Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: I know its only a practice in shorts but Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Arthur Brown and Elam are examples of two wasted roster spots. If you can't come in as #2 draft picks and start in the NFL (on a team than has needs at that position - i.e. OPPORTUNITY - to a team that has an excellent overall defense - i.e. CIRCUMSTANCES, it certainly calls into question the remaining variable TALENT. I don't expect Brown or Elam to make the final 53
    I'd be shocked if we released either of them this year. A trade perhaps, especially with Brown, but the more likely case is we keep both as backups. Injuries happen, remember. Especially at DB.

Jimmy Smith wasn't much over his first couple seasons and now he's a top-ten CB. There's still time for Brown and Elam to turn their careers around and be major contributors for us. Daryl Smith isn't going to last forever, and there's plenty of packages where a close-to-the-line safety or dime back can make an impact.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    I'd be shocked if we released either of them this year. A trade perhaps, especially with Brown, but the more likely case is we keep both as backups. Injuries happen, remember. Especially at DB.

Jimmy Smith wasn't much over his first couple seasons and now he's a top-ten CB. There's still time for Brown and Elam to turn their careers around and be major contributors for us. Daryl Smith isn't going to last forever, and there's plenty of packages where a close-to-the-line safety or dime back can make an impact.
    I think Brown will surprise some people. He hasn't really had a shot to play much. I'm sure there is a reason for that. Either not good on special teams or not good in practice. But I still think he can be a good player if he gets a shot to play.

Elam I have no hope for. I've seen plenty of him. He can still turn it around, but I will be surprised if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I'm so high on waller....much more so than Perriman....nothing but Gut feeling.....The idea of Joe having a big target that can actually catch makes me want him to start day #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    What do you think of Perriman?
    I am worried about his hands still. I just worry about any WR that shoots up the draft board after his 40 yard dash. Hes very fast, but I dont think hes THAT fast with pads on.... I think he will be better than Torrey.

I think waller can be used day one in our redzone packages, I can see him with like 7-10 TDs with only like 20-40 catches total as a rookie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post

I agree. There are more than a few players in history who struggled early and became solid contributors. Positions like wide-out and corner seem to have more than their fair share of those.

I still have hope for brown. I have none for elam, I have seen enough. Jimmy at least showed flashes, elam has not

Side note : Darren Waller measured 6'6 5/8, 242 at the East West Shrine game, where he had a good showing. So speaking of Metrics including the 4.46 - 4.54 timings. Add in the notoriety of some projected 3rd n 4th round mockings. HOW THE HELL DID WE GET THIS GUY IN THE 6th?? I know chasing metrics have bitten us and other teams, but seriously? He played well against other college stars in a showcase type of game (practices mostly tho). God really is a Ravens fan. And because of GTech , blocking is now a part of his football DNA. Might I add in the very good Wonderlic score FWIW

When (cornerbacks) did press coverage and things like that, just bringing that physical mindset that we had at Tech (helped),” Waller said. “When somebody gets in your face, you’ve just got to beat them.”
    He said he felt that he adjusted well to the different facets of the pro-style offense, such as timing routes and lining up closer to the ball. He was particularly proud of a catch made on the second day of practice in a one-on-one drill. Against a cornerback lined up on Waller’s outside hip, Waller ran a corner route and made the catch over him for a touchdown.

“I wanted to prove I could do some things in the intermediate game, that I wasn’t just coming in like a one-trick pony where I could just run deep plays,” he said.

Admittedly, it was the practices where he flashed the most.
    Last edited by alienstar; 05-22-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Side note : Darren Waller measured 6'6 5/8, 242 at the East West Shrine game, where he had a good showing. So speaking of Metrics including the 4.46 - 4.54 timings. Add in the notoriety of some projected 3rd n 4th round mockings. HOW THE HELL DID WE GET THIS GUY IN THE 6th?? I know chasing metrics have bitten us and other teams, but seriously? He played well against other college stars in a showcase type of game (practices mostly tho). God really is a Ravens fan. And because of GTech , blocking is now a part of his football DNA. Might I add in the very good Wonderlic score FWIW

When (cornerbacks) did press coverage and things like that, just bringing that physical mindset that we had at Tech (helped),” Waller said. “When somebody gets in your face, you’ve just got to beat them.”
    He said he felt that he adjusted well to the different facets of the pro-style offense, such as timing routes and lining up closer to the ball. He was particularly proud of a catch made on the second day of practice in a one-on-one drill. Against a cornerback lined up on Waller’s outside hip, Waller ran a corner route and made the catch over him for a touchdown.

“I wanted to prove I could do some things in the intermediate game, that I wasn’t just coming in like a one-trick pony where I could just run deep plays,” he said.

Admittedly, it was the practices where he flashed the most.
    Star in the making

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    He's not that great on tape. Look at him in comparison to his teamate, Deandre Smelter and it is clear why one was a 4th round pick - despite an ACL injury - and one was a 6th. Measureables are nice and I hope he turns into something nice, but we've had similar receivers with fantastic measureables and OK tape and they didn't turn into much.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Measureables are nice and I hope he turns into something nice, but we've had similar receivers with fantastic measureables and OK tape and they didn't turn into much.
    He doesn't have to make the Pro Bowl. If Waller turns into Malcom Floyd, that's a huge plus for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    He doesn't have to make the Pro Bowl. If Waller turns into Malcom Floyd, that's a huge plus for us.
    That's what I see too. If Waller becomes a good-but-not-great deep threat to go along with Perriman and Williams then that's fine with me. I'm not expecting Waller to be the next Shannon Sharpe.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I mean that's still a pretty high bar for a 6th rounder, that's all I'm saying. We've rarely had any 6th, 7th rounder receivers contribute at all, let alone become a solid 3rd WR.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Star in the making
    Or another Stephen Hill. Just saying...