Page 3 of 278 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Count me in as a Carter fan. Dude has incredibly quick feet.

Reminds me some of Andrew Hawkins.

I also hope my boy Andre Monroe gets a shot at getting signed and coming in for training camp. Undersized, but he was a heck of a disrupter at MD and it's all time sack leader playing DT.
    Hawkins is a good comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't think the Ravens are wed to anyone beyond Perriman and Smith. I would think Campanaro is relatively safe, being a draft pick of whom they speak highly. Marlon Brown and Kamar Aiken are essentially journeyman-type UDFAs, so even though they have some experience under their belts, that isn't going to take them far. It's a new OC in Trestman, so he has no history with those guys. If Waller and Carter prove themselves to be better, they will be on the final 53. I don't think the Ravens keep more than six WRs. Carter's advantage, everything else being equal, is that he can return kicks; I also read somewhere that he is a heck of a gunner.
    I disagree with you on Marlon. He has the second most receptions out of anyone on the team. I think that if Camp can't stay healthy or that if his returns aren't anything special, he could lose the job to Carter.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I disagree with you on Marlon. He has the second most receptions out of anyone on the team. I think that if Camp can't stay healthy or that if his returns aren't anything special, he could lose the job to Carter.
    If Carter proves to be an effective returner he could make the team - but not at the expense of Camp or Waller. The Ravens didn't give Waller a $111K signing bonus to cut him at the end of training camp. It would have to be an exceptional set of circumstances for the Ravens to do that.

If the Ravens keep only three tight ends (the Heap brothers) I can see the Ravens keeping SSS, Camp, Marlon, Aiken, Perriman and Waller - along with someone like Carter for kick returns.

That would be a total of 10. The total becomes 12 with 2 quarterbacks. It becomes 16 with four running backs (Forsett, Tali, Allen, and Juice. That leaves 9 for the O line. That totals 25 on offense. The complication comes in if "Heap Sr." does in fact come back - but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I'm not dogging on Marlon; I like the guy and think he's a pretty decent receiver. However, two-thirds of his career receptions came two years ago when the Ravens had traded away Boldin and lost Pitta for the season. There weren't a lot of options for Joe to throw the ball to. His receptions were cut in half this past year and he was more often than not an after-thought in the offense. Add that to two big-bodied draft picks, a healthier Campanaro, the rise of Aiken, and the need for a kick returner, and Brown's spot is no guarantee.

Blog Entries

This Ravens report mentions Carter as somebody to watch. He could be Ozzie's latest undrafted find.

Perriman took a pass on a crossing pattern and out-ran everyone to the
    end zone. OK, OK it wasn't a SB defense with Revis out there but he comes
    as advertised ie, with speed at least vs the lowest levels and he has only
    dropped 1 pass.

LOL - I though Nick would be on the practice squad coming from whittle
    bitty Delaware after the Gino disaster but he has been the most impressive
    player in camp. He might be the best blocking TE
    we have and he can catch but could likely be the 2d TE on the 2 TE sets
    Ravens liked to use last year.

Maxx is turning out how I posted before the draft finding the dead spots
    and being a big target in the red zone.

DARB's Waller towers over everyone and could be the sleeper of the draft.

HARBs really liked Wilson the DB that broke his leg falling backwards. Damn
    shame.

From the Ravens:

- First-round pick Breshad Perriman attracted most of the attention, and he had a strong showing in his second NFL practice. His speed was evident and he showed quickness off the line to gain separation from cornerbacks. During full team drills, Perriman caught a crossing route over the middle and then ran by the entire secondary into the end zone. Perriman’s hands have been the biggest question since the Ravens drafted him, but he only dropped one pass all day.

- The biggest disappointment of the weekend was that undrafted cornerback Oklahoma Julian Wilson suffered a season-ending injury in Friday’s practice when he broke his lower leg after falling awkwardly while defending a passing route, Harbaugh said. “He has a lot of potential as a player, so I was disappointed,” Harbaugh said.

- Sixth-round wide receiver Darren Waller towers over his teammates. The 6-foot-6, 240-pound target has the size to be an ideal red-zone threat, and he’s one of the team’s most intriguing prospects. Wide Receivers Coach Bobby Engram spent a good portion of practice working with Waller on some specifics of his route running and technique.

- Tight end Maxx Williams had a strong practice and showed an ability to get open in the middle of the defense. He has a knack for finding the soft spots of the defense to move the chains and keep drives alive.

- Tight end Nick Boyle, a fifth-round pick out of Delaware, was one of the most impressive players of the day. The 270-pound tight end has a huge catch radius and is also physical as a blocker. He could end up being an important player for Baltimore in double tight end sets.

- Undrafted rookie receiver DeAndre Carter from Sacramento State is somebody to watch. He’s just 5-foot-8, but he has great speed and was highly productive in college. He can work the slot and is also in the mix as a returner.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-10-2015 at 06:34 AM.

6. Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

Damn man, I pray for these guys. Another casualty from Denver. Jeff Heuerman suffers torn ACL and is out for the season. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    If Carter proves to be an effective returner he could make the team - but not at the expense of Camp or Waller. The Ravens didn't give Waller a $111K signing bonus to cut him at the end of training camp. It would have to be an exceptional set of circumstances for the Ravens to do that.

If the Ravens keep only three tight ends (the Heap brothers) I can see the Ravens keeping SSS, Camp, Marlon, Aiken, Perriman and Waller - along with someone like Carter for kick returns.

That would be a total of 10. The total becomes 12 with 2 quarterbacks. It becomes 16 with four running backs (Forsett, Tali, Allen, and Juice. That leaves 9 for the O line. That totals 25 on offense. The complication comes in if "Heap Sr." does in fact come back - but that's another story.
    The problem with Camp and Carter is that they have identical skill sets. The Ravens could keep both, but it seems a little excessive and they might have to do it at another's expense.

But I agree with you on Waller. He's got measurables everyone wants and would not last on the PS. A mysterious placement on IR is the worst thing that happens to him.
    Joe Flacco

When is the trade coming - we have loads of WRs and TEs. If the Ravens feel Waller can become an ideal red zone threat then we should deal Marlon. Sooner rather than later, so we are not on the verge of having to just cut him. Kubiak needs a TE, trade him any Heap bro except Maxx, I say. Drive a good deal.

If we can't get a CB, at least we can improve our picks for 2016.

9. Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    When is the trade coming - we have loads of WRs and TEs. If the Ravens feel Waller can become an ideal red zone threat then we should deal Marlon. Sooner rather than later, so we are not on the verge of having to just cut him. Kubiak needs a TE, trade him any Heap bro except Maxx, I say. Drive a good deal.

Absolutely NOT. Don't trade him Gilmore, or Boyle. Let them find their own way to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post

The Ravens aren't getting any corners for a WR with 7 TDs, a TE with 2 TDs, and a TE who hasn't caught a single pass. The best they can get is a 7th rounder.
    Joe Flacco

The mantra here would be, look to improve the team and drive a good deal. As it stands now, we are going to be saying goodbye to some good/promising players in August.

Hoping Ravens training staff takes into consideration all the injuries last year and comes up with programs to at least, minimize injuries this year. Worst news ever is to hear some one got hurt badly in OTA's and is out for the season already.