Boller 05 171 293 58.4 1799 11 12 71.7
    Wrght 05 164 266 61.7 1582 6 9 71.7
    McN 06 93 165 56.4 911 5 6 67.0

(excludes brief starters)

Improvement? Draw your own conclusions!

:T2:

Re: Stat comparison of Ravens starting QBs

(excludes brief starters)
    Come on are you kidding me. Mcnairs start hasn't been brief?

You can't draw a conclusion after 5 games when you been telling everyone to give Boller 3 years to develop but lets keep in mind out of the 5 brief games 4 of them were won and he was a major reason why we pulled some out. For gods sakes lets give mcnair at least 8 games or god forbid a full season before we compare him to the flakes that have been at the helm in Baltimore.

Can he improve ? --absoulutely. Do we take him out to the shed? Hell No

you been telling everyone to give Boller 3 years to develop
    Moi? Someone else.

I was one of the first to scream about starting Boller as a rookie, and every season have been hoping for a decent (affordable) vet to come in to help bring Boller along while learning from the bench and in mop up duty. Plummer, Griese, Brunell, Delhomme - hell, I even would have brought in Charlie Batch! :grbac: I thought that Boller was finally starting to turn the corner late last season, and had been hoping for an affordable vet upgrade over Anthony Wright plus investing in the O-line, when Oz instead dropped the $33 million bomb, to kill our cap the next several seasons.

btw: if you want to include the Water Buffalo, Stoney Case, Eric Zeir, Randall Cunningham etc. in the above stats, go ahead - I got tired of looking. It doesn't change McNair's performance.

I have to ask this Crazy. We're 4-1, and that can certainly make you forget bad QB play. I actually understand that. But I am wondering if the fact that statistically, which stats are always a favorite of those that didn't like Boller, this offense is playing ALMOST IDENTICAL under an 11 year former MVP and Super Bowl QB as it did last year under the viled and can't-do-anything-right-in-people's-eyes Kyle Boller bothers you at all.

In fact, for all the people last year that said "Oh yeah, Steve McNair would have won that game in Denver last year", do you still think that? My goodness at least Boller thew a touchdown late in that game and TRIED to get the team back in it. He sucked ass in the game, but looking at the numbers, he had a better game than McNair did.

Think about it, we're still, after ANOTHER change at QB with someone we were promised would change the entire dynamic of the offense, ranked 29th in offense. McNair's rating is 67. And on top of that he hasn't even thrown a touchdown pass to a WR yet, and for that matter has more INT's than TD's. You know it's bad when even Mike Preston, who I can't stand, says in his report card he comes to EXPECT McNair to be, and I quote, "erratic and inaccurate most of the game -- and downright lucky that some passes don't get intercepted." Rick Maese is already calling for his head. As much as Terry and Drew hate Boller even this morning THEY were laughing about Boller sitting on the bench going "Naaa, go ahead Steve, you got this. Now you know what my life has been like for 3 years" (I'm paraphrasing Drew).

For all you hated about Boller, and for that people made Kyle Boller the focus point of the offensive woes of the team, for the offense to have gotten NO better with McNair, doesn't that bother you just a little?

Just a little?????

the offense to have gotten NO better with McNair, doesn't that bother you just a little?
    It bothers me. I am not blaming the QB for it though. Baltimore seems to be the place where QBs come to die, and Brian Billick is the executioner.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Come on are you kidding me. Mcnairs start hasn't been brief?
    He has 5 starts, Redman had 6. Redman had little to no experience and had a worse targets but a better running game. One thing Redman could do, throw the alley oop. And Redman's rating was 76.1, while McNair's is 67.0.

Maybe we should get redman in here to show Mcnair and boller a thing or two. i mean why should we praise Mcnairs come from behind victories when we could knock him for not throwing a perfected Chris redman ally oop pass. heck maybe boller could learn too....oh wait they were actually teammates for a season. My bad.

I know things are slow moving right now. However i do have faith that things will change and move forward. The Ravens have played some tough defenses but still have held there own against them.

Even if the stats are dead even, are you telling me you'd start boller over Mcnair? Or even the highly sort after Chris redman?

Please...

I'll take mac and a 4-1 start, thank you very much

It bothers me. I am not blaming the QB for it though.
    Neither am I, but you see the same offense.

i mean why should we praise Mcnairs come from behind victories when we could knock him for not throwing a perfected Chris redman ally oop pass.
    Because 1) one of those come from behind victories doesn't belong to McNair, it belongs to Stover. Especially after McNair couldn't complete two passes in a row to get Stover inside 54 yards with a strong wind. 67 QB rating Crazy. More INT's than TD's. All of a sudden that doesn't matter because we're 4-1?

