Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Whats the likelyhood that T Smith and P McPhee get us two 3rd round comp picks next year

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think theres a limit of 3s FTR. by their equation, youre either a 3 or youre not. theres been years with 3, years with 1, years with none. totally up to the equation. I think Suh and Thomas will be 3s. I dont think Revis qualifies or hed be another. The C for Oak could possibly be another. Murray is possible but im not sure hes getting top money for his position.

my guess is both are 4ths. i dont think either signed big enough contracts to warrant 3rds, who are usually reserved for top end money. performance is also part of it, so if either have an outstanding year, I may consider it more possible but i dont expect either to be probowlers which i think is the distinction required to improve the pick.
    Revis I believe was a UFA because his option was declined, he wasn't cut, so I'd think he'd land a comp pick.

Blog Entries

Re: Whats the likelyhood that T Smith and P McPhee get us two 3rd round comp picks next year

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Revis I believe was a UFA because his option was declined, he wasn't cut, so I'd think he'd land a comp pick.
    I do wonder how that works. Option years are almost unheard of in the NFL. Usually the player hits certain benchmarks and gets voided years that just end a contract early. I can't remember the last player who had a team option on his contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I do wonder how that works. Option years are almost unheard of in the NFL. Usually the player hits certain benchmarks and gets voided years that just end a contract early. I can't remember the last player who had a team option on his contract.
    He also had a 'no-tag' clause. I saw last night that, including the $40M guarantee he just got, he's made $125M in the league. That dude worked the system better than anyone has...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

yeah thats why I was confused by the parameters. if the team doesnt pick it up, its basically cutting him, because he was technically under contract next year, but its also if they picked it up, they signed him again, so i can see it either way. id be curious if somebody knows of another circumstance. He did sign the richest deal for a CB so hes guaranteed a 3rd if he qualifies.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He also had a 'no-tag' clause. I saw last night that, including the $40M guarantee he just got, he's made $125M in the league. That dude worked the system better than anyone has...
    and he won a Super Bowl doing it. It kind of reminds me of what Deion Sanders did. Deion had no problem being a hired gun. He got his money and rings

We got one 3rd when we lost Kruger and Ellerbe. I think our McPhee and Torrey. Are better than those players so I suspect 1... Would be pleasantly surprised with 2

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't see 3rd round. The only 3rd round deal signed so far was Suh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    His uncle or cousin or whatever is running for NFLPA president or whatever. No doubt dude has inside information on how to get what he wants.

isn't a 3rd RD pick the highest possible compensatory pick?

Whats the likelyhood that T Smith and P McPhee get us two 3rd round comp pick...

Position has nothing to do with Comp picks, it's pretty much solely based (at least initially) on yearly average of the contract. The round can then go up or down based on "performance" (which is generally - up, for post season honors, or down, for lack of starts).

In the past, Torrey may have rated a 3rd, but given the size of some of the contracts going around this year, I really can't see it being a 3rd this time. Obviously, it's going to depend on just how far the line between 3rds and 4ths moves.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 03-12-2015 at 07:39 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Suh should give the Lions a 1st if Torrey gets the Ravens a 3rd
    If they don't get the highest comp pick for Ndamukong, then the Lions should Suh the NFL... Bc

the cutoff for 3rd round picks will be about 8.5m this year. If Torrey had received the contract that was initially floated during the 'legal tampering period" of 9m per year, he would have gotten us a three. Instead, since he and mcphee are only getting 8m/year they'll only net a pair of 4th rounders.

The 3rd round comp pick deals so far this year are Suh, Revis, Maxwell, and Julius Thomas.

http://overthecap.com/2016-compensat...pdate-3132015/