Starting QBs we've faced so far...

I was listening to the "Ray Lewis Show" on Monday night and the un-informed Anita Marks brought up a comment that the Ravens have only faced ONE starting Quarter Back this seasons. She says that it was Carson Palmer in week one and I'll give her that one but I think she missed two others. Last time I checked we did face Matt Lineart in the Arizona game. Yes he didn't play the whole game but he did start and was pulled for the trick play known as Kurt Warner and the hurry up offense.

And when we played the Browns we lost to Derrick Anderson who last time I checked was the starter for the Browns. When Fry was booted in the middle of thier first game and then traded the next day this makes Derrick Anderson the starter. Again, last time I checked the Browns depth chart it shows Anderson #1 and Quinn #2...no one ahead of Anderson.

Out of the first six games we've faced 3 startes and 3 backups that have started the game. This weekend will be another backup QB for us to face.

After the Bye-Week we'll be facing Rothlisburger, Palmer, Anderson, Rivers, Brady, P. Manning in what will be some very fast paced games by offenses that move the ball downfiled and score within the 20. I hope the Bye-Week helps with the injuries for the Ravens and helps with the winning durring what will be a very tough stretch of games.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Re: Starting QBs we've faced so far...

Was this just a random observation or was she actually driving at something here?

We've faced Palmer, Leinart and Anderson who are the starters for their respective teams and then we've faced Clemens, Dilfer and Frerote (sp.) who are backups. Well we beat all three backups, the one QB by committee we've faced and then lost to two of the starters.

Everyone knew that the opening 7 games of our schedule were weak, I fail to see what she's driving at other than a random observation?

Good god. Was this in the same week they gazed into the crystal ball and diagnosed CMac's knee injury days before anyone else?

How some of you listen to her show is beyond me.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Uk, she was driving at a point in trying to say that we only faced one starter and all backups.

Festivus, I can't stand her or her show but I do flip over to hear what garbage she is spewing when WNST is on commercial break durring my five minute drive home from the Metro Station. I really only listen to the Ray Lewis show on Mondays and she, unfortunetly for everyone, is the "co-host" of the show. And then the Baltimroe Game Day broadcast where again, she is unfortunetly part of the post game show.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

:) I saw you weren't referring to her show. But she *has* one, perhaps she has compromising photos of 1300 management and blackmails them, and some people listen to it.
    :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    Uk, she was driving at a point in trying to say that we only faced one starter and all backups.
    Wow, isn't it brilliant that people get paid to make such insightful comments?

The sad part is that everyone hears how bad she is and how stupid her spoken thoughts are. :hammer: :insane:
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

I didn't hear it but isn't it possible that she said (or meant to say) that most of the QBs we've faced were not the starters when the season opened? Because Derek Anderson was not. That doesn't excuse her forgetting Leinhart, because I think he did start the opener for the Cardinals. It's a pretty random comment anyway -- she could just as easily say that the Jets and Rams didn't face the Ravens starter, since Boller started those games.

9. Re: Starting QBs we've faced so far...

I didnt hear the show but have heard some say we have only faced 2 starting qb's this year (lienhart and palmer) and blah blah blah...yes its true but like someone else said we have played with our backup for 2+ games as well.

Anyone check the injury lists lately? you know how many "season starting" QB's are no longer starting? plenty. So the same point can be made against other teams as well im sure. just more media blather to talk about something
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    I didnt hear the show but have heard some say we have only faced 2 starting qb's this year (lienhart and palmer) and blah blah blah...yes its true but like someone else said we have played with our backup for 2+ games as well.

Anyone check the injury lists lately? you know how many "season starting" QB's are no longer starting? plenty. So the same point can be made against other teams as well im sure. just more media blather to talk about something

I couldn't more. Not only that but who cares. A QB in the NFL is a QB in the NFL, they are all very good, it is the NFL. Look how many backups have become starters in this league. Plus I will never listen to anyone on that show again after the bogus info on cmac!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

How is it that Anita Marks poor journalistic skills continue to be a surprise to anyone? Outside of dropping names every other sentence and trying to talk like she has some kind of street-cred, she is consistently out of touch with what is important to life-long Baltimore fans.

I have tried to listen to the shows in the evening because I want to know what Ravens players are thinking but this week might have been the killer. I work in the evenings so I can't listen to the shows other than in between appointments but I swear I heard her say at least 6 times this week how she sat with McGahees's mom in "Willis' suite" at the game on Sunday. On and On...

That and her MASN-centric...Angelos-centric view of the Orioles completley destroy any credibility of her discussing the Orioles decade-long fiasco.

AND if I hear her refer to Miami as "The U" one more time I will blow up my radio.

Anyway...sorry for the rant but it just sucks that we have access to key Ravens players for talk shows and outside of "The Hot Sauce", those opportunities are completely wasted with her self-grandiosity and her pathological need to be approved of by Ravens players. And one more thing...Jeremy Kahn or Con or however you spell his name is as bad as Anita...the two of them together are atrocious. Peace out.

She must have a damn good contract with JFK.

Because anyone with an ounce of sense would've replaced her a long time ago.

I can't even muster the strength to make a list of things that make that show horrid.

PP