Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Pats going after season ticket holders who sell on StubHub

For one its very easy to circumvent things on ebay, If you sell, only list section and row number. Then the pats or whoever cant tell who it is selling. Im sure stubhub could say that info is private information and we cant give out who is selling the tickets.

Also yes it sucks to pay $400 for a $100 ticket to see the ravens v patriots game...BUT thats what the market asks for. If you want, buy psl's and get tickets yourself. When the team is doing good, prices go high, tickets are sold out, and people who cant get tickets complain. You see people complainig about the orioles tickets on ebay?? nope...

Its like selling your vintage car for book value even though the demand says you can get alot more for it, you sell for what people pay for it. If i put 2 hannah montana tickets on ebay right now for $10 the price would skyrocket up to $200+, is that the fault of the seller?

p.s. yes city scalping code is within 1 mile for the stadium its illegal, otherwise its fine.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Pats going after season ticket holders who sell on StubHub

Of course, the libertarians out there are about to reply about how good markets are, . . .
    As a Libertarian I can tell you I love free markets. Brokers cornering blocks of tickets and then selling them to the highest bidder is NOT a free market. It shouldn't be illegal but the people who sell the original tickets have an obligation to try and make sure the tickets go to fans and not brokers who then exploit a semi-monopoly they have.

3. Re: Pats going after season ticket holders who sell on StubHub

It doesnt matter if none of the tickets are sold to ticket brokers or not, the market will bear the price. There are 70,000 seats in m&t. 65,000 (estimate) are psl holders, leaving 5000 for the public sale. So even if none of them went to ticket brokers, you still have WAY too many fans that want tickets then that are available. Its just the way it is, stadiums cant sell more seats they dont have. Same with tickle me elmo's, playstation 3's, google stock at $99 3 years ago (now selling for $600+, early bird gets the worm.

Orioles tickets are easy to come buy now (unlike 10 yrs ago), go ahead and get 2 lower box seats for the orioles now, and in a few years when they are good again (HAHAHAHA) youll too can rake in the profits.

When the ravens went 6-10 a few years ago you couldnt give tickets away thier last few home games.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    p.s. yes city scalping code is within 1 mile for the stadium its illegal, otherwise its fine.
    Noted .... but I dont think its enforced. Cross the Ostend Street bridge at anytime before the game and anyone can get a legit ticket -- I used to do it before I was a PSL owner.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    For one its very easy to circumvent things on ebay, If you sell, only list section and row number. Then the pats or whoever cant tell who it is selling. Im sure stubhub could say that info is private information and we cant give out who is selling the tickets.
    See, that's what doesn't make sense. The whole idea is that you force the ticket sellers to put down the section, row, and exact seat in order to allow the auction. It's really not hard at all. Then all that needs to be done is have a list from whatever venue to say "no, these cannot be sold" and then you simply can't post the auction. Then no ticket auction without that information is permitted and you've basically got it all locked up.

Then you'll get people trying to get around that by selling some random print out of a picture and say that the price includes tickets. All you gotta do then is say in the auction site that violates the user agreement and that violation allows them to ban/fine, whatever.

Long story short, there are less invasive ways to fix this "problem" if it's really a problem at all. Maybe the Pats need to raise ticket prices to fix the problem and prevent scalping.

6. Re: Pats going after season ticket holders who sell on StubHub

You ever see the Patriots ticket prices?? cheapest seat in the house is upper deck $59, lower level seats are $125 along the sidelines, and $89 endzones. They arent losing any money, they are all solf out, fans have got their money worth out of the teams they have had the past 6-7 years.

Sounds like the pats want to control all aspects of tickets, and resales and get even more money, otherwise why do it? they already made their money, every game is sold out.