Page 1 of 278 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 3334
  1. #1

    MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates



    Figured I create a thread for any and all info on Training Camp.

    Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider
    Ravens coach John Harbaugh was complimentary of undrafted wide receiver DeAndre Carter (Sacramento State)
    Carter is my guy

    Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider
    Andre Monroe on his minicamp tryout with Ravens: 'It went well. Hopefully, it works out.'
    Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider
    James Madison wide receiver Daniel Brown caught the football well during his Ravens minicamp tryout, ran solid routes





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    43,049
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Brown is a big mofo. He's like 6'4" 220 or something.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,269
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Carter is my dark horse





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Scaggsville, MD
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Carter is my dark horse
    Unless we lose a WR to injury (or "injury" if Darren Waller winds up needing a year to develop), I think it's going to be tough for the UDFAs to crack the top six. Perriman and Senior are locked in, and Aiken/Brown/Camp have some experience under their belts to offset the fact that we're probably lining up Perriman as a starter from day 1.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,490

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Unless we lose a WR to injury (or "injury" if Darren Waller winds up needing a year to develop), I think it's going to be tough for the UDFAs to crack the top six. Perriman and Senior are locked in, and Aiken/Brown/Camp have some experience under their belts to offset the fact that we're probably lining up Perriman as a starter from day 1.
    Should have a solid IR/PS group though, which is great news with SSSR liklely gone next year
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  6. Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Unless we lose a WR to injury (or "injury" if Darren Waller winds up needing a year to develop), I think it's going to be tough for the UDFAs to crack the top six. Perriman and Senior are locked in, and Aiken/Brown/Camp have some experience under their belts to offset the fact that we're probably lining up Perriman as a starter from day 1.
    Carter has good kick return (special teams) ability though so I think he can make it.





  7. #7

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Count me in as a Carter fan. Dude has incredibly quick feet.

    Reminds me some of Andrew Hawkins.

    I also hope my boy Andre Monroe gets a shot at getting signed and coming in for training camp. Undersized, but he was a heck of a disrupter at MD and it's all time sack leader playing DT.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  8. #8

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    BR.com Observations

    First-round pick Breshad Perriman attracted most of the attention, and he had a strong showing in his second NFL practice. His speed was evident and he showed quickness off the line to gain separation from cornerbacks. During full team drills, Perriman caught a crossing route over the middle and then ran by the entire secondary into the end zone. Perriman’s hands have been the biggest question since the Ravens drafted him, but he only dropped one pass all day.

    Undrafted rookie receiver DeAndre Carter from Sacramento State is somebody to watch. He’s just 5-foot-8, but he has great speed and was highly productive in college. He can work the slot and is also in the mix as a returner.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Scaggsville, MD
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Carter has good kick return (special teams) ability though so I think he can make it.
    Yeah, that's the best chance for him then. But we're not carrying seven WRs, so he's going to have to beat out one of the four vets or hope Waller winds up on the PS or IR.

    If Waller shows any sort of potential for contributing this year, he might make Marlon Brown expendable, freeing up a spot for Carter. Otherwise... he'll have to go through Campanaro.





  10. #10

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    My guess for the receivers this year is (6): SSS, Camp, Aiken, Perriman, Waller & THE SIXTH GUY (could be Marlon Brown, Carter or someone else).

    Its helpful to remember that the Ravens VERY RARELY cut current year draftees (to whom they've paid a considerable amount of money in the form of a signing bonus). So unless Waller stinks to high heaven (and my guess is that he won't) he will make the final 53.

    The thing that complicates the Ravens keeping 6 receivers is Heap. If Heap really, really is OK and IS going to make the team this year the Ravens are going to be forced into keeping 4 tight ends, I think it is going to be tough to keep 4 tight ends and 6 receivers





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,101

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    My guess for the receivers this year is (6): SSS, Camp, Aiken, Perriman, Waller & THE SIXTH GUY (could be Marlon Brown, Carter or someone else).

    Its helpful to remember that the Ravens VERY RARELY cut current year draftees (to whom they've paid a considerable amount of money in the form of a signing bonus). So unless Waller stinks to high heaven (and my guess is that he won't) he will make the final 53.

    The thing that complicates the Ravens keeping 6 receivers is Heap. If Heap really, really is OK and IS going to make the team this year the Ravens are going to be forced into keeping 4 tight ends, I think it is going to be tough to keep 4 tight ends and 6 receivers
    You do know that Heap is no longer on the team right? Hasn't been since 2011....

    Yes, I know you mean Pitta :p





  12. #12

    Re: MiniCamp, OTA's, Training Camp Updates

    Jeff Zrebiec mentioned him too

    Ravens undrafted rookie wide receiver DeAndre Carter had a solid practice Saturday, catching several passes and displaying a quick burst off the line of scrimmage.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland