Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Predict the Ravens Record

BurghSouth banned already. The Bucs have the record for most consecutive road losses and BS has the record for most quickly banned.

lol about BS. That is why this place will be such a great board.

I would say our record depends on how our division does this year. (duh) But this year the division winner (Cinci) has the potential to bomb and the SB Champs are not what they were last year.

I say:

10-6 to 11-5

This is a tough division. We also play the NFC South and the AFC West. 2 very tough divisions. With some luck we could pul-off a 12-4 year, maybe. One small step at a time folks.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    Tough division, tough road schedule with a year and 1/2 road losing streak monkey on our backs.

My heart says 13-3 with a deep play-off run. My brain says two game improvement: 8-8.

I agree with T. That's exactly what I think...8-8. I think part of our problem as a fan base on these boards is having too high expectations. I know, I know, why NOT have high expectations? Well, my thinking is that way, if 8-8 becomes reality, then I am not overtly disapointed. If they do much better than 8-8, then I am overjoyed.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

This is a tough one to predict. It seems as though we have all the right tools to make a serious run. It also appears that we have the right attitude this year as well.

However, I'm not betting the house based on what I've seen so far in 2 pre-season games.

If we can get a good start in the first half of the season, we'll likely make the playoffs. However, if we struggle early, the 2nd half of the schedule is brutal, and could keep us out.

That being said, 10-6 or 11-5 is certainly possible. At the very least, I do think we make the playoffs, because I think the rest of the AFC is a bit weaker this year.

Ugh, I SO hate these threads. THere are just too many factors to weigh.

11-5 is very possible, but I am hoping for 12-4 or better. 8-8 on the downside.

11-5 if McNair & O-line stay healthy!:o
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Bucs = L
    Raiders = W
    Browns = W
    Chargers = W
    Broncos = L
    Panthers = L
    Saints = W
    Bengals = W
    Titans = W
    Falcons = W
    Steelers = L
    Bengals = W
    Chiefs = L
    Browns = W
    Steelers = W
    Bills = W

11-5 if my psychic ability is any good :D

If the RAVENS can stay healthy, and can prove they can win on the road then I think that 10-6 is certainly feasible.

But, I am not getting my hopes up yet.

I want to see them play the Bucs before I'd make any real predictions on a W-L record, but I believe they have the makings of a playoff team and hopefully to get deep into the playoffs. Just gotta hope they stay healthy and the O-line isn't a sieve.

It would be great for them to get to Miami!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

We have a tendency to start each season with a sloppy first game. I can't remember the last time we won the first game of the season. We must go into Tampa Bay ready to kick the living heck out of the Bucs. I have seen the Bucs this preseason, and they are a beatable team.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

It will all come down to injuries. Looking at the schedule the Tampa game will be a big test. Many teams within our division are already having problems. The Bengals need to buy jail uniforms as they can't stay out of trouble. The Steelers will see this year how much the BUS meant to them. Hey the Browns they speak for themselves. Getting back to the Ravens I'm looking at 11-5 or 10-6 and have us making the playoffs. I also look for us to have a playoff game here this year which will be great for all of us. The driving force this year will be veterans who know time is running out and they will play with determination to get to the Super Bowl. MaNair was within 1 yard of being a Super Bowl champion and that will make his fire burn. Let's just hope injuries don't kill the dreams of a successful season.

GO RAVENS

:hammer:
    Last edited by Sports Steve; 08-22-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty728
    Bucs = L
    Raiders = W
    Browns = W
    Chargers = W
    Broncos = L
    Panthers = L
    Saints = W
    Bengals = W
    Titans = W
    Falcons = W
    Steelers = L
    Bengals = W
    Chiefs = L
    Browns = W
    Steelers = W
    Bills = W

11-5 if my psychic ability is any good :D
    I like Dusy's predictions, however I would change this by one game. I do not see us sweeping the Bungles this year. Carson will be back for those games and I say we split with them loosing in Cincy and winning here.

10-6

Assuming the O-line improves over what I have seen so far. After last Thursday's game we have seen three different QBs tripped up by the O-line. Even McNair.

This O-line still needs mucho help!