Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Perriman - body size metrics

I realize that this is a small trifling little thread, but hey it's the off-season, so I guess there's a little room for topics of lesser content.

Anyway, is it just me, or does Perriman look bigger than the generally stated height, weight, span metrics. This would be opposite of the typical over inflation of said metrics by college coaches, agents and various other stake holders in that players success going forward. Generally speaking, guys are usually smaller than what is published, sometimes much smaller.

Since Brashad did not go to the combine where measurements seem to be taken with atomic precision devices down to the last nano gram - we didn't get that.

So there is my trifling sorry little thread: Breshad Perriman appears bigger than advertised bucking the typical experience. Or is it just me.
    I intentionally left out the numbers, Since we get our data from all sorts of different places. Perhaps I had been looking at the wrong sources.
    Last edited by alienstar; 05-20-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Re: Perriman - body size metrics

I dunno, there was a pic of him and Waller walking with Engram in TC on the Ravens site and Waller towered over them both lol.

I know Waller is going to be this years fad, like Camp before or Riley or ...... You get the idea but man he really has measurables that cant be understated. If Engram can get him up to speed the kid actually is gonna make it and be a damn good 2 in this league.

Man that big shouldn't be running 2.23 forties. That's circus sideshow shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Man that big shouldn't be running 2.23 forties. That's circus sideshow shit.
    WOW! My sister-in-law runs a 2.23 forty too. Of course that's 2 minutes and 23 seconds... it's a lot faster if she's heading towards the all-you-can-eat buffet... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    WOW! My sister-in-law runs a 2.23 forty too. Of course that's 2 minutes and 23 seconds... it's a lot faster if she's heading towards the all-you-can-eat buffet... Bc
    That, too, is some circus sideshow shit!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I feel for you Bc, if she could only run that fast out of your house for good lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I feel for you Bc, if she could only run that fast out of your house for good lol.
    It's even more impressive when you pause to consider she's run him out of his house that fast.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

hes like an inch taller than torrey and about 7lbs heavier. I dont get the hype that hes so much bigger. theyre practically identical body types and size.

torrey smith
    breshad perriman

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    whats scary is the comparables... a whos who of fast guys that ended up busts.

Wallers comparables on the other hand are probably what we should be talking about based on this thread title...

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4818/
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    hes like an inch taller than torrey and about 7lbs heavier. I dont get the hype that hes so much bigger. theyre practically identical body types and size.

torrey smith
    breshad perriman
    To me Perriman "looks" bigger because he seems to "play" bigger. On video you see him going up and fighting for the ball, squeezing the life out of it as he fearlessly goes up high and pulls it in, seemingly unafraid of contact. Now, all the Torrey-bashing on this forum bothers me ,and the last thing I want to do is add to it. But winning aerial battles was not Torrey's forte - he wasn't as bad at it as a lot of people make it out to be; he went up and got plenty of passes, but speed was always his defining trait.

Torrey at the combine had a better vertical than Perriman's pro day, but Perriman might have a better "game" vertical. What I mean is -- and I think we all understand this, but -- standing still and jumping straight up is one thing, adjusting to a ball in the air while running and jumping while running, is totally another. It just looks like Perriman is a better on-field jumper than Torrey, and uses his upper body strength better. Perriman looks more "athletic" which I take is a catch-all term for a guy's combination of field awareness, coordination, and making good use all of his physical traits at the same time. Some guys can jump, but can't turn their bodies while they do it; some guys can do that but then they lose track of the ball; some guys track the ball but don't catch it, etc. The most athletic guy pulls off all those separate tasks simultaneously. So to me Perriman looks more athletic in that sense.

That said, his stature has yet to be measured against NFL players. We are comparing Perriman's college video to Torreys' NFL video, and that's not a fair comparison.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    To me Perriman "looks" bigger because he seems to "play" bigger. On video you see him going up and fighting for the ball, squeezing the life out of it as he fearlessly goes up high and pulls it in, seemingly unafraid of contact.

Torrey at the combine has a better vertical than Perriman, but Perriman might have a better "game" vertical. What I mean is -- and I think we all understand this, but -- standing still and jumping straight up is one thing, adjusting to a ball in the air while running and jumping while running, is totally another. It just looks like Perriman is a better on-field jumper than Torrey, and uses his upper body strength better.

That said, his stature has yet to be measured against NFL players. We are comparing Perriman's college video to Torreys' NFL video, and that's not a fair comparison.
    Thats fine and id agree. I think thats a play style not a body metric though. He plays bigger. Hes about the exact same size.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

torrey smith
    breshad perriman

th

whats scary is the comparables... a whos who of fast guys that ended up busts.

Wallers comparables on the other hand are probably what we should be talking about based on this thread title...

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4818/
    The one area where Perriman is bigger is in the hands. Definitely like to see the bigger hands on a wr. Torrey's were a 8.5 compared to 9.25 for Perriman. Did a quick look over most of the wr prospects and anything under 9 is on the smaller side.

I think the other receiver why people get excited comparing Torrey and Perriman is that Perriman's 40 time was much faster. Slightly bigger with a much faster 40 time. It would have been nice if Perriman had been able to run at the combine. I would have been interested to see his 20 yd split and 3 cone times.