View Poll Results: Which 2014 Draftee Breaks Out The Most in 2015?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timmy Jernigan

21 52.50%
  • Crockett Gillmore

5 12.50%
  • Brent Urban

2 5.00%
  • Lorenzo Taliaferro

0 0%
  • Michael Campanaro

12 30.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Which 2014 Draftee Breaks Out The Most In 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    That is why I didn't vote Jernigan, he had already broken out IMO ... just going to continue on what he established when the other guy's adderal ran out.
    Same here. Jernigan had his breakout season last year. I do expect him to be even more productive with more playing time.

I would like to think that Gilmore will be that guy to step up this year since we are light at the TE position right now. He is so slow though, I doubt he ever catches on as a leading pass catching TE.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Same here. Jernigan had his breakout season last year. I do expect him to be even more productive with more playing time.

I would like to think that Gilmore will be that guy to step up this year since we are light at the TE position right now. He is so slow though, I doubt he ever catches on as a leading pass catching TE.
    He doesn't need to be a speedster. The Ravens aren't going to ask him to run deep routes, and he won't be going up against corners. All Gillmore needs to be able to do is get open, catch the ball, and create some extra yardage.

Blog Entries

Voted Gilmore. I think he's going to be the starting TE and I think he's going to play very well, at least matching Daniels numbers from last year of 48/527/4 and making those worrying about our supposed hole at TE feel silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    He doesn't need to be a speedster. The Ravens aren't going to ask him to run deep routes, and he won't be going up against corners. All Gillmore needs to be able to do is get open, catch the ball, and create some extra yardage.
    Yeah, I think he can contribute, probably as much as Daniels did, he's just not going to be another Dennis Pitta.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I went with Jernigan, but I think Urban could be a sneaky dark horse...Such high hopes for both him and KLM last year...Urban went down earlier, so better chance at coming back stronger. Tyson is the projected starter, but he was up and down last year in the coaches' minds...

Still not believing that Crockett Gillmore starts at TE this year...I like him, but just would seem weird.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm with the Gilmore crowd. IMO Jernigan has already semi-broken out, but Gilmore's situation is different.

Sure he's a perceived blocking TE , but he has plus hands. I know they will attempt to get a #1 TE in here, but can they actually? Looking at the draft and the available TEs on the market, except for maybe Maxx Williams or Zach Miller, I don't see many overtaking what Gilmore already offers. I could see a signing for depth maybe.

I don't really like Gresham either, but others may like him. I just see a Gilmore with suspect hands in Gresham IMO. So by sheer default, Gilmore can become the guy that is pressed into service and will get stats because he never really leaves the field.

Don't sleep on him.

May be wishful thinking, but I have big hopes for Urban. With Ngata gone I'd like another impact player on that line. Maybe they draft another lineman (what am I saying, of course they draft a lineman!), maybe KLM finally does well, but I like the look of Urban.