Page 131 of 278 FirstFirst ... 129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,572 of 3334

Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    This is really good news about Perrimans development
    One of the knocks on him was that he was tight in the hips thereby affecting his ability to get in and out of breaks. He seems to be a quick learner.
    What I saw on tape was that he was fluid in the hips.......and that is echoed in these two scouting reports:

"Still, he does have the loose hips to change direction and the weave to slip and avoid underneath tackles. When used underneath, he is capable of making better cuts than he does on deep routes. He has quick feet in transition, but just a modest burst to separate. He has more success getting open when he weaves and leverages to move defenders and create space. He is more effective on quick slants and bubble screens due to his long reach."

"After the catch he is like a running back with the ball. He has a quick burst to pull away and also has the loose hips, quick feet and run instincts to make defenders miss in space. He is powerful and almost like a running back in space once he gets the ball in his hands."
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Rookie duty for Darren Waller LOL:

Purple Reign ‏@PurpleReignShow 4h4 hours ago
    HEY ROOKIE! Here's @WallerXII carrying @89SteveSmith pads after today's morning practice. Photo courtesy @wheelsee

CLLGEBMXAAANQ4t.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    What I saw on tape was that he was fluid in the hips.......and that is echoed in these two scouting reports:

"Still, he does have the loose hips to change direction and the weave to slip and avoid underneath tackles. When used underneath, he is capable of making better cuts than he does on deep routes. He has quick feet in transition, but just a modest burst to separate. He has more success getting open when he weaves and leverages to move defenders and create space. He is more effective on quick slants and bubble screens due to his long reach."

"After the catch he is like a running back with the ball. He has a quick burst to pull away and also has the loose hips, quick feet and run instincts to make defenders miss in space. He is powerful and almost like a running back in space once he gets the ball in his hands."
    I believe he naturally has loose hips but (probably due to technique) some hip tightness was a concern:

Daniel Jeremiah

That's way too high for a player who drops a ton of balls, has hip tightness and doesn't play nearly as fast as he was timed. Perriman has value as a developmental deep threat, but I'd feel much more comfortable selecting him at the top of the second round than the top half of the first.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...301009311.html

"Totally different from his dad," one scout said. "His dad was really quick. This guy is bigger. You don't see the speed he ran. This guy doesn't run routes. He has a rough time against press because he's not quick and he's tight. I see a straight-line speed guy."
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 07-30-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Read Brian Bower's article http://russellstreetreport.com/2015/...efensive-line/

And have some questions, that I'm asking here because that section of RSR seems not to be for discussions.

Not picking on or fault finding, just some phrasings I can't really picture what happened

1-
    leaving him well behind after adjusting to the under-thrown ball
    I can't visualize it.... an under thrown ball to me means the receiver has to come back for it ... if I left you behind before the underthrow, I'm coming back toward you.... This is Asa and SSSr , I know SSSr is crafty but was Asa out of position or did Steve do something to cause it ....

2-
    Allen made big gains despite the Ravens not being in pads
    It seems to me that someone making big gains despite BEING in pads makes more logical sense that someone making big gains despite NOT BEING in pads
    I logically would expect lesser gains when full contact can happen and bigger gains when contact is limited unless we are playing some form of shake and bake flag football .... what am I missing here?

3-
    Several players including Michael Campanaro, Asa Jackson, DeAndre Carter along with Steve Smith Sr. all fielded punts today.
    I would have expected to have heard Tom Nelson mentioned.... Is Nelson suited up? awaiting physical? in town yet? I don't know how fast these things happen but expected to see some other names also. Anyone know if others were there?

4-
    Punter Sam Koch was booming today. Koch, who recently signed a five-year contract extension with the Ravens, placed numerous kicks inside the 10-yard line. Kicker Justin Tucker was Mr. Automatic on his field goal attempts.
    Did Justin Manton do anything? does he look like he could be a possibility in case of an injury? or is he strictly a camp body and we will FA somebody if the need arises?
    Was curious because he can do both as to which he would do (or both) ... I know probably a camp body but want to start hearing if he has the potential to be a PS reserve (or an at home reserve)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Read Brian Bower's article http://russellstreetreport.com/2015/...efensive-line/

And have some questions, that I'm asking here because that section of RSR seems not to be for discussions.

Not picking on or fault finding, just some phrasings I can't really picture what happened

1- I can't visualize it.... an under thrown ball to me means the receiver has to come back for it ... if I left you behind before the underthrow, I'm coming back toward you.... This is Asa and SSSr , I know SSSr is crafty but was Asa out of position or did Steve do something to cause it ....

2-
    It seems to me that someone making big gains despite BEING in pads makes more logical sense that someone making big gains despite NOT BEING in pads
    I logically would expect lesser gains when full contact can happen and bigger gains when contact is limited unless we are playing some form of shake and bake flag football .... what am I missing here?

3- I would have expected to have heard Tom Nelson mentioned.... Is Nelson suited up? awaiting physical? in town yet? I don't know how fast these things happen but expected to see some other names also. Anyone know if others were there?

4-
    Did Justin Manton do anything? does he look like he could be a possibility in case of an injury? or is he strictly a camp body and we will FA somebody if the need arises?
    Was curious because he can do both as to which he would do (or both) ... I know probably a camp body but want to start hearing if he has the potential to be a PS reserve (or an at home reserve)

Nelson was also catching punts and looked pretty smooth catching the ball (as a WR as well).

Manton was there and kicked pretty well, but you can definitely see the miles of different between Koch/Tucker and Manton. Looked better punting. Was accurate as a PK, but very line-drive kicks.

Might be a guy to develop, but if there's an injury, I'd think they'd look to a vet first.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 07-30-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Some nice thoughts from Peter King:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/07/27/n...camp-tour-blog
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

1- I can't visualize it.... an under thrown ball to me means the receiver has to come back for it ... if I left you behind before the underthrow, I'm coming back toward you.... This is Asa and SSSr , I know SSSr is crafty but was Asa out of position or did Steve do something to cause it ....

2-

3- I would have expected to have heard Tom Nelson mentioned.... Is Nelson suited up? awaiting physical? in town yet? I don't know how fast these things happen but expected to see some other names also. Anyone know if others were there?

4-
    1)
    Probably Asa being slipping or something.

2) It's probably easier to touch someone down than it is to tackle them. So someone being elusive enough to avoid that is impressive.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Perriman looked absolutely nasty burning Elam for a TD. Flacco is going to have fun throwing to this kid.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...3&media-type=V
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 07-30-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Perriman looked absolutely nasty burning Elam for a TD. Flacco is going to have fun throwing to this kid.

Jesus, Perriman gets to top speed quickly and makes it look easy. He glides.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Some nice thoughts from Peter King:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/07/27/n...camp-tour-blog
    thanks Brian.

4. Owner Steve Bisciotti did not prod, urge, call, suggest to or beg commissioner Roger Goodell to go tough on the New England Patriots or quarterback Tom Brady. Non-story. Take my word for it. Also, understand that Bisciotti is one of the least-involved NFL owners in the league. He doesn’t get tied up much in league issues, hasn’t attended many league meetings in recent years and rarely talks to Goodell. I don't think many, if any, owners called Goodell with get-tough suggestions on the Brady case. Bisciotti certainly did not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

This may be one completion in off coverage against a Safety, but this play showed one thing we've yet to see from Torrey Smith to this day. Perriman actually drags/taps his toes to remain in bounds while bringing in the catch. Just one example of how he is farther along as a rookie than Torrey was.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore