Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: MMQB slams the Ravens. "Baltimore's Big Problem"

Just read this a second time with the thought I may have missed something.

I think the OP is a bit sensitive. The author gives praise and criticism equally and deservedly.

It's a function of where this franchise is at the moment. Nothing more nothing less.

Blog Entries

Fuck that asshole and his article. If my brother goes out and does something stupid 400 miles away what am I supposed to do about stopping it from happening?

Blog Entries

I stopped reading after the opening sentence.

"But a recent run of arrests has forced the organization to cut contributing players and alter future plans."

Really? Like who? Aside from Ray Rice who had a terrible 2013 and may have been relegated to #2 anyway with Justin Forsett having a great year. Let's at least have our facts down before we write an article. The Ravens are a model organization. But no organization is perfect. Shit happens. But there's always some internet blogging bozo there to pile on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just read this a second time with the thought I may have missed something.

I think the OP is a bit sensitive. The author gives praise and criticism equally and deservedly.

It's a function of where this franchise is at the moment. Nothing more nothing less.
    I thought there was an unreasonable aspect to judge because of players currently on the roster. saying its our fault for adding players with questionable pasts is fine, but cody, pierce (HS?) and Rice certainly dont fit that mold, so it seems unjustified to me.

whats the approach suppose to be? cut all players with questionable pasts because they might do something? I get the feeling when reading that in the writers opinion, its a good step, but they need to do more. im not sure what the more is hes implying because hes criticizing them for something that hasnt partaken yet, the draft.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

1. Indianapolis Ahmad Bradshaw Cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession and with following another vehicle too closely...
    2. Indianpolis D'Qwell Jackson Arrested on misdemeanor assault charge in Washington, D.C. after allegedly punching a driver in a dispute over a parking space.
    3. Indianapolis Andrew Jackson Arrested on a drunken driving charge in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
    4. Indianapolis Josh McNary Prosecutors filed charges of rape, criminal confinement with bodily injury and battery resulting in bodily injury against the Colts backup linebacker related to an incident with a woman after a night of drinking at a Downtown bar Dec. 1.

That FOUR for Indianapolis since the start of the year. Other teams listed as well. This is not a "Baltimore" thing. Good God. smh

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrest...e=&CPIorderBy=

Blog Entries

Like it or not in a post-Rice-video world this is how it's going to be for the near future. If a player on the Ravens gets arrested, it's going to be a story...not much the Ravens can do aside from being as swift and decisive with their punishments as they have been to Cody, Hampton, and Pierce. The big thing will be what happens if a more prominent player has a run in with the law, as we've all been debating the past couple days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Fuck that asshole and his article. If my brother goes out and does something stupid 400 miles away what am I supposed to do about stopping it from happening?
    Ah, very well articulated. Just how are teams supposed to keep their players in line behavior-wise?
    "Am I my brother's keeper?" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    1. Indianapolis Ahmad BradshawCited for misdemeanor marijuana possession and with following another vehicle too closely...
    2. Indianpolis D'Qwell Jackson Arrested on misdemeanor assault charge in Washington, D.C. after allegedly punching a driver in a dispute over a parking space.
    3. Indianapolis Andrew Jackson Arrested on a drunken driving charge in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
    4. Indianapolis Josh McNaryProsecutors filed charges of rape, criminal confinement with bodily injury and battery resulting in bodily injury against the Colts backup linebacker related to an incident with a woman after a night of drinking at a Downtown bar Dec. 1.

That FOUR for Indianapolis since the start of the year. Other teams listed as well. This is not a "Baltimore" thing. Good God. smh

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrest...e=&CPIorderBy=
    He didn't claim it was a Baltimore thing. He's pointing out that we have the most incidents, far more than the closest teams, and uses the very web site you just posted as his reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Like it or not in a post-Rice-video world this is how it's going to be for the near future. If a player on the Ravens gets arrested, it's going to be a story...not much the Ravens can do aside from being as swift and decisive with their punishments as they have been to Cody, Hampton, and Pierce. The big thing will be what happens if a more prominent player has a run in with the law, as we've all been debating the past couple days.
    Yup. It was the Bengals a few years ago and they came out of it ok. We will do the same.

Fuck MMQB. I couldn't care less. I don't know why people get so up in arms because a fucking football player gets arrested. Does anyone care when an IBM or Lockheed Martin employee gets a DUI or gets locked up on domestic violence charges? It's the dumbest thing in the world that this is an issue. Oh wait, let's just get all nice guys on the football team and go 4-12 every year.

Just fucking stupidity.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He didn't claim it was a Baltimore thing. He's pointing out that we have the most incidents, far more than the closest teams, and uses the very web site you just posted as his reference.
    So Baltimore’s Big Problem in big bold letters to start the article isn't claiming it's a Baltimore thing? I think we can agree to disagree. My stats for 2015 would certainly claim otherwise. But I guess if I slice the data for a particular time frame I could support any case I wanted to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Fuck MMQB. I couldn't care less. I don't know why people get so up in arms because a fucking football player gets arrested. Does anyone care when an IBM or Lockheed Martin employee gets a DUI or gets locked up on domestic violence charges? It's the dumbest thing in the world that this is an issue. Oh wait, let's just get all nice guys on the football team and go 4-12 every year.

Just fucking stupidity.
    :word

I was thinking about this, this morning with Greg Hardy. Just because their professional life is in public view, doesn't mean we care about their personal life anymore than the next guy.