Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: March Madness -- NCAA Hoops Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I had Iowa state in the final four

:bag: time to burn my bracket
    Me too. Looking forward to being mathematically eliminated by tomorrow afternoon.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Thumbs up Re: March Madness -- NCAA Hoops Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I'm still a bit pissed about Maryland (I'm a proud alum) being in the same bracket as the wildcats but it is what it is.
    Terps weren't just screwed, but completely disrespected. #8 in the nation going into the Big 10 Tourney. They were in the hunt for a 2 seed if they won it. Losing in the semis should have at least kept them a 3. Instead they end up not only a 4, but theoretically the last 4 because they get stuck in a bracket with the overall #1. They were 27-6 for crying out loud.

The Big 12 was overrated and overseeded. Bunch of pretty good teams, but no real powerhouses. Iowa State, whom the Terps beat, bounced by a #14 as a #3. Baylor just choking their game away to another 14, with them being a 3. 12 point lead with 3 mins to go. Just a total gag job.

Texas, who I had actually beating Butler, losing. Saw a lot of Butler this year and wasn't all that impressed. Kansas loses in their conference final and gets rewarded with a 2 seed. And the one that really steams me is Okla, and their 10 losses, getting the 3 spot in the East. That should have been MD's spot, not getting shuffled to the Midwest to deal with Kentucky.

Big 12 is singlehandedly screwing up brackets, including mine, all over the country. Thought the Big 12 was overrated, but I did at least think they could get through some early round games.

At least my F4 is still alive, though it's very early. I have Villanova over Duke and Arizona over Kentucky in the upset. Then Nova beating Ariz in the finals. It will probably be Kentucky, but it's gonna be awfully tough to win any pools by picking Kentucky this year.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 03-19-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah they hand picked that bracket for Kentucky. Just not enough size to compete with them until they reach the finals IMO. They have a ton of pressure on them, that's for sure.
    They are supposed to win it all according to the experts, my wife and I will be hoping for a shocking upset for the Terps (assuming they get past the first two rounds).

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Terps weren't just screwed, but completely disrespected. #8 in the nation going into the Big 10 Tourney. They were in the hunt for a 2 seed if they won it. Losing in the semis should have at least kept them a 3. Instead they end up not only a 4, but theoretically the last 4 because they get stuck in a bracket with the overall #1. They were 27-6 for crying out loud.

The Big 12 was overrated and overseeded. Bunch of pretty good teams, but no real powerhouses. Iowa State, whom the Terps beat, bounced by a #14 as a #3. Baylor just choking their game away to another 14, with them being a 3. 12 point lead with 3 mins to go. Just a total gag job.

Texas, who I had actually beating Butler, losing. Saw a lot of Butler this year and wasn't all that impressed. Kansas loses in their conference final and gets rewarded with a 2 seed. And the one that really steams me is Okla, and their 10 losses, getting the 3 spot in the East. That should have been MD's spot, not getting shuffled to the Midwest to deal with Kentucky.

Big 12 is singlehandedly screwing up brackets, including mine, all over the country. Thought the Big 12 was overrated, but I did at least think they could get through some early round games.

At least my F4 is still alive, though it's very early. I have Villanova over Duke and Arizona over Kentucky in the upset. Then Nova beating Ariz in the finals. It will probably be Kentucky, but it's gonna be awfully tough to win any pools by picking Kentucky this year.
    My heart just sank when I found out they were in the same bracket as Kentucky, I had the classic oh shit reaction LOL. My final four is still alive (Ken, Wisc., Duke and Mich. St.), my overall bracket is screwed LOL.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I'm still a bit pissed about Maryland (I'm a proud alum) being in the same bracket as the wildcats but it is what it is.
    Or look at it like being a supreme challenge. Im not diehard MD fan but I watch from time to time...... they play tough and smart and never beat themselves. Thats just the type team that can give UK trouble. If MD can keep it close into the 2nd half....... maybe UK doesnt know how to handle being in a tight situation and gets shook. Where as MD has been there all year it seems. If all breaks right I really think that game will be a battle and maybe even a classic.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Or look at it like being a supreme challenge. Im not diehard MD fan but I watch from time to time...... they play tough and smart and never beat themselves. Thats just the type team that can give UK trouble. If MD can keep it close into the 2nd half....... maybe UK doesnt know how to handle being in a tight situation and gets shook. Where as MD has been there all year it seems. If all breaks right I really think that game will be a battle and maybe even a classic.
    My wife is telling me the same thing so that's why I'm not as pissed as I was on Sunday when the brackets were revealed, my heart says they can pull it off but my head says they won't have much of a shot. Regardless of how far the Terps go in the tournament I'm truly proud of the way they have played all season and I'm proud to be a Terp.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Longhorns could have won this. Disappointing effort.
    Today has been a whole-state disappointment for Texas. Five teams selected, and it looks like five teams going down:

Butler 56, Texas 48
    UCLA 60, SMU 59
    Georgia State 57, Baylor 56
    Arizona 93, Texas Southern 72
    Utah 26, Stephen F. Austin 19 (at the half)

My wife is telling me the same thing so that's why I'm not as pissed as I was on Sunday when the brackets were revealed, my heart says they can pull it off but my head says they won't have much of a shot. Regardless of how far the Terps go in the tournament I'm truly proud of the way they have played all season and I'm proud to be a Terp.
    My thoughts exactly! I hope my avatar change doesn't jinx anything ;)

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Today has been a whole-state disappointment for Texas. Five teams selected, and it looks like five teams going down:

Butler 56, Texas 48
    UCLA 60, SMU 59
    Per Facebook stalking, looks like campanaro picked SMU to go all the way, OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post

Butler 56, Texas 48
    UCLA 60, SMU 59
    Yup. Texas round one blood bath.

All four of the 14 v. 3 games were good with two upsets (Baylor, Iowa State)

#3 UNC got lucky, mostly because for a smart school like #14 Harvard, they played a dumb final 45 seconds.

#14 Northeastern looked like nobody wanted to shoot the ball at the end of their loss to #3 Notre Dame. They could have won that game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I hope my avatar change doesn't jinx anything ;)
    Keep the avatar LOL