Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 3rd round pick (90th OV) Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do you dare mock the Gerbil Sticker & Fingernail Cleaner To The Stars?
    FTFY2! :happyanim (Dang, I'm turning into a one-man troof squad...)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Smh....
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Do you dare mock the Sword?

Blog Entries

Do you dare mock the Sword?
    Ex, don't mess with loba or HR, you're gonna get show money in a three horse race... Bc

The knock on Ngata in college was that he took plays off too......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hey Ex, HR just found you a better avatar...& he didn't charge you a cent!
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Great point, although Haloti never mentioned it (to my knowledge at least) in his pre-draft interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Great point, although Haloti never mentioned it (to my knowledge at least) in his pre-draft interviews.
    At least that tells you that Davis realizes his mistakes, and that gives Coach Brooks an opportunity to get fire into Davis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    At least that tells you that Davis realizes his mistakes, and that gives Coach Brooks an opportunity to get fire into Davis.
    As the NFLCBA is structured, his shot at a big payday will come at the end of his rookie contract. No one is going to offer top ca$h for anything less than demonstrated (not "potential") top performance. He's now playing for a team, noted for coaching & coaxing the best out of their personnel, that believes "you play like you practice."

Davis isn't stupid. He has to know that the perception that he might be unwilling to put forth his best effort has arguably cost him $1M already by dropping him into the 3rd round of the draft. (I call that "realizing one's mistakes" the hard way.) Any behavior on his part that can be interpreted as malingering--& he'll be under serious scrutiny from the git-go--will only serve to confirm that perception, & co$t him even more ca$h down the road.

There is literally no percentage in his not giving 110% from here on out. It'll be interesting to see the result.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Ngata took plays off in the NFL as well. We went through a few years where we did not have great depth on the interior Dline and he was asked to play too many plays. When you are north of 330lbs you are going to get tired and take plays off if the team does not have a healthy dline rotation. In college it is a common problem because the drop off between the studs and the backups are drastic. They ask their star players to play a ton of snaps. With a good rotation you should see more consistent effort. Ravens should have a nice rotation if KLM and Urban come back healthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Ngata took plays off in the NFL as well. We went through a few years where we did not have great depth on the interior Dline and he was asked to play too many plays. When you are north of 330lbs you are going to get tired and take plays off if the team does not have a healthy dline rotation. In college it is a common problem because the drop off between the studs and the backups are drastic. They ask their star players to play a ton of snaps. With a good rotation you should see more consistent effort. Ravens should have a nice rotation if KLM and Urban come back healthy.

That was my impression of Haloti also.... not that he took plays off, but that he just didn't have it to give when he was in there too long. He still clogged the middle, and kept blockers from reaching Ray ... but by the 4thQ there was no penetration if he was overused.
    Goose would do maybe 42% of the snaps, some games Haloti was doing 73% (And with Cam's 3 and out we had some games with extremely high snap counts for the D)

I think you hit Davis' situation, and also don't think it is going to be an issue at all. He was just being honest, and in this dead space news lull, it is being magnified by being discussed due to lack of much other news. I trust the Ravens due diligence, they probably talked all the way back to his HS coaches (or even Pop Warner if that existed...)
    Ravens have drafted players with "knocks" on them, but I don't think any first or second day player had one that turned out to be an issue, at least none that I can remember ....well maybe Kindle......
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    ... Ravens have drafted players with "knocks" on them, but I don't think any first or second day player had one that turned out to be an issue, at least none that I can remember ....well maybe Kindle......
    Or Dan Cody :( ... Bc