You can make all the sarcastic Redman comments you want, but that doesn't change the fact that this offense, which we were PROMISED would be drastically better with McNair because Kyle Boller was THE problem, isn't. And if you think we're going to the playoffs with no running game and no passing game, then by all means enjoy 4-1 right now.

I'll take mac and a 4-1 start, thank you very much
    I'll take mac and an offense than you. Hell, Boller could put up a 67 rating and be 4-1 the way this offense has played. But again, no need to be concerned right?

I used Redman for one reason, his playing time with the offense was comparable. I could also point out the Redman played against TB and Carolina, two top defenses at the time, and a few other tough ones as well.

Obviously I am not advocating bringing Redman in, I am just pointing out the "he hasn't had time to get comfortable" take holds no water. Redman, with worse targets to throw to and a shitload less experience and comparable time frame under center out-performed McNair to this point. That concerns me.

You can whistle past the offensive graveyard if you wish, the rest of us are concerned that we were correct, Boller wasn't responsible for all of our offensive woes. I think that is DAMN OBVIOUS.

There is a positive side to this, Boller might be a good QB. His experience in this offense, despite the 3 years (33 starts, IIRC) be damned. The Redman comparison I think dismisses the McNair defense regarding playing time. Is it scheme, the OL (which pass blocked Monday about as well as they have since last year during Boller's 2 game surge), or what?

Let me put it this way, if you say it isn't McNair right now then you can't say it was Boller before.

I used Redman for one reason, his playing time with the offense was comparable. I could also point out the Redman played against TB and Carolina, two top defenses at the time, and a few other tough ones as well
    IIRC Redman was still a 3 year veteran when he got his chance and started out 0-2 against the defenses you mention. Its not like he came out of the blue and was new to the Scheme. Has Mcnair even been a ravens for 6months? I dont even think its even close to 5 months. All the Qbs mentioned in Ts orginal post had at least a mini camp under there belt as well. Arent we being a little hasty on breaking Mcnairs balls?

I keep hearing that a promise was made for a better offense by the ravens but i dont remember anyone saying anything of the kind. What was said was that we could score more points and keep our defense on the sidelines,aside from mondays game, they have kept the promise. Also What was said was that Mcnair could provide leadership at the position which it was lacking. We can all agree that Kyle was not respected the way Mcnair is. Again Promise delivered.

It's the price tag of mcnair that is bothering the most critical critics of mcnair...I urge you to look past the price until the year is over or at least till the 5 month mark hits (Nov 8th)

IIRC Redman was still a 3 year veteran when he got his chance and started out 0-2 against the defenses you mention.
    And looked horrible in doing so. And even with those 2 putrid performances he has out-statted McNair.

Redman read a playbook for 2 years and got to start his 3rd. Is 2 years reading a playbook worth more than 10 years of actual playing time? I would rather have the 10 years of playing time.

I keep hearing that a promise was made for a better offense by the ravens but i dont remember anyone saying anything of the kind. What was said was that we could score more points and keep our defense on the sidelines,aside from mondays game, they have kept the promise. Also What was said was that Mcnair could provide leadership at the position which it was lacking. We can all agree that Kyle was not respected the way Mcnair is. Again Promise delivered.
    You are correct, the Ravens said nothing in regard to more points, etc. The posters here (and on the other board) certainly said it.

McNair HAS more respect, right now. So did Boller, for quite a while. We'll see how long he keeps that respect if things continue as they are.

As for keeping the defense off the field, I would be curious to see the stats for average time of possession for Boller and McNair. You posted it as fact but I suspect it may not be, or isn't dramatic in any case.

Arent we being a little hasty on breaking Mcnairs balls?
    Not really. We are facing a tortuous schedule with a 67-rated, weak-armed QB who appears to decline more each game. Tony Banks was lifted after 8 games (including the Jax 39 point miracle) and we subsequently went to the Super Bowl. Today's 4-1 could turn to 4-4 very quickly without an offense, facing the Panthers, Saints, and Bengals. I don't want to wait to see changes made in the 8th game again to see this season turn to crap due to the lack of an offense.

I keep hearing that a promise was made for a better offense by the ravens but i dont remember anyone saying anything of the kind.
    Does 24 points per game ring any bells?

It's the price tag of mcnair that is bothering the most critical critics of mcnair...I urge you to look past the price until the year is over
    On the price tag: how many out there today truly believe that McNair is performing at a level commensurate with the $$$ that's been thrown at him? The money is not this year's issue, but what we will have to work with in 2007/2008 when the cap impact of McNair's deal becomes greater. I sure want to see Adalius Thomas, Suggs, and a few others kept on the roster in future seasons.

As to waiting until the year is over: Given the ages of Ogden and Lewis, this may be the last year to make a serious run for awhile. I don't want to spend the offseason asking ourselves where things went wrong, when the answer, at least through game 5, is pretty obvious.