2014 Draft Do Over - NFL.COM

So, I hate these stupid draft do-overs a year after the draft (they should do a draft do-over-over of this do-over in three years to show how absurd it is), but I thought what they did with the Ravens was funny and says a smidgen about Ozzie's eye for talent:

17. Baltimore Ravens
    Pick: C.J. Mosley, Alabama, LB
    Do-over: Timmy Jernigan, Florida State, DT
    The undervalued defensive tackle would earn first-round grades in a do-over based on his production and impact as a situational first-year player.

Yes that's right, our "Do-over" is to pick our second round choice in the first round (He has the Steelers taking Mosley one spot ahead of us).

FFS I'm so glad we're not Cleveland.

Full article is at: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ewater-at-no-1

(apologies if it's a repost, scanned the front page and didn't see it)

Re: 2014 Draft Do Over - NFL.COM

There seems to be a high "same" bias in these selections. I think Jernigan could be great and it's certainty a need, but how about Kelvin Benjamin?

I also think clowney is too high in the redraft at #6.

Tits on a boar hog....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I always love reading the draft re-do's. While this is certainly opinion based, it's also based on performance after year 1. Something fun to pass time until next month's draft. Almost 1 year later it's awesome to know that the Ravens basically pulled two first round talents with their first two picks. Who kniws, time may prove that it will be 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    There seems to be a high "same" bias in these selections. I think Jernigan could be great and it's certainty a need, but how about Kelvin Benjamin?

I also think clowney is too high in the redraft at #6.
    I'd much rather have Jernigan than Kelvin Benjamin. He put up good numbers but a lot of it was in garbage time, and they just force fed him jump balls. He was not terribly impressive in the few games I watched. A starting-caliber receiver, but not a worthy of the 17th pick in my opinion.

Remember when the "scouts" on here were infuriated with the Jernigan selection? Yeah, me too.

Blog Entries

Bridgewater at #1 is ridiculous. The explanation is that Bridgewater on the Texans would have made them a playoff team is equally ridiculous. I like what Teddy did year 1 but his stats were virtually identical to what Joe Flacco put up as a rookie and no one ever considered him to be a 1st pick in the draft kind of player. Odell Beckham would have had a bigger impact on the Texans than Teddy Bridgewater but Wide Receivers almost never go #1 overall. That's why it's the best QB they could find and not the best player.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bridgewater at #1 is ridiculous. The explanation is that Bridgewater on the Texans would have made them a playoff team is equally ridiculous. I like what Teddy did year 1 but his stats were virtually identical to what Joe Flacco put up as a rookie and no one ever considered him to be a 1st pick in the draft kind of player. Odell Beckham would have had a bigger impact on the Texans than Teddy Bridgewater but Wide Receivers almost never go #1 overall. That's why it's the best QB they could find and not the best player.
    Hindsight being 20/20, Beckham might be the most talented and gifted player to come out of last year's draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StaticRaven View Post
    Pick: C.J. Mosley, Alabama, LB
    Do-over: Timmy Jernigan, Florida State, DT
    The undervalued defensive tackle would earn first-round grades in a do-over based on his production and impact as a situational first-year player.

Yes that's right, our "Do-over" is to pick our second round choice in the first round (He has the Steelers taking Mosley one spot ahead of us).
    So Ozzie drafted Jernigan 32 spots after his value? Must be a Wiz

He does the same thing to Cincy also
    24. Cincinnati Bengals
    Pick: Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State, CB
    Do-over: Jeremy Hill, LSU, RB
    The Bengals were lucky to land Hill in the second round of the original draft. Hill's talent and production merit first-round consideration in this exercise.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old