Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - I feel bad for Sam Bradford

The Eagles traded for him and then basically have just let him sit. No contract negotiations. Nothing.

Then, all of last week and up until last night (and apparently still today), Chip Kelly is still trying to find a way to deal for Mariota. The Titans clearly aren't budging.

I have to say though, if I'm Sam Bradford I'm giving a MASSIVE fuck you to Chip Kelly and the Eagles for doing me like this. Trading for Bradford to just try and use him as leverage to get the guy they really wanted all along? Bogus. Totally unprofessional on the Eagle's part. I'd honestly consider retiring before playing for Chip Kelly if I was Bradford. I really would.

It isn't like Bradford doesn't have money. He was one of the last massive 1st round QB contracts.

Let Kelly completely fail with Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow at the helm. How could Bradford possibly have any faith that the Eagles are into him as their starter?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: OT - I feel bad for Sam Bradford

Dude I totally agree. I was talking with my housemate last night who is an Eagles fan and we both agreed that Kelly is out of control. I think he'll end up building a decent team but I really hate his management style.

Sam Bradford really got shafted here.

Hope Kelly fails.

Blog Entries

Bradford is in a position to really stick it to the Eagles financially. He only has 1 year left on his deal. The Eagles today said they were going to try and extend him. Bradford is going to ask for something crazy knowing that the Eagles almost have to pay him. His stats are going to go way up in this system just like every QBs have. He's either going to get paid by the Eagles or paid by some other team next year with pumped up numbers. As long as he stays healthy Bradford is in a very strong position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How could Bradford possibly have any faith that the Eagles are into him as their starter?
    I think you could say this for just about anyone on the Eagles roster outside of maybe, like, DeMarco.

Blog Entries

I think chip is going to have a hard time getting a good many of those guys to buy in now. I see that team failing miserably.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Let Kelly completely fail with Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow at the helm. How could Bradford possibly have any faith that the Eagles are into him as their starter?
    Bradford isn't that good, should never have been drafted that high, and won't amount to anything special as a starter.

God help me, I'm buying into the story that Tim Tebow can amount to something, after spending the year working with Tom House & Co. Tebow already had all the other aspects; his problems were passing mechanics and accuracy. If he's improved in those areas – esp given the support that Chip Kelly's system gives to a QB – Tebow could be really effective.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/p...england-031615

Anybody tries to pay me 10 mil a year I'll tell them to fuck off and spit in their eye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    Anybody tries to pay me 10 mil a year I'll tell them to fuck off and spit in their eye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Bradford isn't that good, should never have been drafted that high, and won't amount to anything special as a starter.

God help me, I'm buying into the story that Tim Tebow can amount to something, after spending the year working with Tom House & Co. Tebow already had all the other aspects; his problems were passing mechanics and accuracy. If he's improved in those areas – esp given the support that Chip Kelly's system gives to a QB – Tebow could be really effective.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/p...england-031615
    I'm not dogging you dude, but I find it rather...interesting...that you think Sam Bradford stinks, but Tebow is going to amount to something.

Blog Entries

posted in the Eagles thread but according to Peter King, they were never offering any of their players.

• The Eagles, as Kelly said Thursday night in Philadelphia, never offered players as part of a package to obtain Mariota. In fact, The MMQB learned Thursday night that Kelly never offered the widely rumored packages of either three first-round picks or two first-round picks and Sam Bradford, in an attempt to obtain the second pick of the draft. I can tell you this much is true: The Titans basically scared off suitors because they continually told teams they wanted to take Mariota, and it would take a stupid offer to obtain the pick. In the end, Tennessee GM Ruston Webster and coach Ken Whisenhunt stuck to their guns.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Bradford has no right to be pissed with anyone. The guy can't stay healthy. He has played 7 games the last two years. He had a decent third year when he did actually play a full season. No one owes that guy anything. He has been 65m over the last 5 years to miss half the games with injury.

People will show faith in Bradford when he proves he can stay healthy and productive. To date he has not come close to doing that.

Blog Entries

Why feel bad for Bradford? 78 mil dollar contract without doing jack shit in the NFL. I could give two shits about Bradford.