Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The Annual RSR "What's Everyone Drinking?" Thread

It's that time of year again ....

Normally, festivus would kick this one off but since he's been more absent than Ferris Bueller, I will go ahead and kick this off.

So what's everyone else enjoying? I have the following in my rotation at the moment ....

Beer: Unfortunately, beer just doesn't sit well with me anymore. So only the occasional Weekend Warrior IPA from Karbach (I doubt its made its way up to MD yet).

Wine: Ever since Mrs. HR and I went to Sonoma, we've upped our wine game quite a bit. Huge into zinfandels at the moment, with Segasio being our current favorite.

Booze: Aside from the ever present Grand Marnier (thanks to One Eyed Mikes in Fells Point), it's been all about the whiskey here. I am currently enjoying Knob Creek.

Blog Entries

Re: The Annual RSR "What's Everyone Drinking?" Thread

Enjoy Knob Creek at 8AM? Little one teething?

Beer: I'm broke and in "post-grad student debt" mode, so I drink Busch and Carling (similar to Natty Ice for you 'Mericans). When I splurge I get Canadian or Budweiser

Wine: Similar to HR, whatever Mrs. GWNR is drinking. Merlot is the popular choice. Usually Jackson Triggs (Niagra Falls)

Liquor: Whiskey = Forty Creek if I'm getting drunk, Glenfiddich Rich Oak if I'm buzzing. Rum = Still drinking Havanna Club from my trip to Cuba in January. Vodka = I drink a lot of vodka, usually Prince Igor's cause it's cheap and delicious.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Let's see...

Well, right now, I'm only consuming a few adult bevs on the weekend. Trying to drop some pounds.

However...

I have a few bottles left of my Black Rye IPA I brewed last November. That turned out really well.

I'm brewing a summer wheat/farmhouse saison style in a bit to get ready for doing yard work.

Thinking about doing an amber ale as well....lawnmower beer. :)

Wine - I don't drink too many white wines...predominately red. I particularly enjoy cabs from South Africa and Malbec's from Argentina.

Liquor - When I left the gubberment in January my boss gave me a bottle of Wild Turkey's Honey whiskey that was infused with ghost chilies. That stuff is pretty good, but I can only have one every now and then. It is very sweet and gives me heartburn, lol.

I also stand by Johnny Walker Red Label. That to me is just easy drinking whiskey.

I haven't bought a new bottle of bourbon recently, but I've been hankering for some Bookers or some small batch stuff that I can sip on while I'm working in the evening.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Enjoy Knob Creek at 8AM? Little one teething?
    Lol .... Haven't gone that road with her yet but we are getting desperate. Her back teeth are finally breaking through.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lol .... Haven't gone that road with her yet but we are getting desperate. Her back teeth are finally breaking through.
    That's a tough time for them. And there really isn't much you can do.

It took month's before Jack stopped having mouth pain.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm pretty simple in my tastes.

Beer: When I drink it, usually Miller Lite. Although there is a new brewery over in Grayton Beach that makes an ale called 30A Beach Blonde that is terrific.

Wine: For the most part, reds. I like Syrah/Shiraz. I've a lady friend out in the Central Valley of CA who's very into wines and she is broadening my horizons there.

Booze: I like bourbon, and Evan Williams 1783 or Buffalo Trace seem to be the ones I like at the moment.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

I was in a Belgian kick all winter (usually am as its my favorite type). Im currently brewing a triple and just finished a case a Weyerbacher Quad. I had Stones Quadrotriticale, 3 philosophers, and delerium nocturnum all over the winter. All are great and some being my absolute favorite beers, but after an entire case of Quad, and winter devote to them, ive decided to go a little lighter for the time being (also trying to lose some pounds like Wicked), so I switched to Landshark at the moment and as spring comes full on ill start dipping into the mexican beers that go so well with crabs and bbq. Also had some evil genius: purple monkey dishwater, ill have what shes having and i love lamp. fun names but the beers also pretty great.
    -JAB

Beer: I just had a few seasonal Dogfish Aprihop IPAs yesterday- was not disappointed. I was in Delaware briefly and was able to snatch a nice little collection of the 120 Minute IPAs to drink on special occasions (NFL draft, Ravens and Orioles Opening Days). Earlier this winter I got lucky and was able to get some Bell's Hopslam IPAs as well. I have to say it was a great winter for beer.

Wine: Anything red that Mrs. Webb21's buys.

Liqour: At the bars maybe the occasional tequila shot, or a scotch here or there. Not too often. More of a beer man.

Beer: I try as many as I possibly can.

Wine: Huge Pinot Noir fan. Might partake of a nice chardonnay in Spring/Summer.

Liquor: Sad to say it's still usually vodka tonics or capt'n and diets for me. I'm still in search of that go to cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Wine: Huge Pinot Noir fan. Might partake of a nice chardonnay in Spring/Summer
    If you can find it, give the Arista a try. By far, our favorite Pinot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If you can find it, give the Arista a try. By far, our favorite Pinot.
    Absolutely. Thanks for the suggestion!