Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens sign Guy

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens sign Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Our DL is deep and we've got Williams and Timmy at the top. Looking for a good year from Urban hopefully. Really like these moves.
    Plus when they draft yet another DL in the top 3 picks...we can field an entire team of Dl. Because you can never have too many...

Quote Originally Posted by DC Raven View Post
    This is good to see. I don't think there are really glaring needs on the roster at this point - only places where we could stand to upgrade. That's exactly what the FO generally likes to do, so I'm happy to see they've been able to do that prior to the draft.

I think if anything, they will maaaybe sign Jennings or Crabtree, but I don't think any other WRs out there offer an upgrade over our current guys. I feel good about our current group + a talented rookie or two.

As for CBs, I'm not sure there's much out there, but 1 more veteran for depth would be nice.
    Rashean Mathis just signed with the Lions too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    NICE!

DL should be set now.

I can't see them not going WR/TE/CB/OLB in the draft.
    Not quiteon the DL
    DL is very close to what we fielded last year when Haloti was Adderalled
    Missing Cody and McPhee

Guy/Bilukidi who was on IR replaces Cody, we only need to draft/replace a McPhee (a challenge yes) outside of that D-line rotation looks set
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

From JAB: i still see a large (ngata sized) hole as well as lot of question marks. Canty and guy help, particularly cantys experience, but not quite the caliber player we need to replace ngata or mcphee let alone both.

Draft is our best bet so im holding out for that before calling it a failure like our cbs were last year. End JAB

Exactly right. While we have great depth at DE, we are in trouble quality-wise if Jernigan or Williams go down. They need to be spelled from time to time anyway. Ozzie is bound to go for a good interior DLman in the draft. And OLB to replace McPhee.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    NICE!

DL should be set now.

I can't see them not going WR/TE/CB/OLB in the draft.
    I agree for the most part, but what if Brandon Williams gets hurt? We really don't have that one big immovable object in the middle after him.

Bilikudi? Not sure there

Tyson and Guy could probably rotate into the middle, but would be a significant downgrade. I don't think you want to move Jernigan in there because of his pass rush presence on the outside. KLM, Urban, and Canty are all exclusive 5-techs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    From JAB: i still see a large (ngata sized) hole as well as lot of question marks. Canty and guy help, particularly cantys experience, but not quite the caliber player we need to replace ngata or mcphee let alone both.

Draft is our best bet so im holding out for that before calling it a failure like our cbs were last year. End JAB

Exactly right. While we have great depth at DE, we are in trouble quality-wise if Jernigan or Williams go down. They need to be spelled from time to time anyway. Ozzie is bound to go for a good interior DLman in the draft. And OLB to replace McPhee.
    We are in super trouble if Gillmore goes down...but hey let's sign more DL

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Still bitching about the cake before it's even baked I see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still bitching about the cake before it's even baked I see.
    Fool.me.once...

I am huge proponent of bringing in as many huge defensive linemen as you can. Guy played very well for what his role called for last year. I like the re-signing. With Canty returning to help mentor these young guys, we should once again have a very nice rotation up front this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Let's all complain about the roster composition in March. The first game is tomorrow, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Let's all complain about the roster composition in March. The first game is tomorrow, right?
    Our #1 WR is 36. Sorry, that is hard to accept. No other team in the league is in that situation

Blog Entries

great pick up. You have to be deep in the Dline rotation. It's critical and he will be solid for us again.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!