Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What do you do if Randy Gregory is still around after pick #20 ?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    What about Gregory bulking up? I admit, hes light. But hes a freak of nature. He has a swin move and even a bull rush that crushes the competition. And being from Nebraska he played against great competition. Its not like he came from the ACC and mid level or the Mac or something like that. Thats big boy programs there. And if he can tune them up like he did.

And still, a pothead underweight? Dont they get the munchies? Lol. Watching him and seeing his frame. He could add on 20 pounds easily. Im discounting the dirty sample. He smoked. Dont care. Can he ball? Yep can he get to the QB? Yep( in tape mind you better than sizzle when he came out, hes much cleaner getting there).
    I'm sure he'll put on some weight but I doubt he's ever going to really bulk up without some outside and illegal help. His hips and lower body are just tiny. Gregory is also totally cut. This isn't a kid with an underdeveloped body. I think he's always going to look like a wide receiver playing OLB/DE

Blog Entries

I would pass. Too much of a risk for me in the first. I want a guy I can count on. Gregory may have an uber high ceiling as a pass rusher but it won't mean anything if he's suspended for long stretches like Josh Gordon is. I don't care about the fact that he smokes marijuana, IMO it's relatively harmless and going to be legal pretty much nationwide over the next decade, but until the usage of it is legal in the NFL, I'm not taking a guy like this.

I'm hoping he gets picked up in the NFC, before reaching those AFCN teams. Unless OZ is enamored with him, and gos all out. As I take in information on players, some of it is not just taken at face value. Those gut feelings. For whatever reason I'm not worried about him blowing his career with the weed...gut. I don't think he will just be a solid player, I have him as a bust or a superstar.... gut. If he's grabbed by Pitt or Cincy, I think they would throw him into the fray much faster than the Ravens would. Mainly because Pitt is desperate for a rusher Now. Cincy also but to a lesser degree. I believe that will hurt this guy's chance at stardom. That's more than a gut feeling there, I have multiple reasons, but don't want to drift too far off the topic. He would not have to produce right away with the Ravens. They could work on his adding mass properly and work with Suggs and Doom but not necessarily take many snaps on Sundays. He would get a chance to learn the schemes before being asked to rack up stats/sacks right away. Then next season "release the Kraken". I really don't want this guy to be to Joe as Suggs is to Ben - 2 or even 3 times a year. WE DONT NEED THAT. So, I suppose I'm rooting for him to go far away to the NFC, or OZ spend some picks, toss in Art Brown if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    What about Gregory bulking up? I admit, hes light. But hes a freak of nature. He has a swin move and even a bull rush that crushes the competition. And being from Nebraska he played against great competition. Its not like he came from the ACC and mid level or the Mac or something like that. Thats big boy programs there. And if he can tune them up like he did.

And still, a pothead underweight? Dont they get the munchies? Lol. Watching him and seeing his frame. He could add on 20 pounds easily. Im discounting the dirty sample. He smoked. Dont care. Can he ball? Yep can he get to the QB? Yep( in tape mind you better than sizzle when he came out, hes much cleaner getting there).
    This is true. All of his cone drills destroyed even Clowney's times. Not by just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Gregory. Many of the these long and lean pass rushers have struggled in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Barkevious Mingo who went #6 overall to the Browns 2 years ago and has done virtually nothing. These guys are incredible athletes but the lack the brutality and power that a player needs to be a complete pass rusher. Gregory can clearly get around a Tackle but a pulling guard or even a chipping running back is going to obliterate him.

Shane Ray I'd be willing to trade up for. That guy is not the athlete that Gregory is but he's the total package. That kid has a chance to bulk up and possibly play like Suggs.
    I agree with Gota. You can add Dion Jordan to this list as well of lean built pass rushers. I think Shane Ray is getting the Suggs treatment which I hope means he free falls.

6. Re: What do you do if Randy Gregory is still around after pick #20 ?

Watching his tape, could not be more underwhelmed. He's an athlete, not a football player. Zero instincts, low motor, cannot disengage from blocks, gets pushed and knocked around by everyone (Smitty would manhandle him with ease) horrible against the run, shows flashes here and there with an occasional big play but disappears for 95% of the game.

This is a top 20 pick?
    More like a top 20 bust.

I actually hope the Bengals or Steelers DO pick him.

The Ravens always play their cards very close to their chest - its necessary when your constantly picking in the last part of the draft. If there was no Josh Gordon and their new personal conduct policy influencing their thought I think they might be more inclined to take Gregory and forgive the light-frame and drug use.

Now I'm uncertain. Unless they can get extreme value on him they may pass...or perhaps that what they want everyone else to think?

Until his failed drug test, he was a clear top 10, maybe top 5, prospect. To move from 26 to 20 will cost us net a 3rd round pick. That's a lot for Ozzie to give up on a guy that MIGHT be a year-long suspension in the making.

MY THOUGHT: He would've had to have crushed his interview during his visit and displayed higher than expected character and intelligence as well as showed that he LEARNED from his stuppid mistake. I think that's a long shot, but that's not for me to decide.

Blog Entries

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
    #Nebraska DE Randy Gregory is in Pittsburgh meeting with the #Steelers today, then he heads to a #Titans visit. His odyssey continues…

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If he were sitting there at 26 (Doubtful IMO) then I could see Ozzie considering him if they felt that in their interview process and background checks the problems Gregory has had are correctable and unlike to repeat with the right support structures around him. I can't see Ozzie moving up far though to snag him if at all.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Watching his tape, could not be more underwhelmed. He's an athlete, not a football player. Zero instincts, low motor, cannot disengage from blocks, gets pushed and knocked around by everyone (Smitty would manhandle him with ease) horrible against the run, shows flashes here and there with an occasional big play but disappears for 95% of the game.

This is a top 20 pick?
    More like a top 20 bust.

I actually hope the Bengals or Steelers DO pick him.
    Seems like most of the people in the "know" disagree with you. You don't disappear for 95% of the game yet get drafted in the 1st round - nm be a top-10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
    #Nebraska DE Randy Gregory is in Pittsburgh meeting with the #Steelers today, then he heads to a #Titans visit. His odyssey continues…
    They can have him.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Pass on Gregory even at 26. He is fast, nothing more. Athletic OT's like Monroe, will shut him down.
    Now if Shane Ray is on the board I'd say draft him. I can see the comparison to Suggs. The guy seems to put himself in position to make plays even if it goes the opposite direction. He plays with fire and has tools, not just speed like Gregory. I'm never a fan of the lean lacky DE types. They never seem to play at the same level.