Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What do you do if Randy Gregory is still around after pick #20 ?

A lot of mocks I see have him long gone by 26 but I still don't
    know why. A lot of guys that have seen all his games say he isn't
    that good and size and speed doesn't always translate to being a
    good football player.

That said, you know Ozzie will jump on him if he falls.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    My buddy used to be a cop. When we were at a party, and the ganja came out, he left. Period. He knew his livelihood depended on not having MJ in his system.

So even giving him the benefit of the doubt that his dirty sample came from a contact high, it would still concern me that he was stupid enough to be in an environment where it entered his system on the eve of the biggest event of his life.

And let's be honest -- there is probably a better than 50/50 shot that the traces were there because he tried to cleanse, or allow enough time for the drugs to leave his system, and he miscalculated.

I'm not saying it means you don't draft him, but however he f-ed up, he f-ed up. And that makes me at least question whether he will f up again and cost my team a player for 4 to 16 games.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is irresponsible and a detriment to himself and his team. I just really found it crazy that an NFL player would get suspended while a politician, representing his/her state/country gets a pass. Odd to hold NFL players to higher level of scrutiny than the folks who run the country.

Blog Entries

My buddy used to be a cop. When we were at a party, and the ganja came out, he left. Period. He knew his livelihood depended on not having MJ in his system.
    My friend was an IRS agent and he was never invited to parties-lol.
    On the few occassions when he was he left when they found out
    what he was.

He really was a cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    A lot of mocks I see have him long gone by 26 but I still don't
    know why. A lot of guys that have seen all his games say he isn't
    that good and size and speed doesn't always translate to being a
    good football player.

That said, you know Ozzie will jump on him if he falls.
    You just listed every reason why Ozzie wouldn't and shouldn't draft a guy like this and then contradict yourself by saying he will.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Did your mom tell you to say that? ;)

My point is Ozzie doesn't listen to what others say especially non professionals
    like us and a pass rusher like Gregory would likely be his choice despite
    what we say, just like Kindle was when
    we told him he had too many red flags and just like he
    took Oher when we said he could be beaten and Joe needed weapons
    like Nicks and just like he took Mark Clayton when we
    begged him to take Roddy White and just like he took DeRon Jenkins
    when he left TO on the board and just like he took Patrick Johnson
    and left Hiney Ward on the board and just like Mt Cody and Dan Cody
    when he could have had, well, nevermind.

Oz would have gone to a few more SBs with our choices but
    nobody is perfect like we are. ;) He'll just likely take Gregory if
    he is there because he is infatuated with pass rushers in the
    first two rounds like Mosley and Jernigan but hopefully for us,
    Gregory won't be. He's just not that good. Just saying, you know?

There's a ton of sarcasm, irony and symbolism in there
    somewhere. Just ask your mom to help you find them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-18-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Did your mom tell you to say that? ;)

My point is Ozzie doesn't listen to what others say especially non professionals
    like us and a pass rusher like Gregory would likely be his choice despite
    what we say, just like Kindle was when
    we told him he had too many red flags and just like he
    took Oher when we said he could be beaten and Joe needed weapons
    like Nicks and just like he took Mark Clayton when we
    begged him to take Roddy White and just like he took DeRon Jenkins
    when he left TO on the board and just like he took Patrick Johnson
    and left Hiney Ward on the board and just like Mt Cody and Dan Cody
    when he could have had, well, nevermind.

Oz would have gone to a few more SBs with our choices but
    nobody is perfect like we are. ;) He'll just likely take Gregory if
    he is there because he is infatuated with pass rushers in the
    first two rounds like Mosley and Jernigan but hopefully for us,
    Gregory won't be. He's just not that good. Just saying, you know?

There's a ton of sarcasm, irony and symbolism in there
    somewhere. Just ask your mom to help you find them.
    I don't need my mom to help with anything grandpa. And if I wanted your anecdotes I would've asked for one, something I'll never do.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

All I know is that there is a sign above the the door in the Ravens War Room that reads "Past Behavior is the best predictor of Future Behavior." I have to think that sign is relatively new, probably post Kindle.

It breaks down like this for me. The Ravens are good at scouting, so they know just as everyone else on here knows that Gregory has a tendency to take plays off. He now also has a positive pot test on his resume also. IF he interviewed well and the Ravens feel like this is a guy who just needs some leadership around him and tight leash but has the physical tools to become a dominant defensive player then they will snag him up. Guys make mistakes. I do not think the Ravens are vowing to be as pure as the driven snow when they say they are going to consider character more.

If the guy interviewed badly then he is likely not even on their board. So if Gregory is sitting there on draft night and Ozzie does not move up to snag him then you pretty much have the answer to how he interviewed. He has the physical tools to be a beast, if he has a ten cent head though those tools mean nothing.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

So even giving him the benefit of the doubt that his dirty sample came from a contact high, it would still concern me that he was stupid enough to be in an environment where it entered his system on the eve of the biggest event of his life.

And let's be honest -- there is probably a better than 50/50 shot that the traces were there because he tried to cleanse, or allow enough time for the drugs to leave his system, and he miscalculated.

I'm not saying it means you don't draft him, but however he f-ed up, he f-ed up. And that makes me at least question whether he will f up again and cost my team a player for 4 to 16 games.
    I do NOT want to draft Gregory. However, I just want to reply to your post regarding behavior. Gregory was 22 last November, quite a young man who has been in a college environment in Nebraska. Your buddy, the cop, was/is how old? Probably can't compare the two... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I don't need my mom to help with anything. And if I wanted your anecdotes I would've asked for one, something I'll never do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I do NOT want to draft Gregory. However, I just want to reply to your post regarding behavior. Gregory was 22 last November, quite a young man who has been in a college environment in Nebraska. Your buddy, the cop, was/is how old? Probably can't compare the two... Bc
    For most 22 year olds I would agree but Gregory isn't most 22 year olds. He's going into a profession where he knows he's going to be tested and also knows that failing a test could seriously hurt his career. It's not like he just realized after the season that he wanted to be an NFL player. He's been working towards that throughout college. I agree with HotinHere that he should know better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    For most 22 year olds I would agree but Gregory isn't most 22 year olds. He's going into a profession where he knows he's going to be tested and also knows that failing a test could seriously hurt his career. It's not like he just realized after the season that he wanted to be an NFL player. He's been working towards that throughout college. I agree with HotinHere that he should know better.
    GOTA, you have a solid explanation here. I guess we other college grads (CPAs, lawyers, teachers, doctors, scientists, computers technicians, etc.) don't have to live up to those standards because we aren't tested like possible Pro athletes know they will be. Guess I'm old-fashioned, especially at my advanced age, in thinking we all should be clean when working at our chosen professions... Bc