Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cornerbacks in the First

Ronald Darby, Byron Jones, and Eric Rowe have all seen their stock rise. P.J Williams and Jalen Collins are falling. I've read teams some teams have first round grades on either of the first three.

Since Biscotti says he'd ideally want to go corner, would any of you be comfortable with either Darby, Jones or Rowe in the first round?

Re: Cornerbacks in the First

All of those guys seem to be getting described as "Strong Potential Guys" who are going to take a few years to develop into a starter. Of the names listed I would be the most comfortable with Darby, but I highly doubt he'll be BPA at 26 on our board. So, realistically not happening
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I keep reading Kevin Johnson linked to us at #26 in mock drafts, but I don't know too much about him. Obviously, it will all depend on how the board is stacked to see if Johnson would be the BPA at that spot.

I messed up lol. This thread should be moved.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    All of those guys seem to be getting described as "Strong Potential Guys" who are going to take a few years to develop into a starter. Of the names listed I would be the most comfortable with Darby, but I highly doubt he'll be BPA at 26 on our board. So, realistically not happening
    In complete agreement with this. See we can get along. Lol. But yeah. You hit it completely.

I think they will take a corner or two in the mid rounds. I must say I have this feeling it will be a top 2 or 3 dline or pass rush prospect in the 1st round. Teams will be going WR and corner hunting in the first and we could have a shot at a premier player at a position we value a lot. Eddie Goldman is a name I have stuck in my head. Looking to the future, pass rush is an option at 26 too. My gut, defence in 1st(and not a corner)

Blog Entries

There's going to be a big run on pass rushers in the top half of the first round and
    then OTs like LSUs LaeL Collins whom the Ravens brought in and then WRs and then secondary guys.

That means someone good will drop to Ozzie once again. Don''t
    forget our secondary will have Jimmy and Webbie back together
    as long as they can hold up. A CB won't be imperative in the
    1st round unless somebody drops.

Here's a tpical mock by a regular Joe, nobody big but half of the first 10 picks
    will be pass rushers with 2 OTs and 2 QBs thrown in. Only 1 WR in the top 10.

Now look at all the pass rushers from 11 to 25. There's a ton which is why
    this guy has Jaelen Strong dropping to the Ravens. I don't see it but everyone
    here would be excited.

http://nfldraftblitz.com/15mock.html

This mock by nobody big also has half of the first 10 picks going to pass rushers
    but 3 WRs and only 1 QB and 1 OT. He has LaeL Collins, OT, dropping to Oz
    who won't hesitate if he's there. This guy just doesn't see a good WR @ 26
    for the Ravens. He also said Collins is a natural OG.

http://nfldraftblitz.com/mackmock15.html

The point is, there's gonna be a run on pass rushers. Everyone needs one. Oz will
    probably jump on Gregory if he falls.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-06-2015 at 06:26 PM.

If we draft a Lineman in the 1st I'll be pissed. I'm all for Oz and BPA, but not only do we have two good starters, but we have a great up and coming player in Urschel. Plus Jensen is there.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

If we draft a Lineman in the 1st I'll be pissed. I'm all for Oz and BPA, but not only do we have two good starters, but we have a great up and coming player in Urschel. Plus Jensen is there.
    I wonder if we should hesitate before including Urschel in our future plans. It doesnt seem like hes going to have a long career with all the other opportunities he has available. Plus I think a genius like him would be extra cautious about head injuries, one concussion might be all it takes for him to retire. I think theres a reason he fell to the bottom of the 5th round when his talent was much higher

Blog Entries

Ravens already brought Collins in for interview and workout so they must be thinking
    about him. There were injuries to the o-line this year that forced them to start an
    undrafted rookie at LT, a first ever for a wild card PO game. They won that one but
    lost in NE. He also started in the regular season.

If Collins is there, Oz will at least think about him.

11. Re: Cornerbacks in the First

I would have no problem at all taking Kevin Johnson at 26. I think his coverage skills are great. He's a high football IQ guy. He does his homework. And he's ready to play significant snaps now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I would have no problem at all taking Kevin Johnson at 26. I think his coverage skills are great. He's a high football IQ guy. He does his homework. And he's ready to play significant snaps now.
    I'd be happy with Kevin Johnson at 26.