Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Goalline WR package, make it easy

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think this thread brings up an interesting point though.

Why have the Ravens not thrown any back corner fade routes? Seems to me that is something almost every NFL team uses, yet I rarely see the Ravens employ it around the goal line.

Fades and back-shoulder throws are what I would really like to see more of this year. I feel like the back shoulder is one of Joe's best throws.
    Unless you have a very good WR, back shoulder throws don't work that well. I remember we had Clarence Moore for a while but he sucked, it wouldn't have mattered if he was 6'10".

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Waller probably wont be able to play 20+ snaps a game, but he can easily come in on 1st and goal from the 4 and be an instant threat
    Not if he can't get off press coverage clean right at the snap. You need quickness to do so, or else the timing between the QB and WR will be disrupted.

Why have the Ravens not thrown any back corner fade routes? Seems to me that is something almost every NFL team uses, yet I rarely see the Ravens employ it around the goal line.

Fades and back-shoulder throws are what I would really like to see more of this year. I feel like the back shoulder is one of Joe's best throws.
    Because we don't have the receivers skilled enough for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    The Bears were 3rd in the league in red zone conversion percentage (TDs) last year. I don't think that was due to Cutler. Trestman has it under control.
    Oh yes it was due to Cutler! Trestman should had them 1st :respect
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

5. Re: Goalline WR package, make it easy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Not if he can't get off press coverage clean right at the snap. You need quickness to do so, or else the timing between the QB and WR will be disrupted.
    I think we now (finally) have WRs & TEs who can beat press coverage fairly cleanly. Can you see most DCs having the cojones to even try and press our (now) big, strong receiving corp down by the goal line anyway? And Campanaro/Carter both have the quickness and physicality to beat press coverage. Dare I say it, but press coverage is probably no longer our passing offense's huge, glaring achilles heel.

Blog Entries

They drafted that size for a reason. Goal line packages

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Because we don't have the receivers skilled enough for it.
    That, and because they are probably till haunted by McNair's throw at the end of the first half in the Jan 2007 playoff game against the Colts...

Well, I know I am at least.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1st and 1 and we're discussing throwing a pass? Who are you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    The collective hive-mind recently posing as Seattle's offensive coordinator.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

10. Re: Goalline WR package, make it easy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    It's smart every once in awhile to pass off of play action to either a WR who's immediately open on a pick/screen play, or to a TE who fakes/chips a block then goes out for the pass. Even a fade to one of these taller guys with long arms makes sense now.

Weapons = Options.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    It's smart every once in awhile to pass off of play action to either a WR who's immediately open on a pick/screen play, or to a TE who fakes/chips a block then goes out for the pass. Even a fade to one of these taller guys with long arms makes sense now.

Weapons = Options.
    Anything but a crossing route, really.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    If you throw a slant on the goal line you through it LOW so no one except the receiver can make a play.........no way the football Gods were going to gift the Seahags two games in a row anyway.
    LOL I played in a playoff game where our QB threw two back to back Pick 6's on Slant routes in the endzone, We were up 7, ended up losing by 14

I agree. I dont think we need to come out like the Denver Peytons and throw all three downs, but occasionally we could use our WRs in a goal line fade

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post

Weapons = Options.
    Totally agree. Im optimistic with trestman. I do think his style is different than what Harbs likes to do, so it will be interesting seeing how our Offense trends