Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: It's that time of year: my ideal/projected 53 man roster

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Keith Urban? lol. Good list but I would probably say that Asa is going to be here.
    Yes...oops. I did get it right the 2nd time around and just corrected it.

Here are my thoughts on Asa.

He can't stay healthy. He can't stay clean. When he does, his talent is acceptable, but not so impressive that you miss him that badly. So, if he makes the 2015 Ravens and has a solid year, then what??? Do you think there is any chance the Ravens extend him? Of course not, and he's not even likely to yield much in the way of a compensatory pick. At this stage of his career, Jackson is strictly a one year rental, and a risky one at that.

Is Pitta on IR?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Yes...oops. I did get it right the 2nd time around and just corrected it.

Here are my thoughts on Asa.

He can't stay healthy. He can't stay clean. When he does, his talent is acceptable, but not so impressive that you miss him that badly. So, if he makes the 2015 Ravens and has a solid year, then what??? Do you think there is any chance the Ravens extend him? Of course not, and he's not even likely to yield much in the way of a compensatory pick. At this stage of his career, Jackson is strictly a one year rental, and a risky one at that.
    Agreed. He's missed approximately half the games he could've played in during his career and hasn't shown any reason for why he should stay

Hey Luke, i like your projections. hope they come true

Practice squad:

Fitz Touissant
    Keith Wenning
    Ryan Jensen
    Philip Supernaw (not sure if eligible)
    Jeremy Butler

Supernaw has been in the league three years. I don't think he is eligible.

Also, was Jensen IR'd his entire first year, or was he on the practice squad then? You can only do two years on PS, so he may not be eligible either.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Supernaw has been in the league three years. I don't think he is eligible.

Also, was Jensen IR'd his entire first year, or was he on the practice squad then? You can only do two years on PS, so he may not be eligible either.
    They changed the rules for PS. youre allowed 2 guys with more than 2 years now for a total of 10. Im pretty sure Supernaw used his up last year. Jensen was on the 53 his entire first year. he was also on it at the end of last year after being on the PS most of the year IIRC.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Agreed. He's missed approximately half the games he could've played in during his career and hasn't shown any reason for why he should stay
    hes better than levine, thats one reason he should stay.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    hes better than levine, thats one reason he should stay.
    He probably is if you are comparing 16 games of Jackson to 16 games of Levine. What type of odds would you give that Jackson plays all 16 games this year?

Blog Entries

He probably is if you are comparing 16 games of Jackson to 16 games of Levine. What type of odds would you give that Jackson plays all 16 games this year?
    I dont think theyre going to look at it like that. Better player stays. Hell last year they didnt even plan far enough to assume their 2 injury prone starters (one that already was) would need more than 1 backup. I think theyll fix that and carry more CBs this year, but I dont think theyre just going to get rid of a better player because they think he may get hurt. you cant plan for injuries you can only try to accumulate depth to deal with them. Hes depth and hes a better player. Ill always take the better player.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think theyre going to look at it like that. Better player stays. Hell last year they didnt even plan far enough to assume their 2 injury prone starters (one that already was) would need more than 1 backup. I think theyll fix that and carry more CBs this year, but I dont think theyre just going to get rid of a better player because they think he may get hurt. you cant plan for injuries you can only try to accumulate depth to deal with them. Hes depth and hes a better player. Ill always take the better player.
    I understand your logic. What good is talent that you can never depend on though?

In theory, if Jackson makes the 53 (for his last year in Baltimore) it's going to be at the expense of exposing another player to waivers who might potentially be around for 4 seasons. For your core players, that's a sacrifice you make. For players who are needed depth, you make it also. That's why I would love to the Ravens sign a veteran like Bowman or Tarell Brown and draft someone. Now you have Melvin as #5, Levine as your #6, and maybe Jacobs as your #7....and Asa Jackson's spot can go to someone like Bilikudi or a rookie.

You can't depend on Jackson to play a whole season. So if you give him an opening week roster spot you are risking a player who might play 64 games for you at the cost of keeping Jackson, who probably has 6-12 games left as a Raven.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Is Pitta on IR?
    Yes, as in I Retired... Bc

Strong at 26. Man i hope so but i think we might have to move up to get him. Which honestly we better. Stocking a ton of good guys and than watching them walk to sign big contracts because theyre at a posi t ion of depth while we have holes to fill is getting unbearable. And a waste of resources. I really want DGB, i dont care what his past is. But Strong is 2 and Gordon being 3. As the first round goes.

As for the rest of your projections. Its still thin at talent at CB. Webb should be 3rd. Period. He cant be counted on more than that.