Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Break Out Player of the Year?

Joe Flacco, seriously. This is the year he smashes his passing yardage, TD totals, and completion average. He does no wrong and takes the leadership position to new levels(Rivers like). His accuracy on throwing zings the other teams secondary. His head fakes, look offs , and double pumping the ball will leave the opposing defenses shaking their heads.
    End of the season he is MVP of the year, MVP of the SB, and does it all on a 10-6 season.

Brent Urban on D. He'll replace Canty by the end of the season (Urban - Williams - Jernigan).

Campy will be our starting slot receiver and have 40 catches in his second season.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Kamar Aiken.....particularly if we don't draft a guy in the early rounds that can come in and play right away.
    My choice as well! Unless they pick up a stud FA.

Everyone picking Elam.... yeah, got to be better!

The unknown to suddenly have a great career year.....Juice. Given how Trestman loves dumpoffs to RBs I can see him having a career year, unless we draft someone.
    Jerrigan will make us forget Ngata. Quickly.
    And I think Hill and Lewis become the second best S tandem in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Joe Flacco, seriously. This is the year he smashes his passing yardage, TD totals, and completion average. He does no wrong and takes the leadership position to new levels(Rivers like). His accuracy on throwing zings the other teams secondary. His head fakes, look offs , and double pumping the ball will leave the opposing defenses shaking their heads.
    End of the season he is MVP of the year, MVP of the SB, and does it all on a 10-6 season.
    Please pass we youre smoking. Sure Trestman loves the passing game. But he had BMarsh Alshon Forte and Bennett, and Still couldnt muster career yards. Yes Joe is better than Cutler. But those 4 guys are light years better than the 4 we have respectively. Even IF we move up for Parker, and honestly Im hoping and thinking we do if he can just make it to 20 it would take our 3rd to get him well worth it, we still wouldnt be on the level.

I'm going to go with a dark horse pick here and say Courtney Upshaw. I think he takes over some of the work that McPhee did and ends up with around 6 sacks, coming from all over the front seven.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    Please pass we youre smoking. Sure Trestman loves the passing game. But he had BMarsh Alshon Forte and Bennett, and Still couldnt muster career yards. Yes Joe is better than Cutler. But those 4 guys are light years better than the 4 we have respectively. Even IF we move up for Parker, and honestly Im hoping and thinking we do if he can just make it to 20 it would take our 3rd to get him well worth it, we still wouldnt be on the level.
    Thanks for reminding me about Trestman, Flacco breaking out with him will prove kubiak was small potatoes with the offense last year. He received too much credit, kubiak won some games and lost some games(Texans was a disaster). But it was the players on the field who got it done.
    Come on Flacco, take that offense and make it one of the best in the nfl.

With yet another year of extensive turnover, it would seem likely that several players have breakout seasons. That said:

Not on the OP's list but mentioned a few times, is Kamar Aiken. He's pretty a big receiver himself (6-2, 215) who can to go across the middle, has the hands to be a reliable target and possess enough speed (4.45) to keep defenses honset. I think Marlon Brown has an equal chance to shine depending on who Joe shows more faith in. Brown is definitiely going to be a red zone target. He has a great turn/button hook move that reminds me a little of Derrick Mason.

On defense I think Brandon Williams would fill in for Ngata rather than Jernigan at this point. Depends on their off season development and Williams loves to workout. Well see.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Flacco smokes Rivers on everything a QB can do already. IF he has even below average WR play this year he will be one of the best QBs in football again.... God only knows how good he'd be if he had average WR's

Blog Entries

The qualifications for a break out season are ......

someone in the last year of their rookie contract and going to get an offer well above what we are willing/able to pay them at their position

Meeting that criteria before the 2015 season is Asa Jackson, DeAngelo Tyson, Courtney Upshaw, KO

Would be nice to have a Graham/Williams year out of Asa
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    I'm going to go with a dark horse pick here and say Courtney Upshaw. I think he takes over some of the work that McPhee did and ends up with around 6 sacks, coming from all over the front seven.
    This. I've made this point in several threads and people always dismiss it, but I think Upshaw is a more versatile player than people realize. He has shown flashes of pass rushing ability - he is just asked to do that so infrequently that we think he is only capable of stopping the run. I think people will be pleasantly surprised with what he does this year.