Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 199200201
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2410
  1. #2401
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    25,532
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread



    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't think that played a role in who the Ravens wanted. I think they like what Allen can do both running the ball and receiving in Trestman's offense. I also think Ajayi was downgraded by the Ravens because he fumbles a lot and Harbaugh hates that as much as anything. The nfl.com scouting report on Ajayi: Ball-security concerns with 11 fumbles over last 597 carries. Pass-protection technique needs improvement. Tore his ACL in 2011. Was arrested for stealing sweatpants in 2011. That just doesn't sound like a Ravens' kind of player. Even if a lot of us on this board had him valued highly, I don't think the Ravens did.
    When I looked at the tape of Jay Ajayi, I saw a guy who may have needed some work in pass protection, but was a very good duel-threat prospect. I didn't get to see a substantial amount of tape, but I didn't see the fumbles as much as being reported.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  2. #2402
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    25,532
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    :word

    It's funny that we can identify right away the guys who will only be here for 3-4 years.
    We tend to know our team and understand how they think. That's what continuity can do for you.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  3. #2403
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    30,111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  4. Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When I looked at the tape of Jay Ajayi, I saw a guy who may have needed some work in pass protection, but was a very good duel-threat prospect. I didn't get to see a substantial amount of tape, but I didn't see the fumbles as much as being reported.
    It wasn't soo much he fumbled too much, he just fumbled in critical situations, like on the 1 yard line against Ole Miss.





  5. #2405

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    It wasn't soo much he fumbled too much, he just fumbled in critical situations, like on the 1 yard line against Ole Miss.
    I thought it was b/c Ajayi's knee looks horrible

    Why would you want a RB with a bad wheel?

    " NFL Network's Mike Mayock has reported is "bone on bone." "
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133352/jay-ajayi





  6. #2406
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,506
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Have to say, I questioned the Perriman pick and since have softened my opinion of it somewhat (still hate drafting an athlete with bad hands in the first) but i have to say, this was a GREAT draft on paper. Really got exceptional value.

    they say the board just fell the way their needs were, which i believe somewhat, but also call BS that if Pitta was healthy Maxx would still be here. We went into the draft with more holes than we typically do, but we came out with none imo. maybe we were somewhat lucky for that board to fall the way it did but either way im stoked with this draft class. I think 3-5 years from now, we may be able to point to some guys that we "missed" on for taking a need right now, but well look past it because I think our guys are going to work out quite well themselves.
    -JAB





  7. Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Have to say, I questioned the Perriman pick and since have softened my opinion of it somewhat (still hate drafting an athlete with bad hands in the first) but i have to say, this was a GREAT draft on paper. Really got exceptional value.
    I think the general consensus is that he doesn't have bad hands, he just has concentration lapses. Those are easier to fix than stone hands. I was down on the pick at first, but I think they really did their research and if they werent' comfortable with the pick, they would have traded down.





  8. #2408

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Time will tell, but this is one of the most masterful drafts in Ozzie's career to date. You never know how guys will truly pan out, but from a pure technical/value standpoint, Ozzie and Decosta absolutely crushed it this year. This team has the potential to be scary good this year.





  9. #2409
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,506
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I think the general consensus is that he doesn't have bad hands, he just has concentration lapses. Those are easier to fix than stone hands. I was down on the pick at first, but I think they really did their research and if they werent' comfortable with the pick, they would have traded down.
    I dont believe those type of mistakes are as easily correctable as you suggest. You can outproduce them so they arent as big of a deal, but I think they remain persistent for the most part.

    Doss had the best hands on our team. still had issues in games because of his mental lapses. These kinds of things can be an issue, and though I do agree the consensus is theyre concentration problems, I just dont see that as worthy of a first rounder regardless. WRs can and all do have flaws, but catching shouldnt be one for a high pick, imo.
    -JAB





  10. #2410
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,713

    Re: Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Time will tell, but this is one of the most masterful drafts in Ozzie's career to date. You never know how guys will truly pan out, but from a pure technical/value standpoint, Ozzie and Decosta absolutely crushed it this year. This team has the potential to be scary good this year.
    I agree. Looks amazing on paper. We'll see come camp/next season, but on paper and in terms of filling needs it was incredibly impressive.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland