Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What do you do if Randy Gregory is still around after pick #20 ?

I'm not a big fan of Gregory. Many of the these long and lean pass rushers have struggled in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Barkevious Mingo who went #6 overall to the Browns 2 years ago and has done virtually nothing. These guys are incredible athletes but the lack the brutality and power that a player needs to be a complete pass rusher. Gregory can clearly get around a Tackle but a pulling guard or even a chipping running back is going to obliterate him.

Shane Ray I'd be willing to trade up for. That guy is not the athlete that Gregory is but he's the total package. That kid has a chance to bulk up and possibly play like Suggs.

I'm not sure I'd pick Gregory at 26, let alone move up for him. He sounds like he has a serious marijuana problem. Ten years from now when it's legal everywhere, sure. But he's already in the substance abuse policy. I'd expect him to get hit with escalating punishments as his career progresses.

3. Re: What do you do if Randy Gregory is still around after pick #20 ?

Shas you are correct I was only pointing out the impossibility of landing him due to those three teams. The only way Oz would move is to give up a 2nd or 3rd next year, not this year and preferably a 3rd, which might not be enough. So in the end, we'll most likely stand pat at 26 if another guy is falling into our lap or we'll move back and get some more picks.

sit and wait.

I think Gregory is a guy we'd trade up for. Not far, mind you, but perhaps into the early-20s.

It all depends on who else is there also. IF theres a silly run on say Offensive Lineman and DT's and theyre are half a dozen guys left that the Ravens would want, like say for we reason both Peters and Johnson are still there at corner also, and Gurley and Strong and Parker at WR and maybe another 1st rd DE or OLB. Just because there was a run at OT and OG and all 3 QBs got taken because people moved up to get them.

Dunno, besides that happening above, which of course is highly doubtfull and the guess is maybe Gordon, one of the corners and Strong are the only ones left hoping one of them slides to you would be stupid. Than you absolutely make that trade with Philly at 20 to get him. Because he wont make it past Pitt and Cinnci. THIS is prob the biggest year that I want Oz to jump over those 2. Because odds are a sepcial player is gonna be there. Be ot Gregory, or Gurley or Strong I dunno. I dint see Pitt or Cinnci taking Gurley or Gordon. BUT a guy like Gregory I DONT want them to have. Or maybe Johnson at corner if hes still there and Gregory is gone.

All in all it depends on how the board shakes up. Luckily we have Philly above our 2 big rivals. As well as 1 or 2 other trade partners also. And i give ZERO credence to that whole BS point system and to move x amount of spots you need x points and it translates to this BS or that. Yeah that doesnt hold. Weve moved around without giving up what it says you have to, and other teams also. Hell when we moved up to get Flacco the "points" said we wouldve had to give up like another 2nd or something stupid. Dont remember. But anyways i know that is a false and noone follows it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Gregory. Many of the these long and lean pass rushers have struggled in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Barkevious Mingo who went #6 overall to the Browns 2 years ago and has done virtually nothing. These guys are incredible athletes but the lack the brutality and power that a player needs to be a complete pass rusher. Gregory can clearly get around a Tackle but a pulling guard or even a chipping running back is going to obliterate him.

Shane Ray I'd be willing to trade up for. That guy is not the athlete that Gregory is but he's the total package. That kid has a chance to bulk up and possibly play like Suggs.
    What about Gregory bulking up? I admit, hes light. But hes a freak of nature. He has a swin move and even a bull rush that crushes the competition. And being from Nebraska he played against great competition. Its not like he came from the ACC and mid level or the Mac or something like that. Thats big boy programs there. And if he can tune them up like he did.

And still, a pothead underweight? Dont they get the munchies? Lol. Watching him and seeing his frame. He could add on 20 pounds easily. Im discounting the dirty sample. He smoked. Dont care. Can he ball? Yep can he get to the QB? Yep( in tape mind you better than sizzle when he came out, hes much cleaner getting there).

Blog Entries

I just feel like the front office may have him off the board due to off field questions. The video on baltimoreravens.com where they go through the draft room shows a sign that is pretty evident in the room. "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

​it's obviously important to them.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm not sure history is really relevant, but psychologically I don't like it when they trade in the early rounds. There are too many instance where it doesn't seem to work all that well.

I'm thinking about Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller,Jah Reid, Tavares Gooden, Michael Oher, Bernard Pierce, Arthur Brown -- those are all players whom they traded up to get. Anyone see a pattern? I don't care if it's coincidental. It's terrifying.

Their track record when trading back in the early rounds ain't all that better. The tendency is to get one merely decent player and one not so decent, so they'd be better off just sitting tight. These trade-back deals of netted netted tandems like Chris Chester+David Pittman, Sergio Kindle+Dennis Pita+Ed Dickson, Gino Gradkowski+Courtney Upshaw, Yamon FigursMarshall Yanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm not sure history is really relevant, but psychologically I don't like it when they trade in the early rounds. There are too many instance where it doesn't seem to work all that well.

I'm thinking about Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller,Jah Reid, Tavares Gooden, Michael Oher, Bernard Pierce, Arthur Brown -- those are all players whom they traded up to get. Anyone see a pattern? I don't care if it's coincidental. It's terrifying.

Their track record when trading back in the early rounds ain't all that better. The tendency is to get one merely decent player and one not so decent, so they'd be better off just sitting tight. These trade-back deals of netted netted tandems like Chris Chester+David Pittman, Sergio Kindle+Dennis Pita+Ed Dickson, Gino Gradkowski+Courtney Upshaw, Yamon FigursMarshall Yanda.
    Yeah but trading up they also got Flacco, Yanda, and of the top of my head im drawing a blank right mow lol. But weve done far better in moving up than we have back.

Edit: a guy like Gregory who was graded a top 10 pick is worth moving up to keep him away from Cinnci and Pitt. Both of which will be looking at him and he wont make it past both. No fucking way. Despite Pitt need for corners, whoch is worse than us even lol. But they also need LBs. ill bet 100 bucks that they take a LB in there first 2 picks the other being a CB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

Adam Terry is the one I always remember. They traded a 3rd round pick to move up to the bottom of round 2 for Terry. Terry was the Jah Reid of the early 2000s. He never could sniff a job. The Patriots took Ellis Hobbs with that 3rd round pick and he had a very nice career.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I just feel like the front office may have him off the board due to off field questions. The video on baltimoreravens.com where they go through the draft room shows a sign that is pretty evident in the room. "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

​it's obviously important to them.

Theres another guy on our team that we just drafted with a diluted sample. Solely because he ran to GNC and Gregory didnt. Sorry if they follow this mantra well have a losing team.