Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade targets

Blog Entries

Trade targets

Who could we ship out a surplus 4/5th rd pick for?

I'll start:
    Brent Celek

Re: Trade targets

Julio Jones for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th

Maybe Roddy or VJax seeing as they won't be on playoff teams anytime soon.

Blog Entries

Pierre garcon

Blog Entries

White, Garcon, and Jackson all make a lot of sense to me. Their teams all have legitimate #1's (or in the Bucs case, a guy who is probably going to be one very soon) and they could all use an extra pick or two to rebuild their rosters.

would we even be able to afford any of those guys?

I've been beating the drum for Pierre Garcon and I still think he's the best target. It's very Anquan Boldin-esque... he's 29 with some prime years left, unhappy with his current team, and doesn't really fit their long term plans. He would be a great scheme fit here as he can replace some of Torrey's vertical production while being a better underneath receiver as well.

His contract is doable as is but also could be reworked if necessary. I would think a 4th and 5th probably gets it done. Make it happen, Ozzie.

Another thing on Garcon... I looked up his contract, and if we were to trade for him, basically 2015 would be an audition year to see if he's worth retaining long-term. We could cut him after this year with no repercussions, and even if we restructured say $3m of his 2015 base into a roster bonus, it would still be virtually no dead money if he's not on the team next year.

Best case scenario is he has a huge year and we can think about extending him from a position of strength. This just makes way too much sense to not happen.
    Last edited by bmorecareful; 03-25-2015 at 01:46 PM.

I really like Garcon. Concern is money; if Ozzie thinks he can do it, I am all for it. However, if we get a top WR in the first or latest second round of the draft, which is very doable, we might be better off spending our cap $$ on a TE - perhaps Vernon Davis? We could afford him in a 3yr deal and he might really bounce back. Was/is unhappy in SF. Terrapin.

Besides, if we get a quality TE via trade, not one of the dregs left in FA, we don't have to draft a ho-hum TE prospect in a middle round.

I am on the Pierre Garcon train as well. I just wish we didn't have to deal with the Redskins for him. It doesn't make me too optimistic.

Blog Entries

What about Mohammed Sanu? Him, Aj Green and Marvin Jones are all 3 going to be FA next year.

Te wise - i don't see alot of options. I really like Dion Sims but with Clay leaving he isn't going anywhere. Delanie Walker would be a nice option if Tenn would part with him. Luke Wilson could be another with Graham going to Seattle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Who could we ship out a surplus 4/5th rd pick for?

I'll start:
    Brent Celek
    I'd like that trade, even for one of our 4ths. He only just turned 30, and has size (6' 4" 255 lbs) and 8 years pro experience. While he did have 2 off-years, he does seem durable (missed only one game in 8 seasons).
    I guess it might depend on his $alary and the Eagles demands... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'd like that trade, even for one of our 4ths. He only just turned 30, and has size (6' 4" 255 lbs) and 8 years pro experience. While he did have 2 off-years, he does seem durable (missed only one game in 8 seasons).
    I guess it might depend on his $alary and the Eagles demands... Bc
    I think a part of his downward trend is that they try to feed Zach Ertz, and IDK if Kelly's offense uses the TE very much. I agree that this would be a good/probably not very expensive pick up.