Baltimore Mariners Football

Beginning in March of 2008, Baltimore's newest professional football team will take the field at 1st mariner Arena. The Baltimore Mariners are the new local franchise from American Indoor Football Association (AIFA).

Some of you recall last years team The Baltimore Blackbirds. It was a lackluster season that left many Baltimore football fans scratching their heads. Due to issues with management, the Blackbirds were one and done as far as seasons go.

This upcoming 2008 season for the AIFA will be bigger and better for the new Charm City franchise, the Baltimore Mariners. There is already a buzz building around this team. If you are unfamiliar with indoor football, you should definitely check out the team website at www.baltimoremariners.com . It is a fast paced, hard hitting, high scoring game that is played on a 50 yard field, not much different that the Arena Football League. The primary difference being, the AFL uses rebound nets, as where the AIFA does not.

So check out the website or check out their myspace page at www.myspace.com/baltimoremariners

Tickets will soon be going on sale. Contact 1st Mariner Arena to be placed on the list!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Re: Baltimore Mariners Football

I went to every game last year, it's fun. Get tickets there and check it out.

The Baltimore Mariners Professional Indoor Football Team has posted their 2008 schedule. The 2008 season begins in March against the ever tough Reading Express.

for more information on how to order season and single game tickets, go to www.baltimoremariners.com
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Baltimore, MD…The Baltimore Mariners begin their quest for the 2008 AIFA Championship with the announcement of their first player signings.

Beginning on offense, the Mariners have signed WR, Terrance Isaac, 6-2, 190 from Midwestern State University. Isaac’s previous pro experience includes the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and Kansas City Chiefs as well as the San Jose Sabercats of the AFL. RB, Cornell Brockington, 6-0, 225 comes from the University of Connecticut where he is the Huskies’ fifth all-time leading rusher. Cornell was a 2006 Free Agent with the Washington Redskins and is the cousin of Green Bay Packers great John Brockington.

Anchoring the offense will be OL Markis Johnson, 6-6, 350 from Morgan State. Johnson has 3 years of indoor experience that includes stops with the Austin Wranglers of the AFL and the Billings Outlaws. Former IUP product, OL/DL, Faraji Mason, 6-5, 325 adds six years of indoor football experience on both sides of the ball and was a member of the Baltimore Blackbirds OL last season.

Defensively, from Texas A & M Commerce, DB, James Herring, 6-1, 225 brings size and speed to the Mariners secondary. Herring played for the Frisco Thunder last season. DL, Arlan Johnson, 6-4, 270 of Shippensburg University, returns to Baltimore where he was the Blackbirds sack leader from 2007 and a member the AIFA’s North All Star team. Adding to the defense is DL, Jeff Lewis, 6-7, 320 from Benedict College. Lewis’ pro experience includes the NFL’s Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots, and the CFL’s Saskatchewan Roughriders.

“The main emphasis in our recruitment is experience and what we call a ‘Blue Collar’ type work ethic. Our first group of signings shows our commitment to building a successful franchise here in Baltimore,” stated Mariners Head Coach Chris Simpson.

Baltimore opens their 2008 campaign against the 2007 North Division Champion, Reading Express, in a national televised game from Reading, PA on March 8.

Mariners’ Season Ticket and Sponsorship packages for the 2008 season are on sale now and can be purchased through our website at www.baltimoremariners.com.

Don't know if anyone is actually reading this section, but there is all kinds of exciting stuff going on with the Baltimore Mariners professional indoor football team. Fans of Baltimore football need to check out the Mariners website and see all that is going on. Roster signings, kick-ass merchandise, ticket sales et al.

With the Ravens season at an end, and the playoffs and Superbowl among us, that means that soon, football fans will find themselves in that precarious situation where they have nothing to talk about other than draft prospects and the what was and what might have beens of seasons past. The offseason: It is truly the saddest time of all professional football fans.

Listen up Baltimore football fans. Just because our Ravens ended their season, that does not mean we can not watch exciting Baltimore professional smash-mouth football.

The Baltimore Mariners of the American Indoor Football Association (AIFA) are set to sail in March 2008. They will play their home games in Baltimores premier indoor venue the 1st Mariner Arena located downtown. Feed your football jones with hard hitting, high scoriing, fast-paced indoor football.

Aside from the excitement of wall to wall professional full contact football, each game will feature give-aways at the door, exciting halftime entertainment, exclusive VIP stage access for package-plan holders, game-day programs, a smoking-hot dance team, and much, much more.

This is Baltimore football at its best. Everything that Baltimore football fans love is right here at 1st Mariner Arena. We are talking smash-mouth, nitty gritty football. So what are you waiting for?

Visit www.baltimoremariners.com to order your tickets TODAY!

I went to the game last night, it was pretty fun actually. We got free tickets, and I got a picture with Captain Mariner. At that point I was pretty far gone however