Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darien Stewart

Re: Darien Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Right but I don't get that logic either, and this is why I brought up this thread. Steward is pedestrian, of course, but I am not seeing better options even with rookies (who are untested at the NFL level).

Moore:
    GP COMB TOTAL AST SACK FF FR YDS INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD STF STFYDS KB
    57 196 169 27 1.0 2 3 0 8 95 12 23 0 20 5 14 0

Stewart:
    69 200 160 40 4.0 4 2 0 2 27 14 27 1 22 10 26 1
    I can't really read those stats, but it's very hard to measure a FS by traditional counting stats. The better FS's won't have many stats because teams don't try to challenge them. (Except Ed Reed who was a football magnet)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    I can't really read those stats, but it's very hard to measure a FS by traditional counting stats. The better FS's won't have many stats because teams don't try to challenge them. (Except Ed Reed who was a football magnet)

Yeah I can't get the spacing to work. Point taken. The only real glaring difference to me is that Moore averages 8 sacks over the career vs Stewart who averages 2 and has played more games. This suggests (revelation to all of us, I'm sure) is that Stewart is far from a ballhawk. But other than that, there is not much different. I think we are so influenced by Reed's play that it colors how we see the FS. We definitely need someone better than Stewart, I just don't think Moore is the answer. As to who is...well that is all a matter of the cap, and priorities. I am holding out hope that Elam needs just a little more time. Haha, silly me. :)

The guy was the worst saftey on a pathetic squad last year. He better NOT be on this team next year.

Yeah I can't get the spacing to work. Point taken. The only real glaring difference to me is that Moore averages 8 sacks over the career vs Stewart who averages 2 and has played more games. This suggests (revelation to all of us, I'm sure) is that Stewart is far from a ballhawk. But other than that, there is not much different. I think we are so influenced by Reed's play that it colors how we see the FS. We definitely need someone better than Stewart, I just don't think Moore is the answer. As to who is...well that is all a matter of the cap, and priorities. I am holding out hope that Elam needs just a little more time. Haha, silly me. :)
    Well looks like Moore got signed by the Texans. So on to a new plan.

5. Re: Darien Stewart

Stewart sucked ass most of the season but surprisingly played decent in the playoffs from what I remember. But still I'd rather have Matt Elam starting over Stewart. Yes, Matt Elam.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    The guy was the worst saftey on a pathetic squad last year. He better NOT be on this team next year.
    Wish granted.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...313-story.html

Blog Entries

... The only real glaring difference to me is that Moore averages 8 sacks over the career vs Stewart who averages 2 and has played more games. This suggests (revelation to all of us, I'm sure) is that Stewart is far from a ballhawk...
    Believe you meant INTs not "sacks." Plus drop "averages" and replace it with "has" and that should do it... Bc

Blog Entries

If Broncos fans thought they saw an unfortunate spectacle with Rahim Moore at Safety..............................................
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Good riddence

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass.

hahah so glad got this bum of our team. why didnt spags want him on the giants LOL

Stewart was an average player but better than Brooks or Elam by a mile. At least you could trust him to make a tackle. People were happy last year when Ihedigbo left, turns out we could have really used him. I guess im OK with it as long as Elam doesnt see the field.