Proposed Rules Changes from the Owners Meetings

Here's a run down of some of the rules changes that have been proposed .....

For Safety Reasons ...
    • Introducing the medical timeout -- a third party has power to stop a game if player appears disoriented (i.e. the Edelman rule)

• Rules for a peel-back block changed to include all offensive players being penalized as opposed to just those inside the tackle box.

• Rule protecting receivers changed, extending the protection if the pass is intercepted and they remain unable to defend themselves from a hit.

• It is now illegal for a back to chop a defensive player engaged above the waist by another offensive player outside the tight end area.

• Players are banned from pushing teammates at the line of scrimmage on punts and field goals. (The Ravens proposal)

For Replay ...
    • Addition of replay review for game clock at end of half, game, overtime if more than 1 second is on the clock.

The owners tabled a proposal that would have put fixed camera on the sidelines, end lines and goal lines. Seems like a no brainer to me but whatever.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 03-24-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Approved Rules Changes from the Owners Meetings

I like those rule changes. I would've liked them to pass the rule for cameras, but I suspect that will happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I like those rule changes. I would've liked them to pass the rule for cameras, but I suspect that will happen at some point.
    Agreed. They've tabled proposals before only to have them approved later. Maybe they want to study it more?

I saw there were quite a few that had different wording but would allow coaches to challenege infractions. Another was allowing coaches to challenge anything. Which i agree with. You only get 2 challenges anyway. Let them use them however they wish.

Overall, there will be 23 proposals voted on this week .....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...9&media-type=N

Mods ....

I mistakenly put in the thread title some of these rules have been approved. They have not.

Can you please change the thread title from "Approved" to "Proposed"? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Re: Proposed Rules Changes from the Owners Meetings

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!