Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Breshad Perriman really a 1st rounder?

Perriman seems to be gaining momentum the same way Cody Latimer did last year. I remember we really, really liked Latimer and worked him out prior to the draft. I'm sure we've met with Perriman, as well.

Noooo thanks.

I see us grabbing some defense int he first round or possible seeing the Ravens dropping back into the early second and grabbing Perriman.
    Ozzie's all about value. If he doesn't like the value on the board, he'll trade back, when possible.

Cool Re: Is Breshad Perriman really a 1st rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Perriman seems to be gaining momentum the same way Cody Latimer did last year. I remember we really, really liked Latimer and worked him out prior to the draft. I'm sure we've met with Perriman, as well.
    And what did Latimer do last year: sit on the pine for just about the whole year for the Broncos with Payton throwing the ball.

No and HELL NO to Perriman in any round. If I'm the Ravens and no one looks good at 26th, try to trade down with the Saints for pick 31 and their 3rd rounder (they have two this year) and then either pick Maxx Williams, or D. Smith or one of the CBs still available.

5. Re: Is Breshad Perriman really a 1st rounder?

I'd take him in the 2nd or 3rd round, but only if Strong, D. Smith, Agholor and Lockett were already gone and he was BPA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    By taking Kelvin Benjamin, CAR cleared the way for Perriman to be a FRP.

???
    Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the whole nation see Benjamin be really effective in the national championship game vs Auburn two years ago? Not to mention Benjamin be a beast in various games before then? And that we haven't seen anything close to those game's on Perriman college resume?

Perriman in round 1 is a reach. I am not aware of the Ravens doing much reaching in round 1.

Cool Re: Is Breshad Perriman really a 1st rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    ???
    Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the whole nation see Benjamin be really effective in the national championship game vs Auburn two years ago? Not to mention Benjamin be a beast in various games before then? And that we haven't seen anything close to those game's on Perriman college resume?

Perriman in round 1 is a reach. I am not aware of the Ravens doing much reaching in round 1.
    Kyle Boller would like to talk with you!

8. Re: Is Breshad Perriman really a 1st rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Kyle Boller would like to talk with you!
    Boller was the result of drafting for NEED instead of value. We haven't done that since.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Boller was the result of drafting for NEED instead of value. We haven't done that since.

Mark Clayton enters the room....

He has the tools to become a legit #1 with the right coaching and development, but his 14% drop rate says no 1st rd selection.

Question is, who was worst catching the ball, him or Sammie Coates? They are thin cheese slices away from being the same type player imo.

There are some upside things about to Perriman to like. None of those things though would lead me to think he would be a good selection at #26.

I would much rather take a guy like Steffon Diggs in the later rounds who can fly but has questionable hands and route running than Perriman in the first. I would be peeved if he or Coates is called at #26
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

12. Re: Is Breshad Perriman really a 1st rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Mark Clayton enters the room....
    LOL, I never said my memory was perfect hahah. Why are you blaming me, Clayton is completely forgettable.