Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Totally Too Early Predict the Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I'm not for sure why you think the Rams would be an easy win when they play their own division tough splitting with Seattle, San Fran, and Arizona. Last year that division had three top ten defenses in the league.
    Home and a 1pm game. We dont lose those. But I do think we lose to Seattle. And either SF or KC. Both have trap scteaming. SF cause who knows how theyre gonna play. And Torrey is gonna get a full DPI on us for sure. Boldin and than thebest TE in football. KC is filling in the pieces it needs also. One of those 2 were gonna drop.
    Than it brings us to Miami. Do they finally find a way tobreak the streak. 4 in a row. Gonna be hard to get #5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I'm not for sure why you think the Rams would be an easy win when they play their own division tough splitting with Seattle, San Fran, and Arizona. Last year that division had three top ten defenses in the league.
    1. It's a home game.
    2. Their QB situation is in total flux.
    3. And since you're discussing last year, they went 6-10.

Nothing about that team concerns me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! That schedule is horrible!!! The Ravens are only going to win 5 games!!!!! AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Is that really youre prediction? Lol

Blog Entries

10-6

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    Home and a 1pm game. We dont lose those. But I do think we lose to Seattle. And either SF or KC. Both have trap scteaming. SF cause who knows how theyre gonna play. And Torrey is gonna get a full DPI on us for sure. Boldin and than thebest TE in football. KC is filling in the pieces it needs also. One of those 2 were gonna drop.
    Than it brings us to Miami. Do they finally find a way tobreak the streak. 4 in a row. Gonna be hard to get #5.
    SF isn't going to be that good. Tomasula is a nobody, that D has been hemorrhaging players, and Kaep has regressed and now doesn't have Jim H. to coach him up.

Also, we used to not lose those 1pm games, but our home field advantage hasn't been as strong recently. Last year we lost 1pm home games to SD and CIN I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    1. It's a home game.
    2. Their QB situation is in total flux.
    3. And since you're discussing last year, they went 6-10.

Nothing about that team concerns me.
    They have an insane D-line, or at least a collection of awesome players there. We'll see how they perform this year, but there is certainly upside there.

Denver is the best home field advantage in the league IMO. Warmer air is less dense which exasperates the negative effects of altitude, so the worst time to play there is early in the season. Hurry up offense and sucking wind.

Optimistically, 11-5.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensXLVII View Post
    I am not sure why you have to wait for the draft...Jamison Hensley said basically the same things as we are "right now" not a playoff team. I call BS on that. Sure we will improve our team in the draft but this team RIGHT NOW is a playoff team and on the rise. Tell me 6 other AFC teams that are 100% more locks for a playoff spot than the Ravens. I can name two...NE and Indy. I see us at 12-4 or 11-5 right now before the draft (Jamison predicts 9-7 which to me is crazy and I will remind him of that prediction come December).
    I don't think it's BS at all. Hensley is right -- as of right now, this is not a playoff team. They have huge holes to fill at WR and TE. There's no guarantee that either of the starting CBs can stay healthy, and we don't have a reliable nickel. The starting safeties are league average at best, and depth at both S and CB is a joke. RB depth is questionable, as is depth at ILB and for the pass rush. To sum up, we are sorely lacking reliable offensive weapons, our secondary remains a big question mark, and our depth in many areas is not good.

They ultimately could still wind up being a playoff team -- a strong draft, late offseason acquisitions, and new guys playing bigger roles will certainly fill some of those holes. It's hard to plug every hole in the salary cap era, but as of this moment, that's way too much uncertainty for me to call them a playoff team with a straight face, especially with what looks to be a pretty tough slate of opponents. It also makes it pretty difficult to predict a record with any confidence -- too early for that IMO.

After looking further at the Niners theres no way we lose that game. I expect a high scoring affair with Torrey and Boldin prob both getting TDs. But thats it. Maybe another FG or 2. No Gore ala no running game and their whole season looks like shit. Add on they have the 3rd hardest scheduke. Behind Pitt and Cinnci mind you. Yeah Ill takethat as a win even more than MMiami

@ Den - I think the Broncos will regress a bit, but at home in September when Peyton can still throw more than 3 yards. Likely loss
    @ Oak - they suck. Likely win.
    Cin - tough to gauge their direction. Still a quality team, but not a SB contender. At home, lean win.
    @ Pit - even if they are down, and I think they will be, always a tough place to play. Push.
    Cle - at home, should be a laugher. Likely win.
    @ SF - I have them trending down, too, but still a tough roadie. Lean loss.
    @ Az - if Palmer is healthy and performing, these guys are legit. Likely loss.
    SD - w/o Rivers, likely win, w/Rivers I still lean win.
    Jax - I think they will be better than people think, but at home we should be good. Likely win.
    StL - were this game there, I would be worried. Interested to see how Foles does. Lean win.
    @ Cle - right about the time of year it turns from "maybe they can be good" to hilarity. Likely win.
    @ Mia - we always seem to do well here, and they seem pretty static since, the late 90s. Lean win.
    Sea - no reason to believe that they won't remain elite, but it is here. Push.
    KC - I see them as a darkhorse in the AFC. Push.
    Pit - I see them being done by this point, although no game with them is a gimme. Lean win.
    @ Cin - this is really going to depend on what they (and we) are playing for at this point. Lean loss.

Somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockDoctor View Post
    I don't think it's BS at all. Hensley is right -- as of right now, this is not a playoff team. They have huge holes to fill at WR and TE. There's no guarantee that either of the starting CBs can stay healthy, and we don't have a reliable nickel. The starting safeties are league average at best, and depth at both S and CB is a joke. RB depth is questionable, as is depth at ILB and for the pass rush. To sum up, we are sorely lacking reliable offensive weapons, our secondary remains a big question mark, and our depth in many areas is not good.

They ultimately could still wind up being a playoff team -- a strong draft, late offseason acquisitions, and new guys playing bigger roles will certainly fill some of those holes. It's hard to plug every hole in the salary cap era, but as of this moment, that's way too much uncertainty for me to call them a playoff team with a straight face, especially with what looks to be a pretty tough slate of opponents. It also makes it pretty difficult to predict a record with any confidence -- too early for that IMO.
    A fucking men. We have boocu problems. Luckily both Cinnci and Pitt have harder schedules and problems of their own. Honestly thisyear I dont see anyone but the division winner making the playoffs.