Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Would you want Shane Ray?

If Ray or Dupree are still on the board at either the Lions or Chiefs pick, I would seriously consider trade up options to get one of them. As for Ray's foot, I don 't care. I'd pick him in a split second!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I agree but it would be great if he did.
    Adding Ray to Jimmy Smith/Webb (CBs), B. Wms/Jernigan (Dline), D. Smith/Mosley (ILBs), Suggs/Doom (OLBs),
    Hill/K. Lewis (Safeties), plus our defensive depth, would elevate the Ravens "D" that we've become accustomed to ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Adding Ray to Jimmy Smith/Webb (CBs), B. Wms/Jernigan (Dline), D. Smith/Mosley (ILBs), Suggs/Doom (OLBs),
    Hill/K. Lewis (Safeties), plus our defensive depth, would elevate the Ravens "D" that we've become accustomed to ... Bc
    Without a doubt it would but I'm not going to get my hopes up, however anything is possible :)

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Michael Sam was a member of the 2013 College Football All America Team. Not sure I even understand the author's point, let alone find it interesting.
    I'm pretty sure the point is that a guy who wound up being a 7th round draft pick and has been unable to even stay on a practice squad at the NFL level was better than Shane Ray in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the point is that a guy who wound up being a 7th round draft pick and has been unable to even stay on a practice squad at the NFL level was better than Shane Ray in 2013.
    Well...that's a horrible point. College teams don't play guys because of how their talent translates to the NFL. Missouri wanted to win football games. There have obviously been a tremendous amount of fantastic college players who do nothing in the NFL. Michael Sam was one of those players. I mean good lord...the guy was the co-SEC defensive player of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Well...that's a horrible point. College teams don't play guys because of how their talent translates to the NFL. Missouri wanted to win football games. There have obviously been a tremendous amount of fantastic college players who do nothing in the NFL. Michael Sam was one of those players. I mean good lord...the guy was the co-SEC defensive player of the year.
    Stipulating that the skill set which makes a pass rusher good at the collegiate level largely consists of the same things that will make him good at the professional level... yeah, I think it's interesting that Ray was behind Sam on the depth chart. YMMV...

Oh yeah, btw, is your name Bayliss, as in Skip? Seems like every time I hear First Take talk about Sam, the exact phrase "co-SEC defensive player of the year" comes out of his mouth. Usually in a tone which I would describe as "shrill."

Stipulating that the skill set which makes a pass rusher good at the collegiate level largely consists of the same things that will make him good at the professional level... yeah, I think it's interesting that Ray was behind Sam on the depth chart. YMMV...

Oh yeah, btw, is your name Bayliss, as in Skip? Seems like every time I hear First Take talk about Sam, the exact phrase "co-SEC defensive player of the year" comes out of his mouth. Usually in a tone which I would describe as "shrill."
    Joe Flacco didn't start over Tyler Palko while he was at the University of Pittsburgh and we know how both of their NFL careers have turned out.

Joe Flacco didn't start over Tyler Palko while he was at the University of Pittsburgh and we know how both of their NFL careers have turned out.
    Sure... but I think the skill set needed to be a QB at NFL level IS vastly different than college. Pass rusher, not so much, IMO.

However, I'm no expert, so I stand to be corrected...

Blog Entries

LOL - Decosta never heard of either one until his east coast scout
    called him and said you have to come up here to see Flacco. He's the
    real deal. Eric said he didn't even know anyone up there so he waited
    for Joe to play Towson here and he didn't want to go to that game. He
    said he just got home from a road trip and wanted to spend the day
    with his family but he went out and saw Joe pick up the ball in the
    pre-game practice and throw it 50 yards and laid it on a dime and Eric
    said damn, I have to see this kid play.

Eric said I'm not sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he
    fell to us because of all the work my staff did on Flacco.

BTW, wasn't our boy CAV the O-COORD or QB coach up there
    at the time? Not sure. Anyone remember all the CAV sucks
    threads on the boards back then? ;)

Blog Entries

Good point.

Also a good point.

Not that I think Michael Sam is a better player than Shane Ray, but I honestly believe without the circus following him around, Michael Sam would be playing (and productive) at the NFL level.

He won't be there @ 26, but he would be better than anything we could expect at that slot. He has the makings of another Suggs pending the outcome of his injury. 100% yes.