Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: It's that time of year: my ideal/projected 53 man roster

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    But Oz says he isn't taking people with character issues. But oh yeah. You know more than the GM of the team. Gotcha.
    Oz is gonna take the best talent available. And thats what keeps this yeam succesfull. Just because you want to waste a 1st on a 2nd round talent isnt our fault.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    Whata the smack about my post? Just cause i want a WR with the talent and skills to be a beast and i dont care about his personal life?
    He's all hype. He's never been dominant in college and that is obvious from the stat sheet. He hasn't played football in over a year. And his personal life has him set up to be Josh Gordon Jr. The only reason he's getting first round talks is because he's tall, fast, and jumps high and scouts are enamored by all three of those. I'm saying pass and so is Ozzie.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I wouldn't touch DGB with a 10-foot pole, but it's his opinion (and he's certainly not the only one on here to have that opinion). He doesn't need to "justify" his opinion anymore than you do.
    Thanks brother. And yes i see the hesitancy of people and understand it. But honestly the kids ability would make him a top 10 talent if npt for a couple screw ups.

There was another guy. Had HUGE talent. But some charector issues. Many here,myself included wanted us to draft him. That said LB has made the pro bowl for our rival under a good coach in Marv. Im sure everyone knows jis name. Is there a SINGLE person on here that wouldnt rather have him alongsode Mosley instead of the has been we currenkty have?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    He's all hype. He's never been dominant in college and that is obvious from the stat sheet. He hasn't played football in over a year. And his personal life has him set up to be Josh Gordon Jr. The only reason he's getting first round talks is because he's tall, fast, and jumps high and scouts are enamored by all three of those. I'm saying pass and so is Ozzie.
    Bro im not gonna argue it. He has elite size and talent. Betterthan Gordon even. And does he have any drug charges or gang affiliation? Thats Josh problem. Gotta be hood with his homies. DGB has a different problem. He has a female and temper prob. Big diff. BUT. He has the talent to be Megayron.

Edit: Really weve derailed the thread. Sorry Luke. Couple guys hav w it stuck just to negate anything i say. Ones from Canada. Go figure lol. But anyways. Sorry man. I wont comment anymore as long as they leave it alone too.

Thanks brother. And yes i see the hesitancy of people and understand it. But honestly the kids ability would make him a top 10 talent if npt for a couple screw ups.

There was another guy. Had HUGE talent. But some charector issues. Many here,myself included wanted us to draft him. That said LB has made the pro bowl for our rival under a good coach in Marv. Im sure everyone knows jis name. Is there a SINGLE person on here that wouldnt rather have him alongsode Mosley instead of the has been we currenkty have?
    He was passed over by every team in the draft including Marvins Bengals and only came to the team as an undrafted. So the Bengals paid as much attention to his issues as everyone else and only took him on afterwards. And Daryl Smith is doing just fine, no need to bash.

Bro im not gonna argue it. He has elite size and talent. Betterthan Gordon even. And does he have any drug charges or gang affiliation? Thats Josh problem. Gotta be hood with his homies. DGB has a different problem. He has a female and temper prob. Big diff. BUT. He has the talent to be Megayron.

Edit: Really weve derailed the thread. Sorry Luke. Couple guys hav w it stuck just to negate anything i say. Ones from Canada. Go figure lol. But anyways. Sorry man. I wont comment anymore as long as they leave it alone too.
    Last thing I'm saying on this. 1: DGBs problems will get him in the same trouble Gordon is in. 2: Megatron was much more dominant than DGB in college.

Last thing I'm saying on this. 1: DGBs problems will get him in the same trouble Gordon is in. 2: Megatron was much more dominant than DGB in college.
    Maybe. You cant predict the future. But the FO job is to get the best players foe this team. Id rather we draft him and roll the dice over maybe taking someone else whos ceiling is HALF what his is. And they might not even reach,thay. As for the Megatron ref, was just someone i threw out there.

Think about it. GoiNg forward our opponents are gonna be the Colts because of Luck, the Chargers have a few more years cause of Rivers. Thats long term. Short term we still have the Bengals. Just for the division. Miami and Tannehill will be annoyinf but second fiddle. Etc....

Was a article today. Brady vs Manning is done. Theyre both washed up and done. The AFC now is the Flacco vs Luck era. Thats how people are startibg to look at it. We need to get Joe better weapons than Luck. Or a far better D along wotb a effective offense

Strong at 26. Man i hope so but i think we might have to move up to get him. Which honestly we better. Stocking a ton of good guys and than watching them walk to sign big contracts because theyre at a posi t ion of depth while we have holes to fill is getting unbearable. And a waste of resources. I really want DGB, i dont care what his past is. But Strong is 2 and Gordon being 3. As the first round goes.

As for the rest of your projections. Its still thin at talent at CB. Webb should be 3rd. Period. He cant be counted on more than that.

Bowman or Tarell are capable starters if you want to go that direction. Smith can be your #1 and Webb and Bowman can be 2-A and 2-B. Then you have Melvin and a rookie competing for the dimeback slot. Even if you have an injury or two, you are still not having to resort to the waiver wire to fill that position.

Maybe. You cant predict the future. But the FO job is to get the best players foe this team. Id rather we draft him and roll the dice over maybe taking someone else whos ceiling is HALF what his is. And they might not even reach,thay. As for the Megatron ref, was just someone i threw out there.

Think about it. GoiNg forward our opponents are gonna be the Colts because of Luck, the Chargers have a few more years cause of Rivers. Thats long term. Short term we still have the Bengals. Just for the division. Miami and Tannehill will be annoyinf but second fiddle. Etc....

Was a article today. Brady vs Manning is done. Theyre both washed up and done. The AFC now is the Flacco vs Luck era. Thats how people are startibg to look at it. We need to get Joe better weapons than Luck. Or a far better D along wotb a effective offense
    DGB isn't worth more than any receiver if he's getting suspended because he uses drugs/ hits his girl. I'd rather the Ravens draft a mid rounder who can at least be trusted to not get suspended.

DGB isn't worth more than any receiver if he's getting suspended because he uses drugs/ hits his girl. I'd rather the Ravens draft a mid rounder who can at least be trusted to not get suspended.
    I would rather just look at Strong, who has a nice bit of upside without the risks, at 26.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I would rather just look at Strong, who has a nice bit of upside without the risks, at 26.
    Yes. That's great.

Is there a SINGLE person on here that wouldnt rather have [Burfict] alongsode Mosley instead of the has been we currenkty have?
    Statements like this make me wonder what you watch on Sundays, because it doesn't seem to be football.

I assume the "has-been" you are referring to is Daryl Smith, and not Suggs or Doom. Setting aside the fact that Burfict and Smith play different positions, Daryl Smith is one of the best players on our defense, He was tenth in the entire NFL in tackles, and you think he is a "has been?" Honestly, on what do you base that? Cuz it definitely is not based on watching him play.

(Btw your man-crush Burfict was less than awesome last year, in e five games he actually managed to play.). So yes, there is at least a single person here who would much rather have Smith.
    "Chin up, chest out."