Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Annual RSR "What's Everyone Drinking?" Thread

Beer: Well just cracked open my Lager that we brewed on Superbowl Sunday and damn that is good. Finishing up a Porter and a Nut Brown that we did earlier this year. Waiting on a Sweet Stout and just put down an Imperial Stout that will be ready for football season. Commercial stuff is usually my Flying Dog favorites the Imperial Gonzo or Cujo Coffee Stout.

Wine: Only when my wife guilts me into drinking with her

Liquor: Don Julio first and foremost. After that some Grey Goose, Bacardi Anjejo or anyone of my Captain Morgans.

Wicked do you still live in Frederick? How often do you brew now?

Blog Entries

Kool-Aid

Sierra Nevada Nooner and Arrogant Bastard Ale have been good to me lately. Or a Natural Light.

:)

Whisky wise, anything American will do just fine. Just don't put any of that fake sweetener or berry flavors in it. REAL barrel smoke only, please!

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Sierra Nevada Nooner and Arrogant Bastard Ale have been good to me lately. Or a Natural Light.

Whisky wise, anything American will do just fine. Just don't put any of that fake sweetener or berry flavors in it. REAL barrel smoke only, please!
    +1 to Arrogant Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Beer: Well just cracked open my Lager that we brewed on Superbowl Sunday and damn that is good. Finishing up a Porter and a Nut Brown that we did earlier this year. Waiting on a Sweet Stout and just put down an Imperial Stout that will be ready for football season. Commercial stuff is usually my Flying Dog favorites the Imperial Gonzo or Cujo Coffee Stout.

Wine: Only when my wife guilts me into drinking with her

Liquor: Don Julio first and foremost. After that some Grey Goose, Bacardi Anjejo or anyone of my Captain Morgans.

Wicked do you still live in Frederick? How often do you brew now?
    Don Julio 1942 is one of my favorites. Perfect for sipping with a slice of lime.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I know it well! We visited them two years ago when we went to the Russian River Valley for Thanksgiving. They even have goats that roam the property.

It's an amazing area and one of the best vacations we ever took. The food, the wine, the scenery are all fantastic.
    I'm really looking forward to it. We were hoping to go out in April (after tax season for me is over), but that isn't working out. Now aiming for this Fall.

Beer - "Labbat Lite", not to be confused with "Blue Lite"... yes, I drink lite beer.... I like getting half-cut and plateauing around there.... but my half-cut is probably most peoples drunk so. I find that I enjoy popping a lime into my beer on sunny days where I am outside. Hangover days, beer w/ Clamato juice.... life saver. Got to try my first Natty Boh when I was there for the Carolina game - actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Mom even brought a case home with her.

Wine - meh.... not a big wine drinker.... if no beer around, I guess I'll drink whatever the ole lady's got. Usually zinfandel or some other "crisp, fruity" type wine. Icky wine hangovers.

Spirits - TEQUILA, TEQUILA TEQUILA!!!! I LOVE good tequila.... Don Julio, Patron.... budget days = Sauza. Cuervo is some of the worst tequila I have ever consumed... friends don't let friends consume Jose Cuervo - so don't drink that shit boys and girls! As far as mixed drinks go... they don't agree with me.... I think it's the mix (pepsi, 7up etc) and all the sugar in it... that and I tend to drink mixed drinks as if they were a beer.... fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post

Whisky wise, anything Canadian will do just fine. Just don't put any of that fake sweetener or berry flavors in it. REAL barrel smoke only, please!
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Don Julio 1942 is one of my favorites. Perfect for sipping with a slice of lime.
    Every year we go to Cabo and come back with 7 or 8 bottles of Anjejo. Last year we were getting it there for like $19 a bottle. Ever have Azul?

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegraven View Post
    Beer - "Labbat Lite", not to be confused with "Blue Lite"... yes, I drink lite beer.... I like getting half-cut and plateauing around there.... but my half-cut is probably most peoples drunk so. I find that I enjoy popping a lime into my beer on sunny days where I am outside. Hangover days, beer w/ Clamato juice.... life saver. Got to try my first Natty Boh when I was there for the Carolina game - actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Mom even brought a case home with her.

Wine - meh.... not a big wine drinker.... if no beer around, I guess I'll drink whatever the ole lady's got. Usually zinfandel or some other "crisp, fruity" type wine. Icky wine hangovers.

Spirits - TEQUILA, TEQUILA TEQUILA!!!! I LOVE good tequila.... Don Julio, Patron.... budget days = Sauza. Cuervo is some of the worst tequila I have ever consumed... friends don't let friends consume Jose Cuervo - so don't drink that shit boys and girls! As far as mixed drinks go... they don't agree with me.... I think it's the mix (pepsi, 7up etc) and all the sugar in it... that and I tend to drink mixed drinks as if they were a beer.... fast.
    lol could not agree more, that stuff is relegated to the Margarita mix. Fortunately I do not like margarita's!

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Every year we go to Cabo and come back with 7 or 8 bottles of Anjejo. Last year we were getting it there for like $19 a bottle. Ever have Azul?
    One of the greatest vacations I've ever had and actually where I refined my taste for tequila. Me and a group of friends were kicked outta Cabo Wabo before we even made it all the way up the stairs.... good times!

Beer: Brewer's Art Resurrection, Heavy Seas Loose Cannon, Newcastle Brown Ale, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen
    Liquor: Single malt scotch - Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Dalwhinnie, Glenlivet