Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Steve Bisciotti conference call highlights

I take everything Steve says about player acquisitions at this point with a grain of salt. Sometimes the Ravens are very open about their intentions and other times they flat out lie. I believe them when they say DV has altered the way they look at players. I dont believe them when they say they dont think WR is a need.

WR is such a coveted position in the draft that if anyone knows you are interested the value of the picks around you goes up, ex. Pats and Dez Bryant.

Steve Bisciotti conference call highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I take everything Steve says about player acquisitions at this point with a grain of salt. Sometimes the Ravens are very open about their intentions and other times they flat out lie. I believe them when they say DV has altered the way they look at players. I dont believe them when they say they dont think WR is a need.

WR is such a coveted position in the draft that if anyone knows you are interested the value of the picks around you goes up, ex. Pats and Dez Bryant.
    That's not what he said about WR.

He said they're not desperate for a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    What do you mean?
    its a non story.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Another thing he indicated was that he was as frustrated as we fans are with the cost of preseason tickets back when he was a season ticket holder. He said as long as the net was the same, he would be willing to take money off the preseason tickets and add it to the regular season.
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!

If the net is the same I want the preseason ticket prices to be 99% of my ticket costs. I can them donate them and write the face value off of my taxes. I know the IRS wouldn't allow that but having them as the same price is allowed. Making them worth less and the regular season more HURTS the PSL holder, it does not help. We will pay the same but the tickets we don't use and can donate will be less valuable. Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

This is from people caring more about feelings (not liking that they cost the same) to logic (the value of the tickets you are likely to not use is higher than it otherwise would be).

In my case, with my $100/game seats, I spend $1000 every year per seat. I'd be fine with that, but the preseason tix should be maybe $20, and the regular season should be $120. That would be huge if he can make that happen.
    Please explain how this would be better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Florio didn't write it.

And the author is right. It's pretty cut and dry.
    If he was asked and said "we would welcome him back" or "it would be possible" I don't think that is tampering. If he talked about actively going after him that is different and would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If he was asked and said "we would welcome him back" or "it would be possible" I don't think that is tampering. If he talked about actively going after him that is different and would be an issue.
    That's pretty much exactly the definition of tampering.

But again, I doubt the Lions pursue it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's pretty much exactly the definition of tampering.

But again, I doubt the Lions pursue it.
    Even if asked about it? That seems kind of harsh. I guess you can only say "No comment".

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

If the net is the same I want the preseason ticket prices to be 99% of my ticket costs. I can them donate them and write the face value off of my taxes. I know the IRS wouldn't allow that but having them as the same price is allowed. Making them worth less and the regular season more HURTS the PSL holder, it does not help. We will pay the same but the tickets we don't use and can donate will be less valuable. Just dumb, dumb, dumb.
    You're only supposed to deduct the fair market value of an item you donate to charity, regardless of the cost. :-D

Even if asked about it? That seems kind of harsh. I guess you can only say "No comment".
    It was the expression of interest that gets you. And yes, way harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    You're only supposed to deduct the fair market value of an item you donate to charity, regardless of the cost. :-D
    The fair market value would be the face value, that is what it would cost to purchase that ticket from the Ravens.

The fair market value would be the face value, that is what it would cost to purchase that ticket from the Ravens.
    That's not true and you know it.

Blog Entries

Re: Bisciotti QA with PSL holders

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    The Wide Receiver comments hurt my soul.
    I don't believe anything these guys say before the draft. He's not lying, he's just not showing his hand.