Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: DeAndre Smelter as a Great 4th Round Value

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Depends on the source honestly. nfl site says 6th or 7th. But I wouldn't wait that late to take him.
    While I understand what you're saying, if you check out our board you'll see posters who want to over-draft (or trade up) for players who may be taken in later rounds. I've used "flavor of the month" several times to distinguish possible draftees when posters are enamored with this guy or that. So (a) I would not draft Smelter before the 5th round [if at all] OR (b) let the astute/businesslike Ozzie Newsome make the call... Bc

2. Re: DeAndre Smelter as a Great 4th Round Value

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While I understand what you're saying, if you check out our board you'll see posters who want to over-draft (or trade up) for players who may be taken in later rounds. I've used "flavor of the month" several times to distinguish possible draftees when posters are enamored with this guy or that. So (a) I would not draft Smelter before the 5th round [if at all] OR (b) let the astute/businesslike Ozzie Newsome make the call... Bc
    Of course it is always all about (b). I don't necessarily always go by what a website says about where a guy should be drafted or whether he will amount to anything. I don't completely ignore them but I don't completely believe them either. For instance, some sites are saying Dezmin Lewis will go undrafted. I don't see/believe that.