full of hogs. Perhaps now you gentlemen get a more colorful picture of my dear female relative... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    hes like an inch taller than torrey and about 7lbs heavier. I dont get the hype that hes so much bigger. theyre practically identical body types and size.

torrey smith
    breshad perriman

whats scary is the comparables... a whos who of fast guys that ended up busts.

Wallers comparables on the other hand are probably what we should be talking about based on this thread title...

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4818/
    I keep hearing how players like Perriman end up as busts but I can't think of many like him who has recently.

His size speed measurables (>6'2, <4.4 speed)
    College production as a junior (>1000 yards, 9 TDs)
    No character or medical red flags.

I could be wrong but all of the recent busts (drafted in top 50) with his measurables either didn't have his college production (Stephen Hill, DHB & Troy Williamson) or had red flags (Jon Baldwin). The closest is Brian Quick who I think came from an FCS.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I keep hearing how players like Perriman end up as busts but I can't think of many like him who has recently.

His size speed measurables (>6'2, <4.4 speed)
    College production as a junior (>1000 yards, 9 TDs)
    No character or medical red flags.

I could be wrong but all of the recent busts (drafted in top 50) with his measurables either didn't have his college production (Stephen Hill, DHB & Troy Williamson) or had red flags (Jon Baldwin). The closest is Brian Quick who I think came from an FCS.
    I was talking about his comparable players from that website.

Troy Williamson
    Kevin White
    Mike Walker
    Cordarrelle Patterson
    Chad Jackson
    Andre Caldwell
    Will Franklin
    Bethel Johnson
    Devin Aromashodu
    Ken-Yon Rambo

not comparing them stylistically or even statistically. just saying, thats a bad list to be connected to imo, which his physical/athletic metrics apparently do.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    When my wife puts supper on the table, we both stand clear so as not to be run over by a Mack truck. Once "she" smells the aroma wafting from the kitchen, it's like a herd of elephants stampeding. "Please leave us some chow" we implore the human Hoover vacuum. Afterwards, it takes six men (like pall bearers) to carry her over to the couch so she can watch some reality show on our HDTV. After she hibernates, digesting what a platoon of Marines would have devoured, she falls asleep... snoring like a sty full of hogs. Perhaps now you gentlemen get a more colorful picture of my dear female relative... Bc
    Wow that's just sad, just keep hanging in there Bc maybe some rich naive guy will magically come by and take her off your hands.........you can dream right? LOL

Bc we all laugh at it, but seriously. It isnt really like that, right? This is all just kidding cause maybe you dont like her? Please please tell me almost all of this is a joke. Otherwise I cant imagine a man on this planet that would tolerate that shit. No freaking way. It would be cheaper and better for a mob hit to take her out. Shit during the riots you shouldve driven downtown and just pushedher out of the car and kept driving.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    To me Perriman "looks" bigger because he seems to "play" bigger. On video you see him going up and fighting for the ball, squeezing the life out of it as he fearlessly goes up high and pulls it in, seemingly unafraid of contact. Now, all the Torrey-bashing on this forum bothers me ,and the last thing I want to do is add to it. But winning aerial battles was not Torrey's forte - he wasn't as bad at it as a lot of people make it out to be; he went up and got plenty of passes, but speed was always his defining trait.

Torrey at the combine had a better vertical than Perriman's pro day, but Perriman might have a better "game" vertical. What I mean is -- and I think we all understand this, but -- standing still and jumping straight up is one thing, adjusting to a ball in the air while running and jumping while running, is totally another. It just looks like Perriman is a better on-field jumper than Torrey, and uses his upper body strength better. Perriman looks more "athletic" which I take is a catch-all term for a guy's combination of field awareness, coordination, and making good use all of his physical traits at the same time. Some guys can jump, but can't turn their bodies while they do it; some guys can do that but then they lose track of the ball; some guys track the ball but don't catch it, etc. The most athletic guy pulls off all those separate tasks simultaneously. So to me Perriman looks more athletic in that sense.

That said, his stature has yet to be measured against NFL players. We are comparing Perriman's college video to Torreys' NFL video, and that's not a fair comparison.
    I don't think it would be as bad but our last image of him was not great, though We never would have won Denver without the puncher's chance he gave us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensZ06 View Post
    Bc we all laugh at it, but seriously. It isnt really like that, right? This is all just kidding cause maybe you dont like her? Please please tell me almost all of this is a joke. Otherwise I cant imagine a man on this planet that would tolerate that shit. No freaking way. It would be cheaper and better for a mob hit to take her out. Shit during the riots you shouldve driven downtown and just pushedher out of the car and kept driving.
    Of course I exaggerate a bit, just to get some laughs. Truth be told though, she is a really reprehensible human being who I have no respect for, and she has no self-respect. She is extremely lucky because her sister, my dear wife, is the second coming of Mother Teresa. My wife promised their mother she would look out for her little (250 lb) sister. I don't think my wife expected such a destructive family member to be responsible for, but she is bound by her own conscience to carry out Ma's wishes. Unfortunately, I get caught up in the middle sometimes, and it is very unpleasant indeed :( ... Bc

Blog Entries

WOW! My sister-in-law runs a 2.23 forty too. Of course that's 2 minutes and 23 seconds... it's a lot faster if she's heading towards the all-you-can-eat buffet... Bc
    She sure as hell seems to have mastered the ability to leap on board a moving Gravy Train with a 200-odd-lb BiL wrapped around her little finger...:p
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    She sure as hell seems to have mastered the ability to leap on board a moving Gravy Train with a 200-odd-lb BiL wrapped around her little finger...:p
    LOL...you are correct, except that I'm down to 172 lbs... Bc

LOL...you are correct, except that I'm down to 172 lbs... Bc
    I understand your dilemma....my first rule is never mess with a woman who's shoulders are wider than yours......you are giving away a few too many pounds....

Something to consider: Just because the two have similar body height and weight does NOT mean they have the same body type. In fact they look nothing alike on the playing field. Perriman looks more like Julio Jones or AJ Green whereas Torrey looked like...........well, Torrey. Perriman is leaner than him and has the frame to add more bulk - not that he needs to. Torry's body is chiselled and kind of maxed out for the position.

Hands make a big difffernce too. Perriman's are almost an inc lonfer than Torrey's.

Torrey actuall has a 5/8" arm length advantage, but he was a habitual body catcher whereas Perriman routinely catches away from his frame. I was going to start a thread here about Perriman vs. Torrey but you can see their college game tapes side-by-side here: http://live4sportnetwork.com/forumli...ic.php?id=6456