Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Anyone Want an Eagle?

The Igles have Tebow. They don't need those other guys...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

boykin could be a good insurance policy. but probably not for what chip kelly wants for him...

Blog Entries

It's being reported that the Eagles offered the following to the Titans for the 2nd pick, and the Titans turned it down.

The Eagles, who were widely expected to go all-in for Mariota, put a huge offer on the table, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. The reported offer, as described by Rapoport on Twitter, is insane:

• Two first-round picks
    • One third-round pick
    • Fletcher Cox, the team's best defensive player
    • Brandon Boykin, nickel corner
    • Sam Bradford, starting quarterback
    • Mychal Kendricks, starting linebacker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's being reported that the Eagles offered the following to the Titans for the 2nd pick, and the Titans turned it down.

The Eagles, who were widely expected to go all-in for Mariota, put a huge offer on the table, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. The reported offer, as described by Rapoport on Twitter, is insane:

• Two first-round picks
    • One third-round pick
    • Fletcher Cox, the team's best defensive player
    • Brandon Boykin, nickel corner
    • Sam Bradford, starting quarterback
    • Mychal Kendricks, starting linebacker
    Too many players and not enough picks. No team would make that trade. It's a ton of money they then have to deal with since most of those guys need new contracts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Too many players and not enough picks. No team would make that trade. It's a ton of money they then have to deal with since most of those guys need new contracts.
    and how do you get these guy's heads in the game when they know you were willing to part with them. It's just part of the business but you can't forget those things.

Blog Entries

and how do you get these guy's heads in the game when they know you were willing to part with them. It's just part of the business but you can't forget those things.
    I think Chip got way too cute. He's so analytic in the way he approaches things that he forgot that these are people he's talking about moving. Bradford is going to probably ask for the moon as an extension because he knows that he just can't trust his bosses. Glad that's not my team. It could really blow up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think Chip got way too cute. He's so analytic in the way he approaches things that he forgot that these are people he's talking about moving. Bradford is going to probably ask for the moon as an extension because he knows that he just can't trust his bosses. Glad that's not my team. It could really blow up.

According to Peter King, this is all BS.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/01/marcus...ans-nfl-draft/

• The Eagles, as Kelly said Thursday night in Philadelphia, never offered players as part of a package to obtain Mariota. In fact, The MMQB learned Thursday night that Kelly never offered the widely rumored packages of either three first-round picks or two first-round picks and Sam Bradford, in an attempt to obtain the second pick of the draft. I can tell you this much is true: The Titans basically scared off suitors because they continually told teams they wanted to take Mariota, and it would take a stupid offer to obtain the pick. In the end, Tennessee GM Ruston Webster and coach Ken Whisenhunt stuck to their guns.

Blog Entries

According to Peter King, this is all BS.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/01/marcus...ans-nfl-draft/

• The Eagles, as Kelly said Thursday night in Philadelphia, never offered players as part of a package to obtain Mariota. In fact, The MMQB learned Thursday night that Kelly never offered the widely rumored packages of either three first-round picks or two first-round picks and Sam Bradford, in an attempt to obtain the second pick of the draft. I can tell you this much is true: The Titans basically scared off suitors because they continually told teams they wanted to take Mariota, and it would take a stupid offer to obtain the pick. In the end, Tennessee GM Ruston Webster and coach Ken Whisenhunt stuck to their guns.
    I almost feel like Kelly has to leak that it never happened to save his team. I don't think we'll ever really know