Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Byrne Identity: Who Are The Best Ravens Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Come on now. There's no denying that Flacco belongs near the top of the list, but he's not a future Hall-of-Famer.
    Think positive, LOL. Unless he gets hurt or the FO decides to go all defense, Flacco has a shot. With no injury or missed game in his career, more then likely he is the nfl's ironman version of cal ripken.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Think positive, LOL. Unless he gets hurt or the FO decides to go all defense, Flacco has a shot. With no injury or missed game in his career, more then likely he is the nfl's ironman version of cal ripken.
    Um, no. Not even close. First Cal was the best at his position for years and years. Flacco-love him totally-has not been close to being the best QB in any year.

Second Cal did do that ironman thing while Flacco is just one of a few QBs who rarely if ever miss games.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Um, no. Not even close. First Cal was the best at his position for years and years. Flacco-love him totally-has not been close to being the best QB in any year.

Second Cal did do that ironman thing while Flacco is just one of a few QBs who rarely if ever miss games.
    Um no, Cal in the end was a good baseball player who never did become the leader the team needed. On days when he should have sat, he played . Helps to have your dad as manager. He ended up with a 276 BA. 1991 was his best year and he was a fan favorite. His Ironman record is what he will be remembered for. He had great years and average years, but for Baltimore Fans, he ranks up there with the Orioles I grew up with, Brooks, Frank, Boog, McNalley and many other players who made the Orioles who they were back then.

Flacco will never be the best QB, but will do enough to be eligible for the HOF. He has quietly broke records by not being the best QB. It's what irks Raven fans the most, Flacco flies under the radar compared to other good QBs who the media loves.

Broadway joe is in the hof, so let's not say you have to be a great QB to get into the HOF. Joe wins another SB and continues with his win record, he definitely has a shot.
    Last edited by lovefootball; 03-22-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Um no, Cal in the end was an average baseball player
    1982 Rookie of the Year, 2-time AL MVP with a 95.5 career WAR?

Yeah, real average. You can find those guys anywhere. :grbac:

Blog Entries

Um no, Cal in the end was a good baseball player who never did become the leader the team needed. On days when he should have sat, he played . Helps to have your dad as manager. He ended up with a 276 BA. 1991 was his best year and he was a fan favorite. His Ironman record is what he will be remembered for. He had great years and average years, but for Baltimore Fans, he ranks up there with the Orioles I grew up with, Brooks, Frank, Boog, McNalley and many other players who made the Orioles who they were back then.

Flacco will never be the best QB, but will do enough to be eligible for the HOF. He has quietly broke records by not being the best QB. It's what irks Raven fans the most, Flacco flies under the radar compared to other good QBs who the media loves.

Broadway joe is in the hof, so let's not say you have to be a great QB to get into the HOF. Joe wins another SB and continues with his win record, he definitely has a shot.
    So now it has come down to trashing the legacy of a Baltimore sports icon just to make Flacco look better by comparison? Purple Apocalypse is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    1982 Rookie of the Year, 2-time AL MVP with a 95.5 career WAR?

Yeah, real average. You can find those guys anywhere. :grbac:
    i almost spilled out my stone ipa when i read that

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're joking right?

Stover is still the Ravens all time leader in points and won us a shit ton of games on that leg.
    I'm not denying how integral he was, I'm just saying it's kind of sad that we needed the kicker to be so integral.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I'm not denying how integral he was, I'm just saying it's kind of sad that we needed the kicker to be so integral.
    Perhaps in 2000 it was "sad". But I see it as season-saving. He was the reason we won those games mid year when we couldn't find the end zone.

Guess I'm more glass half full when it come to Stover.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    So now it has come down to trashing the legacy of a Baltimore sports icon just to make Flacco look better by comparison? Purple Apocalypse is that you?
    No. it's my opinion, never was a fan of the man. Flacco hasn't missed a game yet, so he has a chance of setting a record for most starts.
    You use the word trash, Read my post again, fan favorite. Can't argue with you, you've come to the wrong conclusion. Ripken isn't the greatest ever, but he had a great career ,but most fans will recognize him for his Ironman record.

Won't get me tp say anymore, it's a forum, wise up.

If Tucker stays with the Ravens for 12 years...which he should....he will be the greatest kicker in Ravens history. Matt was money inside 40, average from 40-45, and not that good 45+. Tuck is awesome every range, and unlike Matt, great on kickoffs. Also, playoffs..Tuck made the greatest FG in Ravens history and is perfect (so far) (+ the incredible 52yder in Pitt last year). In the 2000 playoffs, Matt missed a gimme in the Oakland AFCC and 41yder in SB35. He did make that clutch 43yder in the 2009 Titans divisional win, though.

Its not that I do not appreciate Matt... yes he was autoMATTic inside 40... but I think we should hold off anointing him a bit when Tucker's story isn't completely written.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 03-22-2015 at 07:32 PM.

No. it's my opinion, never was a fan of the man. Flacco hasn't missed a game yet, so he has a chance of setting a record for most starts.
    You use the word trash, Read my post again, fan favorite. Can't argue with you, you've come to the wrong conclusion. Ripken isn't the greatest ever, but he had a great career ,but most fans will recognize him for his Ironman record.

Won't get me tp say anymore, it's a forum, wise up.
    Flacco has no chance at setting the record for most consecutive starts. He has 127 consecutive starts. Favre has the record at 321. Joe could start every game for the next 10 years and he still wouldn't be close.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Come on now. There's no denying that Flacco belongs near the top of the list, but he's not a future Hall-of-Famer.
    Huh?

Following are the modern era HOF QBs. Above the lines are those guys whom I would rank above our Joe Cool. The rest are equal or lesser. Please note that Joe's 10-5 playoff record (the only QB "stat" which really matters), is better than everyone on either side of the line on this list:

• Johnny Unitas 1956-1973
    • Troy Aikman 1989-2000
    • Steve Young 1985-1999
    • Otto Graham 1946-1955
    • Dan Marino 1983-1999
    • Joe Montana 1979-1994
    • Bart Starr 1956-1971
    • Roger Staubach 1969-1979
    • John Elway 1983-1998

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975
    • Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
    • Len Dawson 1957-1975
    • Dan Fouts 1973-1987
    • Bob Griese 1967-1980
    • Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974
    • Jim Kelly 1986-1996
    • Bobby Layne 1948-1962
    • Warren Moon 1984-2000
    • Joe Namath 1965-1977
    • Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
    • Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
    • Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960
    • Bob Waterfield 1945-1952

Your turn, TTRaven!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).