Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ever Gone to The Draft Party at M & T

Just heard it was cancelled. Refunds will be given. Except of course the fees that were paid.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Just heard it was cancelled. Refunds will be given. Except of course the fees that were paid.
    That's a lousy situation. :(

I think the Ravens did the wise thing and really had no choice, but it's a tough situation all around.

Yes, it has been cancelled.

I remember going to a few draft day parties, the first one was downtown, but I believe it was at the Convention Center, not the Sheraton like Trap says. They gave us car flags with the Raven face (full-on look). I still have that flag, hanging in my den.

Been to a couple of the ones at M&T as well, when they were on Saturday. Pretty neat, but its not an experience I'd do each year.

Sad to know that its been cancelled because of what's going on.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Sorry for you guys that didnt get to go. All because a bunch of assholes making our city lookbad. They couldve just moved the location. Like maybe aberdeen, thats a pretty nice stadium that couldve held everyone. Even if it is a baseball venue. Still think they couldve moved it somewhere instead of flat cancelling it. I have good friends on the streets right now so that we CAN continue life and do things like the draft party. Sigh

Smart move. This riot has proven to be far too fluid to predict what might or might happen.

Plus, city resources are elsewhere anyway. Best not to push the issue.

Sad that this had to happen but the less people on the street, the better at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    They couldve just moved the location.
    I am one of those who lost out. My vote would have been to move it to Westminster for old times' sake/
    Captain Offense

Here's an alternative:

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-eve...day-party.html

It's a short ride if you live in Anne Arundel or Howard County. I've been to a few of these in the past. Not much different than our draft day parties, except for the no-nothing fans and not as many kids-oriented activities. Free everything, IIRC, and not too crowded by "the faithful".

caution: if you happen to accidentally make contact with one of the "native" fans, run -- do not walk -- to the nearest restroom to wash the contaminated area of your clothing or skin.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).