Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Steeler fans wanted Carl Davis thus adding to their draft frustations.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    You're Mike Preston?!!
    I will cut someone. :girlfight
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Ravens and Steelers have a very similar philosophy. Pretty much any player the Ravens draft is also thought of highly by the Steelers. Same thing with the Steelers picks. Many of those guys like Cam Heyward, Mike Adams and David DeCastro were rumored to be potential Ravens picks. Obviously the rankings are a little different which is why they take Shazier over Mosley at the same position but the thought process behind these is the same.
    If there's a difference in philosophy, it's that the Steelers seem to value raw speed a little higher than we do. Picks like Shazier and Golson, players who rate high in pure speed but are maybe a little undersized for their positions, tend to find their way to Pittsburgh.

Of course, our greatest player was fast but a little undersized for his position, so it's not a bad strategy overall.

Blog Entries

Like I always say, the drafts between these two clubs are like chess matches between
    two masters, although the Ravens have had better drafts lately and beat them 2 of 3
    last year including the wild card game up there and with a rookie TE who iced the game
    with a TD. Even their fans up there said Ravens got the upper hand in the draft and said
    imagine us starting an undrafted FA at OT in a PO game.

The Ravens liked Shaz but they just liked Mosley more and we saw why. He made a greater impact in our two wins vs them and just missed DROY after winning awards and making
    the pro bowl. They just wanted Shaz and Oz just wanted Mosley but we'd get Reed and they'd get TP. We'd get Suggs and they'd get Woodley. We drafted Ngata and they signed Harrison. They got Jen and we finally got Flacco after missing with Boller.

The real differences were in their ability to draft WRs while Ravens couldn't but Ozzie signed enough like Mason and Boldin to win just like they signed Harrison to win and just like
    Ozzie signed an undrafted OT for the wild card game..

Ravens won same amount of SBs as them since 2000. Both are consistent PO teams.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-19-2015 at 04:27 PM.