Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ray Lewis Give Empassioned Message to Baltimore Rioters

I have mixed emotions about the team going out to the community and handing out stuff. On one hand, I completely understand their intent and commend the fact that they want to help healing begin. Ray is their idol and he will have far more impact on changing their thinking than idiots like Sharpton and that worthless POS mayor their parents elected.

On the other hand, it makes me wonder what the kids that stayed home and didn't loot and burn stuff are thinking right now. Something like, wow I'd have really liked to meet the Ravens players in person and have them come to my school but apparently I'd have to terrorize my neighborhood and burn down the local CVS for that to happen. Unfortunately I'm not an ignorant ass thug and there are some lines I won't cross because MY mom would hunt my ass down and beat me in the street too.

Not trying to be a smartass but doesn't this also send the wrong message when horrible behavior is basically rewarded? To be fair, it wasn't everyone in those communities out there rioting but as far as I know there weren't many moms out there dragging their sorry asses home either.
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAYvens Fan View Post
    I have mixed emotions about the team going out to the community and handing out stuff. On one hand, I completely understand their intent and commend the fact that they want to help healing begin. Ray is their idol and he will have far more impact on changing their thinking than idiots like Sharpton and that worthless POS mayor their parents elected.

On the other hand, it makes me wonder what the kids that stayed home and didn't loot and burn stuff are thinking right now. Something like, wow I'd have really liked to meet the Ravens players in person and have them come to my school but apparently I'd have to terrorize my neighborhood and burn down the local CVS for that to happen. Unfortunately I'm not an ignorant ass thug and there are some lines I won't cross because MY mom would hunt my ass down and beat me in the street too.

Not trying to be a smartass but doesn't this also send the wrong message when horrible behavior is basically rewarded? To be fair, it wasn't everyone in those communities out there rioting but as far as I know there weren't many moms out there dragging their sorry asses home either.
    So do nothing? The team represents its city. It wasn't bad behavior being recognized, it was showing that the team is a part of the community regardless of where they live in the state of Maryland.

I am sure Ray Lewis and company weren't walking around telling them this is the reward for rioting. Quite the opposite. Most NFL players and personnel, from owner to coaches represent what hard work gets you. Regardless of the odds of getting into the NFL, it takes unreal hard work to get there. They represent that.

If one kids life is changed here, one kid grows up to become something other than a statistic, I say the Ravens have done their part. One person can change the world for the better, one of those kids today might have the fertile mind that some Raven implanted a good seed that allows them to grow and change the world for the better.

I am always amazed how people will turn something good and positive into a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    So do nothing? The team represents its city. It wasn't bad behavior being recognized, it was showing that the team is a part of the community regardless of where they live in the state of Maryland.

I am sure Ray Lewis and company weren't walking around telling them this is the reward for rioting. Quite the opposite. Most NFL players and personnel, from owner to coaches represent what hard work gets you. Regardless of the odds of getting into the NFL, it takes unreal hard work to get there. They represent that.

If one kids life is changed here, one kid grows up to become something other than a statistic, I say the Ravens have done their part. One person can change the world for the better, one of those kids today might have the fertile mind that some Raven implanted a good seed that allows them to grow and change the world for the better.

I am always amazed how people will turn something good and positive into a negative.

And I'm always amazed at how some people can respond with such animosity when none is intended. I gave complete credit to their intentions. There are two sides to this situation and why can't you see both of them?

Why aren't the kids that behaved themselves recognized at all? They followed the rules. They stayed out of trouble. They didn't get a visit from Ray and the Ravens. Many of them are as poor, as hungry and as frustrated as those that destroyed property and terrorized the neighborhood. Where's their encouragement?
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    So it's not awesome that he's preaching non-violence?
    As if you meant it as a compliment.

There's a Patriots colored bridge that's missing it's troll underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If I was on his "team", whatever that was, I would follow him as the leader he is/and has shown to be.
    Sugar, don't mean to embarrass you, but you're "one of the most genuine human beings on the planet" too ... Bc
    Thank you Bc and you are too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAYvens Fan View Post
    And I'm always amazed at how some people can respond with such animosity when none is intended. I gave complete credit to their intentions. There are two sides to this situation and why can't you see both of them?

Why aren't the kids that behaved themselves recognized at all? They followed the rules. They stayed out of trouble. They didn't get a visit from Ray and the Ravens. Many of them are as poor, as hungry and as frustrated as those that destroyed property and terrorized the neighborhood. Where's their encouragement?
    Seriously? Then why ever do a good gesture? Because someone may get used to kindness? Two sides? Dude you are really stretching. I can't imagine there are kids thinking, cool, if we riot and burn the Ravens will come to our neighborhood.

Regardless if kids were 'good' it isn't a reward to have athletes visit them after a world wide news event. There were people in the streets as heroes standing up for their community. The Ravens are doing the same where it matters most, the youth.

As for animosity, you don't even have a clue to when I am invoking that. The Ravens do something good and you need to point out how in small percentage, someone may use this in the future for attention from negative behavior. That line of thinking is exactly what is wrong with the world.

Here is an idea, take it at face value and say the Ravens care about Baltimore.

Blog Entries

The Ravens had to help. The more that citizens of the city and organizations around the city show that they are organized and prepared, the more it will deter rioters.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Ray pleading for non-violence.

That's awesome.
    While your TE is a serial killer, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    While your TE is a convicted killer, good one.
    Fixed that for now, maybe serial killer after the other trials, LOL

Touché , +1

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    While your TE is a serial killer, good one.
    PatsFan has been banned.