Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 99
  1. #37

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd also add OT to that. Unless Monroe comes back and has a stellar year, the Ravens could cut bait with him and save money.
    Where are the Ravens going to get one that's going to be able to replace Monroe from the start? Because they won't be drafting anywhere near high enough to get anything more than a developmental project.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco





  2. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    43,523
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Where are the Ravens going to get one that's going to be able to replace Monroe from the start? Because they won't be drafting anywhere near high enough to get anything more than a developmental project.
    Well, they might. Lol.

    I hope that's not the case, but you never know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  3. #39

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, they might. Lol.

    I hope that's not the case, but you never know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Outside of Joe and a bunch of other players suffering some season ending injuries, it's doubtful.

    Monroe is probably the best choice at OT they'll have for a long time.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco





  4. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    43,523
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Outside of Joe and a bunch of other players suffering some season ending injuries, it's doubtful.

    Monroe is probably the best choice at OT they'll have for a long time.
    Personally, I like Conklin out of Michigan State.

    6'7" 310lbs and good footwork. Has also played in a pro system his entire time in college.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  5. #41

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Personally, I like Conklin out of Michigan State.

    6'7" 310lbs and good footwork. Has also played in a pro system his entire time in college.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He seema to be the popular pick for the Ravens in a few mocks I've read. Of course, he might not be around on draft day when it's all said and done.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco





  6. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    43,523
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    He seema to be the popular pick for the Ravens in a few mocks I've read. Of course, he might not be around on draft day when it's all said and done.
    Really? A lot of mocks I pay attention to have us going WR or DB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  7. #43

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Really? A lot of mocks I pay attention to have us going WR or DB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CBSSports and Bleacher Report both had the Ravens taking Conklin.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco





  8. #44

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Top needs in alpha order...?

    CB (Complete confidence)
    Edge Rusher (Complete confidence)
    WR (TBD 5 mins after the OAK ends if not sooner )
    CB/Pass Rusher
    WR
    Athletic OT/Rangy LB





  9. #45

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Where are the Ravens going to get one that's going to be able to replace Monroe from the start? Because they won't be drafting anywhere near high enough to get anything more than a developmental project.
    And they won't be saving much money at all. It would seem pointless to me unless they are ok with spending a very high draft pick to sit on the bench for a year.

    Certainly possible, but not probable IMHO.

    Still think WR and CB are #1 and #2 by a significant margin...and if there is a clear, game breaking RB, that might be an option too. I don't think Forsett is going to come close to matching last year honestly.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  10. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    43,523
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    And they won't be saving much money at all. It would seem pointless to me unless they are ok with spending a very high draft pick to sit on the bench for a year.

    Certainly possible, but not probable IMHO.

    Still think WR and CB are #1 and #2 by a significant margin...and if there is a clear, game breaking RB, that might be an option too. I don't think Forsett is going to come close to matching last year honestly.
    I dont either.

    I think that Taliaferro is going to get a majority of the touches once he comes back. Especially if there are issues on the OL. He at least has the power to muscle through some tackles.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  11. #47

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Oregon State's Jordan Villamin (RS Soph).
    6'5 231.

    No idea if he's coming out.

    On our squad, his skills and attributes drop him in between Perriman and Waller.
    Not as fast, but better hands and body control than both.

    NFL quick comp: Mike Evans/AJG

    Won't turn 21 until around the 1st pre-season game, if he comes out, of course.

    He went 3 / 26 / 0 vs. Michigan (leading WR; saw the game and OrgState was pretty overwhelmed).
    I think you can watch it at BTN2Go.com if you have BTN on your cable package.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 09-19-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

    BP '17 (post Maclin rev): 65 of 115 for 1050 and 8

    @BigPlayReceiver





  12. #48

    Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

    Lots of good underclass talent on display this weekend.
    Too many to list, but get those DVRs smokin'!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

    BP '17 (post Maclin rev): 65 of 115 for 1050 and 8

    @BigPlayReceiver





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland