Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Any current players on the Ravens squad that could factor into a draft day trade?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    we got Fabian Washington on a draft day trade.
    Indeed

Blog Entries

Re: Any current players on the Ravens squad that could factor into a draft day trade?

I think theres a possibility. I still think Brown has a future here but there was interest last year in trading for him so if theres an ILB we like that we can get some return value and still walk away with an ILB to replace Smith its possible. That said Id think wed want a 2nd rounder that we spent even a 3rd or 4th I dont see happening.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed. Trading something worthless for something non-existent and we didn't get a sister-in-law joke?
    I would have included her too, but I haven't seen her since payday. My payday of course... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Daryl Smith could be trade fodder. I dont want to see that happen and I doubt the Ravens would be over the top excited to trade him, but if some team came offering the right deal...
    I could actually see that as being a good fit. He is still one of the best ILB's in the game. A team with cap room and championship aspirations and a big hole in middle of their defense (I'm looking at you, San Francisco) could be interested in a deal like that.

But there is no doubt the Ravens fully appreciate how good Smith still is. The only way they let him go is if Arthur Brown is actually not a bust, but just not quite good enough to unseat Smith and Mosley. If they don't think the dropoff in play would be too much, it would be worth picking up the couple million in cap room plus whatever pick we could get for Smith.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Joe Flacco

:bag:

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I could actually see that as being a good fit. He is still one of the best ILB's in the game. A team with cap room and championship aspirations and a big hole in middle of their defense (I'm looking at you, San Francisco) could be interested in a deal like that.

But there is no doubt the Ravens fully appreciate how good Smith still is. The only way they let him go is if Arthur Brown is actually not a bust, but just not quite good enough to unseat Smith and Mosley. If they don't think the dropoff in play would be too much, it would be worth picking up the couple million in cap room plus whatever pick we could get for Smith.
    I think this would only be worth it if someone really overpaid (like a 2nd round pick, straight up). I think our defense would face a pretty nasty drop-off if we gave up Smith.

After the Browns strike out on MM and Winston, trade Schaub for their next 3 1st rounders.

Blog Entries

What about Jimmy?

Seriously.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What about Jimmy?

Seriously.

Beat me to it.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

What about Jimmy?

Seriously.
    That's not a good idea.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

What about Jimmy?

Seriously.
    Do we have some other Jimmy on our roster that I am not aware of?

Sorry, no way I can get behind that. We need to add CBs, not get rid of them. You're talking about getting rid of our best player in arguably our position of biggest need. For a closeup look at what life without Jimmy looks like, roll tape of that Pats playoff game again.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Do we have some other Jimmy on our roster that I am not aware of?

Sorry, no way I can get behind that. We need to add CBs, not get rid of them. You're talking about getting rid of our best player in arguably our position of biggest need. For a closeup look at what life without Jimmy looks like, roll tape of that Pats playoff game again.
    Devil's advocate here. What if they aren't 100% certain about his recovery? What if they aren't optimistic they will be in the same ballpark with his next contract? Is a 3rd round comp pick good enough compensation for a player his caliber walking out of here?