Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it me?

Re: Is it me?

Golly . . . this reminds me of the good old days when people actually listened to me
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

No disrespect intended; but I do not believe that Sunshine will ever be a successful winning QB
    First, don't say "no disrespect", then call Boller a name. That's pretty hypocritical.

Second, please explain again how a QB with a winning record and a 12-4 home record is considered not a winning QB? If you want to get on him for the mistakes he's made, fine. Other than that, you're statement is factually wrong.

After his 1st 5 games, , I thought McNair had received 5 more mulligans than Kyle did in 3 years. All I have heard on WBAL or WNST is, "We wouldn't be 4-1 if Kyle was playing." I am sick of hearing it. People said we would have never won against CLE or SD without McNair, but yet they have no fact that can prove that. I am a Boller fan, the kid is tough & has never hidden from the media no matter how bad the game, unlike some of his superstar teammates in this town. I like McNair & was glad to see him come to town. But outside of the drive to open the season & the 2 comebacks, he hasn't shown much. I want McNair to succeed & I want Boller to learn from him. 1 day, Boller will not be here & will get in a system that is QB friendly & will be successful. Everyone will wonder why we let him go.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I think the pass protection has improved this year even though the run blocking has deteriorated. Kyle might have more success behind this line. I think we will find out because McNair is taking 2-3 pretty solid hits per game and I think 11 of them is going to lay him up for a week or 2 .
    Part of the team energy was that the players and staff beleived McNair was the answer at Qb and played with energy. Another game or 2 of the current offense and the entusiasm will wane quickly.

Hmmm . . . I kinda think our passing game has suffered ( ) because our running game is pathetic (at least when Jamal is in there). I would imagine that teams have figured out by now that when Jamal is in, they don't have to stuff the line, which takes away any chance of changing the play (like that would ever happen) at the line of scrimmage. Or not . . . anyhoo . . . I'm thinking this thread should be moved to the quarterback forum.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Prove it.

Seriously. You stated something as a fact and now you have to defend it.

So get to proving your statement Slick.
    Prove it?! I stated an Opinion which I'll stand by until the Raven's record indicates otherwise. If this team Fails to make the playoffs, then the addition of McNair (in lieu of Sunshine, named affectionately after the QB in the magnificent film, "Remember the Titans") will have not improved this team's relative success over the last couple of years. I believe McNair will deliver! He has attributes which, in my opionion, have been sorely lacking at the QB position ever since Mr Dilfer was released.

"Slick"....hmmm, I like that!

I stated an Opinion which I'll stand by until the Raven's record indicates otherwise.
    Well, considering the games have already been played, and Boller hasn't played in any of them, your opinion has no fact to stand up to.

He has attributes which, in my opionion, have been sorely lacking at the QB position ever since Mr Dilfer was released.
    Attributes? This is all I keep hearing. He has attributes. Well, where are these attributes? With a 67 QB rating, where are they? With 6 INT's to 5 TD's (didn't people like Oldfan complain about that with Boller?), and successive drives that actually go in reverse, just what attributes are we talking about? Maybe it's luck. Maybe that's the attribute. It's been more than 5 games BTW, it's been 9. Tell me what these attributes are please, because he's not taking them out on the field with him.

How come Drew Brees can put up a 91.6 rating with a brand new team? Matt Lineart held out of camp AND he's a rookie and even HE looks better with the Cardinals right now. Dante just got benched and HIS QB rating is higher.

Let's revisit this when the season is over, and then we'll see who knows what they're talking about. IF the Ravens do Not make the playoffs, then this experiment Failed, and my opinion re. McNair will have been wrong; but to discuss the season outcome, before all of the "facts" are in, is pointless right now.

Let's revisit this when the season is over, and then we'll see who knows what they're talking about. IF the Ravens do Not make the playoffs, then this experiment Failed

How about let's not wait until all the damage is done. Should we also wait until January to watch all the taped games before knowing how the team fared? The time to address the mediocrity is now, before any more damage is done, as the Ravens head into a schedule run against contenders. IIRC, we had a similar situation in 2000 which resulted in a midseason QB switch, although Tony Banks was playing better in 2000 than McNair is playing today.

Even Preston is starting to make noises about it.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

How about let's not wait until all the damage is done. Should we also wait until January to watch all the taped games before knowing how the team fared? The time to address the mediocrity is now, before any more damage is done, as the Ravens head into a schedule run against contenders.
    :T2:
    That's a great point and it always makes me sick when I hear Billick or any coach say, "I can't comment, I'll have to see the tape". Huh?!? Doesn't this mean that you have zero ability to make in-game adjustments?? I agree that tape watching is valuable but most of the stuff is blatantly obvious and needs immediate attention. I mean if he's no longer calling plays and can't adjust to the live action without watching tape, why is he even there on Sundays?!? Ok, rant over. :bag:

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Let's revisit this when the season is over, and then we'll see who knows what they're talking about. IF the Ravens do Not make the playoffs, then this experiment Failed, and my opinion re. McNair will have been wrong; but to discuss the season outcome, before all of the "facts" are in, is pointless right now.
    We are discussing the facts. :grbac:

The facts are that the offense still stinks even after the "great" Steve McNair was brought in. You can stick your head in the sand but most of us prefer to discuss the team's performance and what they can/should do to improve it.

If we can't do that, why even have a message board? :insane:

FHRaven

I do agree that the Offense currently Stinks, and it needs to be corrected before the Ravens think about going deep into the playoffs. My only point is that McNair is the man to drive the ship, Not Boller, In My Opinion! Hopefully, he is the man, and then we can all share in the celebration come January.