Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: It's that time of year: my ideal/projected 53 man roster

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Statements like this make me wonder what you watch on Sundays, because it doesn't seem to be football.

I assume the "has-been" you are referring to is Daryl Smith, and not Suggs or Doom. Setting aside the fact that Burfict and Smith play different positions, Daryl Smith is one of the best players on our defense, He was tenth in the entire NFL in tackles, and you think he is a "has been?" Honestly, on what do you base that? Cuz it definitely is not based on watching him play.

(Btw your man-crush Burfict was less than awesome last year, in e five games he actually managed to play.). So yes, there is at least a single person here who would much rather have Smith.
    Agree wholeheartedly.

Put Daryl Smith in a Patriots/Cowboys/Steelers uniform for the first 8 years of his career, and he's getting a lot of HOF buzz. He was the best player in the NFL that nobody talked about, and now sadly that he plays with a relevant franchise, his skills have declined a bit. That having been said, he's still a very capable LB. If there is a list of the top 25 things wrong with the Ravens right now, Smith isn't on that list. The fact that he currently carries a $3.875 cap figure and nobody has made a whisper about him getting cut/restructured shows me his place and value on the roster is highly valued.

What about Tevin Coleman at pick 90? Swann and Hardison at 122 and 125?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. Put Daryl Smith in a Patriots/Cowboys/Steelers uniform for the first 8 years of his career, and he's getting a lot of HOF buzz. He was the best player in the NFL that nobody talked about, and now sadly that he plays with a relevant franchise, his skills have declined a bit. That having been said, he's still a very capable LB. If there is a list of the top 25 things wrong with the Ravens right now, Smith isn't on that list. The fact that he currently carries a $3.875 cap figure and nobody has made a whisper about him getting cut/restructured shows me his place and value on the roster is highly valued.
    I don't even think his skills have declined that much. Everyone is (rightly) all over Mosley's jock after his 133 tackles, 10 PD's. 2 picks, and one FF. Meanwhile, Smith had a nearly identical season (128 tackles, 9PDs, 1 pick, and 2 FF's.). He's still playing at a near Pro Bowl level.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    so hes not good in seattle or oakland but is good in a WCO that has weapons...

I actually think Flynn would be a great addition, just not sure the price will be right.
    I agree. We hear about Flynn not being good outside of Green Bay, yet we had a quarterback as our backup for the last 4 years who was never good outside of VIRGINIA TECH.

I actually was going to put Tebow down as Flacco's backup, but knew a lot of people would not pay attention to the rest of my list if they saw Tebow's name at the top of it. I know Tebow is not a NFL-style QB, but if we needed someone to lead our team for a brief period of time in Joe's absence, Tebow seems to have the type of ability to generate ugly wins.

I'm going to get flamed for that comment for sure.

I don't even think his skills have declined that much. Everyone is (rightly) all over Mosley's jock after his 133 tackles, 10 PD's. 2 picks, and one FF. Meanwhile, Smith had a nearly identical season (128 tackles, 9PDs, 1 pick, and 2 FF's.). He's still playing at a near Pro Bowl level.
    I agree. If we are getting technical, my original comment was that his skills have declined "a bit". He's still a very solid player. I would say your assessment of him at a "near Pro Bowl level" is on the money. It's just that 5-6 years ago, he was one of the top 3-4 MLBs in all of football. He was a Pro Bowl talent then (if not for his location). He's a near Pro Bowler now. I'd still take him on my team any and every day.

I agree. We hear about Flynn not being good outside of Green Bay, yet we had a quarterback as our backup for the last 4 years who was never good outside of VIRGINIA TECH.

I actually was going to put Tebow down as Flacco's backup, but knew a lot of people would not pay attention to the rest of my list if they saw Tebow's name at the top of it. I know Tebow is not a NFL-style QB, but if we needed someone to lead our team for a brief period of time in Joe's absence, Tebow seems to have the type of ability to generate ugly wins.

I'm going to get flamed for that comment for sure.
    Tebow won games because his defense and run game kept him in the game for most.of it. He's terribly inaccurate. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Tebow won games because his defense and run game kept him in the game for most.of it. He's terribly inaccurate. Pass.
    He also won games because he made plays in the clutch and didn't throw picks (6 in 250 or so attempts).

Isn't that the basic formula that we would have if we ever needed him (or any backup) to fill in----Lean on our good run game/good defense and hope our QB can avoid losing us the game?

He also won games because he made plays in the clutch and didn't throw picks (6 in 250 or so attempts).

Isn't that the basic formula that we would have if we ever needed him (or any backup) to fill in----Lean on our good run game/good defense and hope our QB can avoid losing us the game?
    It is and I acknowledge that you can't be choosy with your back-up, but Tebow wants to start and also comes with a media storm. Wenning comes with neither.

Blog Entries

This thread went downhill like a go kart with no brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This thread went downhill like a go kart with no brakes.

Compared to the drivel we've had in the past week, this is the teaching of Socrates.

Statements like this make me wonder what you watch on Sundays, because it doesn't seem to be football.

I assume the "has-been" you are referring to is Daryl Smith, and not Suggs or Doom. Setting aside the fact that Burfict and Smith play different positions, Daryl Smith is one of the best players on our defense, He was tenth in the entire NFL in tackles, and you think he is a "has been?" Honestly, on what do you base that? Cuz it definitely is not based on watching him play.

(Btw your man-crush Burfict was less than awesome last year, in e five games he actually managed to play.). So yes, there is at least a single person here who would much rather have Smith.
    Oh Money227 didnt inform you? We dont have to explain things, we can just say opinions with no reasoning. Ya know, becuase it isn't a fucking DISCUSSION board.

This has been a bad offseason for random new idiotic posters
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    Thanks brother. And yes i see the hesitancy of people and understand it. But honestly the kids ability would make him a top 10 talent if npt for a couple screw ups.

There was another guy. Had HUGE talent. But some charector issues. Many here,myself included wanted us to draft him. That said LB has made the pro bowl for our rival under a good coach in Marv. Im sure everyone knows jis name. Is there a SINGLE person on here that wouldnt rather have him alongsode Mosley instead of the has been we currenkty have?
    Burfict didn't throw a girl down a flight of steps either.

Big difference.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.